Final Fantasy XIV possibly coming to Xbox Series S|X. Phil on stage in Japan |UP| Updated rumors.

Englishy

6 Jun 2024
That will only happen if it brings at least 100 million in revenue for xbox, For as great a game as ff16 is, It will hardly result in 10k new subscribers on gamepass let alone a number that justifies a 100 million investment.

The problem for xbox is they are never going to get new subscribers at a rate that justifies such huge investments on 3rd party IP and if the don't get AAA 3rd party games on gamepass they risk alienating a) the existing subscribers who want those games on the service and b) encourage this absurd behaviour of not buying games and waiting for if and when the games hit gamepass. Gamepass has been the pandora's box for xbox.

Precisely.

It's exactly why they're in the mess they're in. They made an irreversible bet that the growth arrow would keep pointing up, then it went in the worst possible direction for their business.

Reactions: Shadow2027

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
If Square wants $100M for FF16 on Xbox and Microsoft shows up with that amount in hand, FF16 will be on Xbox.

It will be interesting to see how many titles and how much they're willing to pay for said titles on Game Pass from this point on. With their moves towards being a third-party publisher, I get the sense that the people above Phil have decided it's time to stop pouring money into the Xbox black hole. Putting CoD on there day one is another decision that will cost them, as well. Given all that, I wonder if we'll be seeing Game Pass as mainly titles from their acquisitions, first-party titles, and older third-party titles in the future.

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
It will be interesting to see how many titles and how much they're willing to pay for said titles on Game Pass from this point on. With their moves towards being a third-party publisher, I get the sense that the people above Phil have decided it's time to stop pouring money into the Xbox black hole. Putting CoD on there day one is another decision that will cost them, as well. Given all that, I wonder if we'll be seeing Game Pass as mainly titles from their acquisitions, first-party titles, and older third-party titles in the future.
Yeah, combo that with small platform, players not buying games, challenges developing for the s with little to no return without a gamepass bag, it makes it even harder to get games on the platform

Reactions: laynelane

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
There is no sales on Xbox so I don't think they will receive any port soon.

But it can happen if Ms open the wallet and pay Square Enix upfront to put the game on Gamepass.
In that case sales doesn't matter to Square Enix :D

I mean about FFXVI that people talking.