Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Performance Mode Visual Update on the Way, Director States |UP| Patch 1.03 released!

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
So it's now March 19th and this 2nd performance update is nowhere to be found. I called bullshit on this way back when and surmised it was about the update that already rolled out which didn't improve it too much.

I mean come on, this was some random ass quote from a press tour in the Philippines with no further confirmation or follow up.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So it's now March 19th and this 2nd performance update is nowhere to be found. I called bullshit on this way back when and surmised it was about the update that already rolled out which didn't improve it too much.

I mean come on, this was some random ass quote from a press tour in the Philippines with no further confirmation or follow up.
Probably. Afaik FF16 shitty performance mode never got fixed either.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I just increased sharpness on my TV and got used to it. It's not ideal but it's way better than 30fps, still a shame that they couldn't fix something like this before release. There is also some weird stuff happening to objects near the camera.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Performance was fine for my shitty eyes when I played it.

Cant See Cheech Marin GIF

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
It varies from decent to acceptable to grossly ugly. Indoors areas are pretty good, but open world areas look like vaseline smears. That said it's still a great game. Can't wait for ps5 pro
Watch there not be a PS5 Pro patch until you have to pay for it with an INTERGRADE version. Graphics mode seems to have its FPS capped at 30 so you can’t brute force that to 60 FPS.

Oh well, PC version will come out on Steam in 2026

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
New patch

Quickly tested it, having it on performance sharp settings looks better. Nothing amazing but a better then the heavy vaseline smear before.

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
Difficulty options added for Fort Condor and Gears and Gambits is great for me since I don't like either mini-game but can now complete the proto relic sections in which these two mini-games are attached to.
It’s so easy to cheese through Fort Condor, or at least it was in INTERMISSION. Haven’t gotten into Rebirth quite yet since I’m still on the former.

Reactions: peter42O

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
It’s so easy to cheese through Fort Condor, or at least it was in INTERMISSION. Haven’t gotten into Rebirth quite yet since I’m still on the former.

Not here lol It’s balls hard and then you unlock a hard mode which is even worse. I didn’t struggle too much with the other mini-game mentioned in the patch which I won’t talk about coz you haven’t played it yet but Fort Condor is a lot harder than Intermission

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Not here lol It’s balls hard and then you unlock a hard mode which is even worse. I didn’t struggle too much with the other mini-game mentioned in the patch which I won’t talk about coz you haven’t played it yet but Fort Condor is a lot harder than Intermission
fort condor is easy in rebirth, even in hard mode. Just don't spam your units in the beginning and it's a piece of cake

the hardest minigame i've gotten to so far was the combat sim where you had to kill the mindflayer first, that was annoying af because you couldn't kill either of the other two accidentally and they died extremely easily because your guys kept focusing on them when not being controlled
other than that the 3d brawler one was pretty tough

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Square Enix has announced that patch version 1.020 for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is out today. This update makes a number of improvements, such as framerate and graphical fixes, as well as new difficulty settings for select minigames and more

You can view some of the patch notes below, translated by Ryuji. We will update this article with official English notes by Square should they be shared.

• Fixed some typos and added corrections to certain text.
  • Fixed a bug that occurred under certain conditions on the map when controlling a character.
  • Fixed an issue where certain abilities by Red XIII could be easily canceled during battle.
  • Fixed a bug that caused enemies to abruptly stop under certain conditions during battles.
  • Fixed a progress bug that occurred under certain conditions during quests.
  • Improved frame rate and overall game stability.
  • Added Sharp and Soft options to the Performance Mode settings.
  • Improved graphics quality.
  • The camera’s reverse setting is now reflected when riding a sky Chocobo and for the shooting mini-game (likely Pirate’s Rampage) camera.
  • Enhanced guidance support while climbing the ivy at the Mythril Mines.
  • Added difficulty settings to the customization screens for Fort Condor and Gears and Gambits mini-games.
@Polyh3dron yeah they were lying 😂😂🤔

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So I tried the new update. Visual quality in performance mode is still not great, but it's a bit better in the open world sections. They seem to have introduced a lot of pop-in though, I think they made the LoD transition distance closer. Feels like they added a sharpening filter on as well, you can see a lot of sharpening artifacts ghosting in motion around edges because of their temporal antialiasing or whatever. Textures can still be fairly blurry in the open world, but it's better. I kinda look forward to seeing how crazy bad this game is gonna run on PC lol

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
So I tried the new update. Visual quality in performance mode is still not great, but it's a bit better in the open world sections. They seem to have introduced a lot of pop-in though, I think they made the LoD transition distance closer. Feels like they added a sharpening filter on as well, you can see a lot of sharpening artifacts ghosting in motion around edges because of their temporal antialiasing or whatever. Textures can still be fairly blurry in the open world, but it's better. I kinda look forward to seeing how crazy bad this game is gonna run on PC lol
Thnks for the real time update, appreciated.

solidsnake_1

17 Oct 2023
So no buy then

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
fort condor is easy in rebirth, even in hard mode. Just don't spam your units in the beginning and it's a piece of cake

the hardest minigame i've gotten to so far was the combat sim where you had to kill the mindflayer first, that was annoying af because you couldn't kill either of the other two accidentally and they died extremely easily because your guys kept focusing on them when not being controlled
other than that the 3d brawler one was pretty tough

Yeah you have to be selective with your unit deployment, even then I still struggled a bit. Only mini game that gave me grief lol Gambit was also alright for me as well though I still need to try hard mode

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

It was a direct interview (recorded in video/images) with the director of the game at the launch event.

There is no way to be more official than that no matter who made the interview.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Still seems like they have no idea about what they are doing.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022

Amplified sleep is the key for that fight.

Reactions: Gamernyc78