Final Fantasy XIV possibly coming to Xbox Series S|X. Phil on stage in Japan |UP| Updated rumors.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Xbox (dying brand) marketing deals:
Assassin's Creed Shadows
Star Wars Outlaws
Call of Duty
Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
Visions of Mana
Persona
Yakuza
Metapher: ReFantazio

Playstation (The market leader) marketing deals:
chinese/korean shovelware
Monster Hunter wilds

It’s just embarrassing all around. As I said before, wouldn’t be surprised if Xbox has the marketing rights to GTA6 & Kingdom Hearts 4.
I keep bringing it up but it is crazy to me as Xbox becomes less and less relevant and loses more and more market share. Somehow they keep getting more and more games and marketing deals apparently. None of it actually makes any sense.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I keep bringing it up but it is crazy to me as Xbox becomes less and less relevant and loses more and more market share. Somehow they keep getting more and more games and marketing deals apparently. None of it actually makes any sense.
That's what I'm saying, even more so now that they're putting their games on PS5. It's like one part of Xbox has completely given up and is ready to go full multiplatform, and another part of Xbox is still trying to be a nuisance and are doing these backdoor deals purely out of spite lmao.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Why the sudden turn on SE just because they're doing some marketing stuff with Xbox? I don't hate Xbox enough to suddenly hate SE, they've been cooking and Rebirth is a game of the gen contender easily.

No one is turning on SE.

Just some posters thinking they are the be-all and end-all of gaming cause of nostalgia.

SE did the same thing during the Xbox 360 days. We all know how that worked out.

Sony can only depend on themselves. They struck exclusive deals with SE yet SE believe their games sales didn’t meet expectations. Well going to Xbox sure isn’t gonna help.

Xbox can’t even sell their own games and consoles. Go figure.

Reactions: Shadow2027

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
yes it was, and cookie cutter dmc clone is disingenuous, weak and baseless critique

I'm still a Sega fan even tho they sold their souls to Xbox. It sucks but I can separate the decisions made by the idiots in suits from the great people making the actual art. I'll still be a fan of SE if they go down the Sega route, but I'll be dissapointed.

FF16 was Top 3?

Better than Baldurs Gate 3, Zelda TOTK, Spiderman 2, Alan Wake 3, Resident Evil 4 remake and Diablo 4?

From the top of my head.

Sure.

Sony have struck deals with SE. SE say their games sales didn’t meet expectations on PlayStation. Now they have gone to Xbox who can’t even sell their consoles or games.

What do you want Sony to do about it? Acquire them cause SE was great during the PS1 days?

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
FF16 was Top 3?

Better than Baldurs Gate 3, Zelda TOTK, Spiderman 2, Alan Wake 3, Resident Evil 4 remake and Diablo 4?

From the top of my head.

Sure.

Sony have struck deals with SE. SE say their games sales didn’t meet expectations on PlayStation. Now they have gone to Xbox who can’t even sell their consoles or games.

What do you want Sony to do about it? Acquire them cause SE was great during the PS1 days?
Yes for me it was Yakuza Gaiden, Alan Wake 2, and FF16.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Yes for me it was Yakuza Gaiden, Alan Wake 2, and FF16.

For you? So that makes it fact and I am wrong.

What about the rest of the gaming world?

FF16 was not Top 3 games of 2023 for most gamers.

Neither was Yakuza Gaiden.

Where are FF16 and Yakuza Gaiden here? Everyone is wrong and you are right.

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
No one is turning on SE.

Just some posters thinking they are the be-all and end-all of gaming cause of nostalgia.

SE did the same thing during the Xbox 360 days. We all know how that worked out.

Sony can only depend on themselves. They struck exclusive deals with SE yet SE believe their games sales didn’t meet expectations. Well going to Xbox sure isn’t gonna help.

Xbox can’t even sell their own games and consoles. Go figure.

Why would you interpret the previous posts as them saying SE is the be-all an end-all of gaming? Is it because JAH said it was an embarrassing L for Sony?

Reactions: JAHGamer

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Why would you interpret the previous posts as them saying SE is the be-all an end-all of gaming? Is it because JAH said it was an embarrassing L for Sony?

Cause this is a common occurrence on this forum with some posters.

Any news on Square Enix going elsewhere and it is all Sonys fault.

Watch the PlayStation is doomed posts come later.

