Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth had 2nd biggest PS5 launch in Japan only behind FF16! Launch Sales (physical) - 262, 656

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Some people on Gaf are convinced it would sell better in Japan retail physical if the game was not exclusive…..

Lack of brain cells clearly before they post….

1. Switch cant play the game tech wise
2. PC doesn't sell physical copies
3. Xbox doesn't have a presence in Japan

Wtf is wrong with people lol

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Some people on Gaf are convinced it would sell better in Japan retail physical if the game was not exclusive…..

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Just some really crazy takes. Yeah the whole 300 copies it'll move on Xbox.

• they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Someone said it sold between 60-80 percent of its Physical stock. Lets take the middle and say it sold 70 percent. Is that a bad result ?
Nah it isn't. I'm one of the ones that knows everything isn't always going to supercede it's predecessor. It sold more than lost FF this far except for 16. Sure there may be a decline but tht doesn't mean it isn't successful.

24 Jun 2022
Someone said it sold between 60-80 percent of its Physical stock. Lets take the middle and say it sold 70 percent. Is that a bad result ?

Who is "someone"?

While this is lower than we all expected, Physical sales could be hampered by retailers not stocking enough. Lets see what Sqaure announces for sales

A LOT of people suddenly forgetting that the Japanese version had a disc printing error for initial copies, and a lot of said copies might've been recalled at or before launch to reissue discs with the error corrected.

So it very well could be physical is supply-constrained because of that. We'll have to wait for more details.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Who is "someone"?

"Famitsu Top 30 estimates that Rebirth sold through 60-80% of its supply. Both Remake and XVI had 80-100% sell-through. If that estimate is lower end then that would be pretty anemic and paint a bad picture for its legs. Whether it's lower or upper end though, the game wasn't constrained by supply, so it's unlikely to have as good of a digital ratio as Remake did."

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023

People? Braindead fanboys.

IN this istance its mostly nintondo man children turds. Th3y re still not over n64 and ff7 saga. How come games re skiping their tablet? Imposibruuu

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
😂😂 FF15 flopped on Xbox and that was BEFORE GamePass existed. Imagine now 🤣 no FF game will sell more than 500k on Xbox lifetime
Seriously putting games on there add nothing much to sales. Unless Microsoft is giving you the bag early it's not even worth it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023

Man, Xbox going 3rd party putting their games on PlayStation got these nutcases down so bad and we haven't hit the middle of the year yet. Lol. There's no install base on Xbox anymore and haven't been for a long time now.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Man, Xbox going 3rd party putting their games on PlayStation got these nutcases down so bad and we haven't hit the middle of the year yet. Lol. There's no install base on Xbox anymore and haven't been for a long time now.
Thy have been dead for awhile, fans were betting on gp subs rising as their only validation but tht is even a catastrophy. The idiots didn't understand if you don't sell consoles htf are you going to increase subs? Just through PC, nahhh.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
As usual with Square, their naming scheme is retarded and is surely a negative effect on sales

If I'm a low information gamer there is nothing about the names that indicates to me that these are 3 parts of a whole

FFVII Remake
FFVII Rebirth
FFVII Reunion (probably)

Direct sequels should be called Part 2, Part 3 etc

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
As usual with Square, their naming scheme is retarded and is surely a negative effect on sales

If I'm a low information gamer there is nothing about the names that indicates to me that these are 3 parts of a whole

FFVII Remake
FFVII Rebirth
FFVII Reunion (probably)

They confuse everyone.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
eh the game is ways too long for my likings.

For every regions you are forced to play at least 4-5 minigames to progress.

Also I don't know how they gonna progress third part since all the goodies already ties in the second at least. Probably just all dramatic and no fun and laxed with barely like second.

Original paces pretty well thanks to being a full experience.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

FFVII Remake
FFVII Rebirth
FFVII Reunion (probably)

That would be even dumber than normal because the crisis core remaster was subtitled Final Fantasy VII Reunion already.