Final Fantasy XIV possibly coming to Xbox Series S|X. Phil on stage in Japan |UP| Updated rumors.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It was obvious in the last SOP that all the big publishers were absent. The industry always preferred Xbox even if they make their money on Playstation. The way they were all rooting for Activision, they thought it would give Xbox the victory they always wanted.

Marketing deals is just another way to give them relevancy while they are dying. One last chance to show them support 🤡
With the exception of the only smart publisher left... Capcom 😉

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Also just wanna say Ubisoft has not turned on PlayStation it's simply not PlayStation's year to have marketing, it rotates yearly.
They made the schedule, they knew when their biggest games in years (Outlaws and Shadows) were coming out and they gave it to Xbox. Sony had Avatar marketing and it bombed 🤡

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Xbox (dying brand) marketing deals:
Assassin's Creed Shadows
Star Wars Outlaws
Call of Duty
Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
Visions of Mana
Persona
Yakuza
Metapher: ReFantazio
Dragon age 4

Playstation (The market leader) marketing deals:
chinese/korean shovelware
Monster Hunter wilds

It’s just embarrassing all around. As I said before, wouldn’t be surprised if Xbox has the marketing rights to GTA6 & Kingdom Hearts 4.

Update

Apparently Microsoft has the marketing deal for Dragon age 4. I'm not surprised.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Update

Apparently Microsoft has the marketing deal for Dragon age 4. I'm not surprised.

I wonder if the strong third party push is to put a badaid on, or otherwise distract from the fact that more of their IPs will be going multiplatform? Gears going to PlayStation is a much bigger deal than say the exclusivity contract ending for ff16 IMO.

Reactions: Puff
OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Update

Yep. All the publishers are giving them everything they got, hoping it will change the fate of Xbox while Sony needs to find random mobile devs in China because nobody wants to advertise with them 🤡

• haha
Reactions: Puff and JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
You guys always love to brush off valid criticism as list wars and console wars, so that you can continue to ignore the reality that Sony is doing a horrible job.

I don't really care but it just shows extreme complacency by Sony when they should be using their market share to twist the knife in. They have all the market share but are still losing marketing deals as well as 3rd party exclusives. How was Sony able to get games like FF7R, Kingdom Hearts, Persona, Yakuza, and more as full exclusives when Xbox was doing much better. But now that Xbox is on it's deathbed, they're somehow getting marketing deals and favorable terms like day 1 GamePass. You guys can keep saying it doesn't matter, but it definitely does.
😂😂😂😂

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
The best Xbox can do with 3rd party games is give marketing money to the publishers and the publishers will gladly take it because they know their games won't sell enough on the Xbox platform. Publishers aren't putting their tentpole AAA games day n date on Game pass so Xbox has been handing out marketing money to 3rd party as an alternative. In the end Xbox isn't getting much in return because the whole point of having 3rd party marketing is to create relevant mindshare for your platform and that ain't happening for Xbox. These 3rd party games are selling double digit percent on PS5 and PC and the Xbox versions dragged way behind. Really show how far the Xbox install base has fallen.

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
Pretty smart of them. Getting the gamepass money from MS, knowing the game wasn't going to sell as well as other platforms.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I can see a Switch 2 version (maybe in a similar way like FF15 portable if it's not powerful enough), but not Xbox.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I can see a Switch 2 version (maybe in a similar way like FF15 portable if it's not powerful enough), but not Xbox.
The director confirmed they wanted a Ps4 version for the game but realised dumping it saved around 2 years of development. While Sony engineers helped with the PS5 version, I can't see Nintendo sending their engineers for a Switch 2 port. They will probably rather spend resources on first party games already in development.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
We've now heard from several sources that porting games to Xbox is not profitable in many cases. I can't see FF16 being an exception here. I won't rule it out, but it would be very surprising if they did.

Reactions: Englishy

Englishy

6 Jun 2024
It's more likely to end up on Switch 2 than Xbox
Absolutely. I wouldn't be surprised if they announced a PS4 version alongside a Switch 2 announcement.
We've now heard from several sources that porting games to Xbox is not profitable in many cases. I can't see FF16 being an exception here. I won't rule it out, but it would be very surprising if they did.
Accurate, but don't forget that Microsoft can write a fat Game Pass check to make up for their disastrous software sales. If Square wants $100M for FF16 on Xbox and Microsoft shows up with that amount in hand, FF16 will be on Xbox.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
I'm sure Square is jumping over the moon that 400 people are playing Final Fantasy 14 on Xbox. Smh.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
If Square wants $100M for FF16 on Xbox and Microsoft shows up with that amount in hand, FF16 will be on Xbox.
That will only happen if it brings at least 100 million in revenue for xbox, For as great a game as ff16 is, It will hardly result in 10k new subscribers on gamepass let alone a number that justifies a 100 million investment.

The problem for xbox is they are never going to get new subscribers at a rate that justifies such huge investments on 3rd party IP and if the don't get AAA 3rd party games on gamepass they risk alienating a) the existing subscribers who want those games on the service and b) encourage this absurd behaviour of not buying games and waiting for if and when the games hit gamepass. Gamepass has been the pandora's box for xbox.