False information, Clickbait Journalism & Popular Misconceptions

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
More Jez Corden propaganda nonsense

No Jez he did not work for a "Sony Law Firm". He worked at a law firm 10 years ago that today represents Sony. The name of the law firm is Cleary Gottlieb. Florian Mueller fails to provide a scrap of evidence that Raftery worked a case for Sony 10 years ago, or that Cleary Gottlieb represented Sony during his time there. The law firm does not represent Sony in the UK over these affairs, where the CMA preside, so Muller artfully says they represent Sony "internationally" instead.

Also the CMA's investigations are all done independently of the CMA's board, and Raftery wasn't the director overseeing this case.

And at the same time Mueller is very excited about this happening

Reactions: Bryank75 and Nitro
OP
OP
Nitro

Nitro

Icon Extra
10 Apr 2023
North Pole
This guy [Derak Strickland] doing his best Takashi impression and trying to twist Playstation's positive fiscal results into a negative. <snip>

1amLQRj.png

His work earned the Phil Spencer seal of approval.

h/t @Puff

Last edited:
Reactions: Puff and Eggman

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
That Derrick guy used to be pretty neutral but ever since he got his Phil ramp stamp notice the insane negative articles he writes about PlayStation. Phil plays nice but has his minions do the dirty work.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Sony needs to give this asshat the Nintendo treatment. Takashi Mochizuki is constantly spreading misinformation which impacted Sony’s share price mire than one time. I mean this proposed misinformation he can be held accountable for?
He is probably trying to lower Sony’s value on purpose. Thoughts gentlemen?

Ask Nib to join us here if anyone is talking to him. He would be a great addition to the community.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Ah, I was a hair late.

But yeah, MS is definitely inserting paid shills into the games community. Kind of crazy to think about.
More common than you think... Amazon reviews get astroturfed heavily, you'd be a fool not to think that corporations are trying to control the conversation space in public forums (and i mean forum in the broader sense)

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
he is playing games on SX 100fps and more and laugh at you..
Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF

Those guys videos are just packed with lies and propaganda, it's so blatant too...it takes an audience that wants to be deceived to make that successful. They want to create an alternate reality for themselves.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I wonder why Sony never do something against Takashi Mochizuki. With him inflaming assertions, did affect mire than one time Sony’s share price. He needs to be stopped.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
I wonder why Sony never do something against Takashi Mochizuki. With him inflaming assertions, did affect mire than one time Sony’s share price. He needs to be stopped.

Status as a journalist grants him a bit more leeway, for one. The comment on FFXVI is simply his opinion, for another.

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
So I stumbled upon this reddit post yesterday about Tom Warren attempting to defend Xbox Series S's lack of power trying to claim it wont hold games back

We now know that is false. A bunch of devs have come out saying XSS is a hindrance, most recently the developers of Baldur's Gate 3 with the game actually having to be delayed on Xbox if it comes out at all because of the XSSs lack of power

He even tries to go as far as to make claims that the PS5 will be the one causing issues. We know that is false as Baldur's Gate 3 releases on PS5 in September

Tom Warren is 100% being paid by Microsoft to do this shit and not disclose it. Is this not illegal to do? How has no one investigated these obviously paid astroturfer that do not disclose this information. There must be someone we can contact that will look into this an open a case. If anyone has such information please let me know. It has gone on for way too long.

As you can see in that shithole of a comment section this false information they spread through their astroturfers is very harmful and are indirect lies by Microsoft. This has to be against some law.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
So I stumbled upon this reddit post yesterday about Tom Warren attempting to defend Xbox Series S's lack of power trying to claim it wont hold games back

We now know that is false. A bunch of devs have come out saying XSS is a hindrance, most recently the developers of Baldur's Gate 3 with the game actually having to be delayed on Xbox if it comes out at all because of the XSSs lack of power

He even tries to go as far as to make claims that the PS5 will be the one causing issues. We know that is false as Baldur's Gate 3 releases on PS5 in September

Tom Warren is 100% being paid by Microsoft to do this shit and not disclose it. Is this not illegal to do? How has no one investigated these obviously paid astroturfer that do not disclose this information. There must be someone we can contact that will look into this an open a case. If anyone has such information please let me know. It has gone on for way too long.

As you can see in that shithole of a comment section this false information they spread through their astroturfers is very harmful and are indirect lies by Microsoft. This has to be against some law.

I doubt he's being paid at all in anything other than some access and sundry other occasional perks. None of which is actually illegal. Unethical? Sure. Illegal? No.

Besides, never pay someone to do something you can get them to do for free. And keep in mind, before he came to The Verge, he'd started a Microsoft-centric news site.