Final Fantasy VII Remake + Intergrade reaches over 7 million shipped and sold digitally worldwide

24 Jun 2022
That's probably why Sony could only get a 3-month exclusivity window this time for Part 2. If there was any strategic partnership between them and SE, it's at least severely weakened now, if not over with. So...

February: Initial release (PS5)

June: Steam port and Xbox port (with Part 1 and Part 2)

Fall: Switch 2 port (with Part 1 and Part 2).

And guess which ones they're gonna milk for the most cash upfront? The game itself looks amazing, but I've gotta be honest about things from the business POV and the optics of what that means in the macro. That 3-month exclusivity window makes Sony look weak, and it's a big loss. There's no other way to say it.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
That's probably why Sony could only get a 3-month exclusivity window this time for Part 2. If there was any strategic partnership between them and SE, it's at least severely weakened now, if not over with. So...

And guess which ones they're gonna milk for the most cash upfront? The game itself looks amazing, but I've gotta be honest about things from the business POV and the optics of what that means in the macro. That 3-month exclusivity window makes Sony look weak, and it's a big loss. There's no other way to say it.
Sony is weak 😂 the idiots did it to themselves. Wtf is the point of a 3 month exclusive? Especially with Xbox cozying up to new Square CEO? Another major common Sony L

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Screenshot-20230915-004522-Chrome.jpg

wtf-icegif-7.gif

You dont know how happy i am to see Starfield flopping so hard

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
Sony is weak 😂 the idiots did it to themselves. Wtf is the point of a 3 month exclusive? Especially with Xbox cozying up to new Square CEO? Another major common Sony L
Sony are so risk averse its hilarious they might as well shoot themselves in the bollocks

24 Jun 2022

It's optics, nothing really more than that. Of course, a large amount of people do in fact have FOMO, and won't be able to wait the three months. And, in terms of optics, it's at least a better look than some of the ridiculous BS Microsoft does with even game announcements.

But just contrast this: Microsoft can get Sega & Atlus to outright ignore mentioning the PS version of P3 Reloaded remake everywhere outside of Japan, but Sony can't negotiate for an exclusivity window beyond 3 months for a remake to a game synonymous with PlayStation's image? It's both sad and funny in a sense.

Of course the usual dolts will come out and say the typical braindead talking points about pro-consumerism and "access to games for more people"...all talking points they got fed by Microsoft, BTW. But I digress. They'll come around and say this, meanwhile any company that seems to be struggling these are the same fools who immediate throw Microsoft's name out there to acquire them. Or, they were (and still are) a fierce cheerleader for MS buying ABK, Zenimax and who knows what else in the future. Or they ignore that MS's means of making those games "available to more people" very conveniently still keeps the access to platforms Microsoft has ownership over, be it Xbox consoles, or PCs running Windows, or services using Azure (which includes Game Pass), or lending out rights of the content they would otherwise own and collect money from (such as with the Ubisoft cloud agreement).

"Pro-consumer" is okay as long as Microsoft is still in control of that content one way or another. Anyway, have fun anyone picking Rebirth up Day 1. I'll wait until these games eventually come to PC. No FOMO on my end and there are quite a lot of other games I have to catch up on anyway. I'd just hate to be a paypig being asked to pay the most to help fund cheaper & more feature-rich access to people on other platforms merely a few months later. For the "privilege" of getting it 90 days early, for myself it's just not worth it.

Screenshot-20230915-004522-Chrome.jpg

wtf-icegif-7.gif

You dont know how happy i am to see Starfield flopping so hard

At this point tho that poster is probably not entirely wrong. I'd even say FF Remake Game Pass announcement for Xbox at the TGAs next week is slightly above 50%.

It's pretty clear the honeymoon between Sony and Square-Enix is over. Although I doubt Rebirth will be in Game Pass anytime before December next year. Though, if it DOES go to Game Pass in May, then that's just a harder slap to the face of PS5 owners IMHO.

D

Deleted member 782

Kinda insane how long it did take to reach that milestone.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Not sure about that, because to properly enjoy rebirth you had to beat integrade first. That dual pack must release at a decent price if they want to grow sales.

It's not like every single buyer of VII remake will go ahead and buy part 2.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

How much does Final Fantasy even sell on PC and Xbox?

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
😬

They made this remake from a place of desperation and creatively bankruptcy...even other studio was making it....let that sink in.  Then they had to use Unreal because their own engine is shit and without documentation.

still, it should sell kinda well because of the nostalgia cash grab.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 223

Wait a sec.... 3 month exclusive with Gamepass Day 1. Better not be true cause I ain't gonna be the idiot to fund this for $70.

I've already took two pills like that with Lies of P and Wo Long.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It's optics, nothing really more than that. Of course, a large amount of people do in fact have FOMO, and won't be able to wait the three months. And, in terms of optics, it's at least a better look than some of the ridiculous BS Microsoft does with even game announcements.

But just contrast this: Microsoft can get Sega & Atlus to outright ignore mentioning the PS version of P3 Reloaded remake everywhere outside of Japan, but Sony can't negotiate for an exclusivity window beyond 3 months for a remake to a game synonymous with PlayStation's image? It's both sad and funny in a sense.

Of course the usual dolts will come out and say the typical braindead talking points about pro-consumerism and "access to games for more people"...all talking points they got fed by Microsoft, BTW. But I digress. They'll come around and say this, meanwhile any company that seems to be struggling these are the same fools who immediate throw Microsoft's name out there to acquire them. Or, they were (and still are) a fierce cheerleader for MS buying ABK, Zenimax and who knows what else in the future. Or they ignore that MS's means of making those games "available to more people" very conveniently still keeps the access to platforms Microsoft has ownership over, be it Xbox consoles, or PCs running Windows, or services using Azure (which includes Game Pass), or lending out rights of the content they would otherwise own and collect money from (such as with the Ubisoft cloud agreement).

"Pro-consumer" is okay as long as Microsoft is still in control of that content one way or another. Anyway, have fun anyone picking Rebirth up Day 1. I'll wait until these games eventually come to PC. No FOMO on my end and there are quite a lot of other games I have to catch up on anyway. I'd just hate to be a paypig being asked to pay the most to help fund cheaper & more feature-rich access to people on other platforms merely a few months later. For the "privilege" of getting it 90 days early, for myself it's just not worth it.

At this point tho that poster is probably not entirely wrong. I'd even say FF Remake Game Pass announcement for Xbox at the TGAs next week is slightly above 50%.

It's pretty clear the honeymoon between Sony and Square-Enix is over. Although I doubt Rebirth will be in Game Pass anytime before December next year. Though, if it DOES go to Game Pass in May, then that's just a harder slap to the face of PS5 owners IMHO.

Damn, if there is any chance of it going to Xbox / Gamepass within the year of launch on PS5, then I'm only buying it on sale months after launch.

That's really really terrible.