Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth | Review Thread & |OT|

What Scores do you think Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth will get?

• 60-69%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • 86-89%

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • 95-97%

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • 98-100%

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Just bought my copy of FF7Rebirth. And I bought Helldivers 2.
Wont be able to play either till May lol

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That is pretty close to my ranking.

FFVI and FFXII are the very pinnacle of the franchise.... each own in it own way and merits.
Final Fantasy IX ranked at 10??
Final Fantasy X and 5 ranked over 7, 8 and 9….

A bit strange, I mostly love all the games though so, like you said, each to there own lol. Mine is quite different
I agree with positions 10-15 but not in that order

I also find it funny how people hate on ff16 and its combat but didnt really complain about FF 15&12 nearly as much which also didnt have the traditional combat.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
What’s with the twin pack deal? Remake is free? It’s the same price as standard.

I might bite but I’m concerned I’d maybe love my remake saves as I’ve migrated it from plus -> intergrade on extra -> to canceling my extra sub with no intent to renew -> to then migrating it to this latest version? Who knows. It’ll probably work out fine… maybe

Either that or just wait… I have no intention of starting it again anytime soon.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
So far it’s been pretty cool to come back to where we left off with Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Though having just finished FF16, I’m fucking up bad on the controls. I soon had forgot how this series plays differently.

Great memories return from the first of the series 🤩

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Final Fantasy IX ranked at 10??
Final Fantasy X and 5 ranked over 7, 8 and 9….

A bit strange, I mostly love all the games though so, like you said, each to there own lol. Mine is quite different
I agree with positions 10-15 but not in that order

I also find it funny how people hate on ff16 and its combat but didnt really complain about FF 15&12 nearly as much which also didnt have the traditional combat.
FFV is a masterpiece even today.
Mechanicallyit is the best FF ever created.

Good part of FFT being so good is because it copied most of FFV mechanics… the Job state was something genial.

FFXV is bad… it is bad directed and confused as a game.

FFX is one of the most loved FF by fans because it is a true turn based game.

FFXVI is a good game with a lot potential but that is it… it doesn’t evolve more than that and has a lt o pacing issues and random stuffs like Ultima that end up being the final boss lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
FFV is a masterpiece even today.
Mechanicallyit is the best FF ever created.

Good part of FFT being so good is because it copied most of FFV mechanics… the Job state was something genial.

FFXV is bad… it is bad directed and confused as a game.

FFX is one of the most loved FF by fans because it is a true turn based game.

FFXVI is a good game with a lot potential but that is it… it doesn’t evolve more than that and has a lt o pacing issues and random stuffs like Ultima that end up being the final boss lol
I love 5 but I still have FF9 over it. Sometimes FF4 too. Just depends on the mood.
FFX is awesome and I enjoy it so much, but I cant put it over FF9, 8, 9.
I guess everyone has there favourites

FFT I dont count, TacticsRPG are my favourite genre so gameplay wise for me they go above everything lol

Last edited:
  • Shake
Reactions: ethomaz

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
What’s with the twin pack deal? Remake is free? It’s the same price as standard.

I might bite but I’m concerned I’d maybe love my remake saves as I’ve migrated it from plus -> intergrade on extra -> to canceling my extra sub with no intent to renew -> to then migrating it to this latest version? Who knows. It’ll probably work out fine… maybe

Either that or just wait… I have no intention of starting it again anytime soon.
You get both games for the price of 1 with the twin pack. If the saves are still on your PS5, Rebirth will recognize it and give you the materia.

Reactions: Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
You get both games for the price of 1 with the twin pack. If the saves are still on your PS5, Rebirth will recognize it and give you the materia.

I find it a bit funny. What if someone just buys the standard edition instead of twin pack? It’s literally the same price but no FF7 part 1 lol. Might as well just make remake free with all copies.

Don’t get me wrong I like the idea and more games should adopt this, in particular destiny to onboard players for new expansion. It’s still weird how it’s priced the same but fuck it… heh

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I find it a bit funny. What if someone just buys the standard edition instead of twin pack? It’s literally the same price but no FF7 part 1 lol. Might as well just make remake free with all copies.

Don’t get me wrong I like the idea and more games should adopt this, in particular destiny to onboard players for new expansion. It’s still weird how it’s priced the same but fuck it… heh
It's a temp promotion, the price will go back up soon. The date was in the description on PSN.