Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Performance Mode Visual Update on the Way, Director States |UP| Patch 1.03 released!

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
Some of the discourse around ff7 rebirth is we need more powerful hardware.

Then I look at what guerilla accomplished with hfw and don't buy excuses for this not being a dev and/or engine issue.

I know guerilla are first party and will optimise alot more, but ps5 is capable of so much more.
For Unreal Engine games, which are an ever-increasing majority of third party games out there, FF VII Rebirth included, we need more powerful hardware. You are right about it being a dev/engine issue and it will continue to be one. The only way to make Unreal Engine games perform better is stronger hardware to accommodate for the computational overhead that running games with that engine requires.

What Guerilla accomplished with HFW was possible because they are the developers of their own damn engine. They get the financing to develop said engine independent of a game dev budget, thanks to Sony.

Last edited:

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
For Unreal Engine games, which are an ever-increasing majority of third party games out there, FF VII Rebirth included, we need more powerful hardware.

What Guerilla accomplished with HFW was possible because they are the developers of their own damn engine. They get the financing to develop said engine independent of a game dev budget, thanks to Sony.

Buy Square and give them access to thr Decima engine.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This is actually true.

Remember at start of this gen how it lose the generation WOW factor because developers were choosing to push 60fps to 120fps that made visual similar to PS4 games at 30fps giving the sensation of no upgrade.

It is very simple if you have a 30fps render you have twice the amount of system resources to use in graphics.
To reach 60fps will always have big comprimisses in graphics terms.

People can prefer 60fps (or 30fps) but moving from 30fps to 60fps indeed have big compromises in graphics… that is undeniable.
Like it is not undeniable that the response time of 60fps is better than 30fps… so moving from 60fps to 30fps you have to compromise response time.

BTW there are game and games… some 30fps games are bad implemented… for example nobody even give a shit for Destiny not being 60fps because their 30fps implementation was amazing while everybody shit in Bloodborne because it have bad 30fps.

It was funny playing both at the same time because when you shift between them Destiny give the impression to be in fast forward mode for some seconds just like when you shift from 30fps to 60fps… but that go away fast because our eyes adapts to it pretty well.

That shock feeling only happens when you direct sift between 30fps and 60fps… when you give interval between them you don’t have that and both good 30fps and good 60fps feels good.

PS. I will check late but I believe I played FFVIIR in 30fps…
Demons Souls and R&C look amazing at 60fps
Demons Souls also played like trash at 30tps.

Cant even imagine playing Returnal
At 30fps...
Let the devs keep on doing what they are doing.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023

According to outlet One More Game, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth director Naoki Hamaguchi has stated that an update patch for the game is in the works, with at least part of its intention consisting of a fix for the visual quality in performance mode. No precise date for the arrival was stated, other than Hamaguchi believing it would arrive soon. This update is being done on feedback from players, particularly regarding how some of the facial lighting is inadequate.

You can view Hamagcuhi’s comments quoted below:

Thanks to Genki on Twitter for sharing this news.
Awesome news. Currently playing Crisis Core Reunion before moving on to Rebirth so waiting a bit ain't a problem.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I hopw they fix it soon. The game looks much worse than the first one because they didn't take enough time to polish it up.

Reactions: KvallyX

Maverick

1 Sep 2023
I am playing the first game in performance mode and visuals look great. I can wait for a patch while I am playing the first one. After playing a game in 60FPS, I don't think I can return to 30FPS.

Reactions: Kokoloko

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
Rebirth is the culmination of dreams of the little me playing this way back in 1998, Rebirth has lovingly brought to life what kids dreamed the world of Final Fantasy VII would like like nearly 3 decades ago. There is soo much charm oozing through every facet of the game, I have played around 20 hours till now and had a goofy smile almost the whole time. Would better resolution help in the case of performance mode, well of course it would but that should not detract from playing one of the best games made this generation.

• fire
Reactions: Kokoloko