False information, Clickbait Journalism & Popular Misconceptions

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
Look at this blatant misinformation being heavily upvoted on reddit

Its literally a screenshot taken from an xbox fanboy account on twitter that is making shit up

Currently getting 100 upvotes every 10 minutes. Most certainly being botted by MS

Reactions: Nitro

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Xbots seem genueilnly upset Ryan is getting and being replaced by the CEO of Sony as a whole. I cant tell if they are just dumb or this is a direct marching order from MS discord because they know the new CEO isnt going to mess around and will have alot more freedom/lee way to make power moves compared to Jim?

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Xbots seem genueilnly upset Ryan is getting and being replaced by the CEO of Sony as a whole. I cant tell if they are just dumb or this is a direct marching order from MS discord because they know the new CEO isnt going to mess around and will have alot more freedom/lee way to make power moves compared to Jim?
He's not. The current COO/CFO of Sony, Hiroki Totoki, is taking over in the interim until a permanent replacement is found.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I wish I could say im surprised by how trashy Reddit has been regarding the Insomniac leaks but its pretty par for the course at this point.

Xbox fans are so insufferable and this entire thread is pure trash

Not surprising, Reddit hates PlayStation. Also, people all over the internet are taking things out of context to push agendas and spread FUD.

Reactions: Eggman

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Crazy how well coordinated all of this is and yet xbox is still an abysmal failure.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I wish I could say im surprised by how trashy Reddit has been regarding the Insomniac leaks but its pretty par for the course at this point.

Xbox fans are so insufferable and this entire thread is pure trash

They were hoping this leak would be reported everywhere to damage Sony as much as possible and they're pissed it's not at the level they wanted.

Makes you think this hacker group targeted Sony for a reason...

• brain
Reactions: anonpuffs

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I literally saw XEvangelists on Reddit saying that they wanted this to cause the closure of Insomniac. The same exact people that said "ABK acquisition is good for workers rights".

The Xbox fandom is a terrorist organization. I'm genuinely waiting for the day where they plan an attack on Sony's headquarters or studios, especially if their console of choice ceases to be.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I literally saw XEvangelists on Reddit saying that they wanted this to cause the closure of Insomniac. The same exact people that said "ABK acquisition is good for workers rights".

The Xbox fandom is a terrorist organization. I'm genuinely waiting for the day where they plan an attack on Sony's headquarters or studios, especially if their console of choice ceases to be.
hope it never happens, vigilante attacks are no joke. you should look up what happened to kyoani a few years ago, tragic. they should ship these xbots to ukraine to see what a real war looks like.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
hope it never happens, vigilante attacks are no joke. you should look up what happened to kyoani a few years ago, tragic. they should ship these xbots to ukraine to see what a real war looks like.
Oh I also hope it never happens, but these guys have "domestic terrorist" written in their forehead. They are so deranged I wouldn't put it past them.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

Reddit has a serious hate boner for PlayStation. Whenever someone calls it out they get hit with whataboutism from shills.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Not surprising, Reddit hates PlayStation. Also, people all over the internet are taking things out of context to push agendas and spread FUD.
That entire file dump is out of context. We're missing key pieces of ALL of it. Especially the slides. Those were clearly meant to go along with a presentation to contextualize them, and we have none of that.

That's part of what infuriates me with how the sites covering this have chosen to do so. We got that "Rift Apart lost $8mil" everywhere. Later someone finally noticed it was a sales projection forecast from June 2020. Then the infamous "Call of Duty slides" which... were from 2021 and contained nothing we hadn't heard Jim Ryan say during the ABK hearings. And when the "journalists" see this, they... leave their original posts and videos up and just quietly drop an update in the article or in a pinned comment as if that fixes it.

Irresponsibility, recklessness, and all-around nasty practices.

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
That entire file dump is out of context. We're missing key pieces of ALL of it. Especially the slides. Those were clearly meant to go along with a presentation to contextualize them, and we have none of that.

That's part of what infuriates me with how the sites covering this have chosen to do so. We got that "Rift Apart lost $8mil" everywhere. Later someone finally noticed it was a sales projection forecast from June 2020. Then the infamous "Call of Duty slides" which... were from 2021 and contained nothing we hadn't heard Jim Ryan say during the ABK hearings. And when the "journalists" see this, they... leave their original posts and videos up and just quietly drop an update in the article or in a pinned comment as if that fixes it.

Irresponsibility, recklessness, and all-around nasty practices.
first_time.jpg