Last edited:

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Assassin's Creed Shadows
Star Wars Outlaws
Call of Duty
Visions of Mana
Persona
Yakuza

Monster Hunter wilds

It’s just embarrassing all around. As I said before, wouldn’t be surprised if Xbox has the marketing rights to GTA6 & Kingdom Hearts 4.
Let's breakdown the deals shall we:
Ass Creed- Microsoft has a deal with Ubisoft for COD publishing in Europe or something due to the Acquisition of Activision and I'm sure part of the deal was to be thier marketing partner on consoles.
Metal Gear Snake Eater- Konami big mad at Sony for working with Kojima on a similar game.
Persona, Yakuza, Metapher- Sega can no longer use Sony as a marketing partner per terms of the deal they made with Microsoft, they took Microsoft money and the terms were no more marketing or exclusives with Sony.

OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Phil was working backstage for years to demonize Sony and Square (who do you think started the relentless campaign against FF16 and FF7R exclusivity?). That campaign is still ongoing with the latest Polygon article. It will not stop until FF is on Xbox.

The new square CEO was dumb enough to fall for the narrative. He basically turned on Sony and repeated what the haters were saying. I wouldn't be surprised if he's on stage during the Xbox show to give them FF16, Rebirth and all the future marketing rights 🙄

OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Assassin's Creed Shadows
Star Wars Outlaws
Call of Duty
Visions of Mana
Persona
Yakuza

Monster Hunter wilds

It was obvious in the last SOP that all the big publishers were absent. The industry always preferred Xbox even if they make their money on Playstation. The way they were all rooting for Activision, they thought it would give Xbox the victory they always wanted.

Marketing deals is just another way to give them relevancy while they are dying. One last chance to show them support 🤡

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
It was obvious in the last SOP that all the big publishers were absent. The industry always preferred Xbox even if they make their money on Playstation. The way they were all rooting for Activision, they thought it would give Xbox the victory they always wanted.

Marketing deals is just another way to give them relevancy while they are dying. One last chance to show them support 🤡
Truth. Media and companies have always been openly biased towards xbox even though for developers customer time and spend was minimal with gamers preferring nintendo and Playstation

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
FF16/7R being a flop gotta be one of the biggest lies told in gaming media lol

They sold decently, didn't light the sales charts up though, not bad for being on one platform. To those who think PC/Xbox will "save" them, get out of your bubble, JRPG sales are 70-80% on PlayStation.

Xenoblade, Nintendo's premier JRPG franchise, struggles to sell 2 million a game, with X2 being the exception. hardcore folks need to realize the genre they obsess over has limits. you will never see Final Fantasy sell like Elden ring. So why do we waste so much time looking at SE with magnifying glasses? More so than any other company? They gave us 3 AAA games in the past 2 years alone, two of which I consider masterpieces. They will continue to cook like they always have.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Phil was working backstage for years to demonize Sony and Square (who do you think started the relentless campaign against FF16 and FF7R exclusivity?). That campaign is still ongoing with the latest Polygon article. It will not stop until FF is on Xbox.

The new square CEO was dumb enough to fall for the narrative. He basically turned on Sony and repeated what the haters were saying. I wouldn't be surprised if he's on stage during the Xbox show to give them FF16, Rebirth and all the future marketing rights 🙄
Its most likely going to be updates on trials of mana, Octopath2, maybe an ff14 trailer. But yes, sony should be working hard to make sure they dont lose SE but it seems that ship has already sailed.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
That's what I'm saying, even more so now that they're putting their games on PS5. It's like one part of Xbox has completely given up and is ready to go full multiplatform, and another part of Xbox is still trying to be a nuisance and are doing these backdoor deals purely out of spite lmao.
I do think that the schizophrenic nature of MS seems to be as you said, upper management has given up, Phil and his lackeys havent. Im guessing whatever third parties will be there were signed in the interim where MS was pretending to be weaker than they actually are to get the ABK deal through and then upper management wanting to go multiplatfrom. Imagine being sega tying the entire generation to the console that gave up half way through, actually on second thought Sega gonna Sega.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Its most likely going to be updates on trials of mana, Octopath2, maybe an ff14 trailer. But yes, sony should be working hard to make sure they dont lose SE but it seems that ship has already sailed.
Well tbh its not Sony's loss either, when the next mainline final fantasy launches and sells about the same ballpark as rebirth or 16, square will truly have an egg on face moment. I really do hope the 1-1.5 million sales on pc and xbox cover the costs of making multiple ports. But the true litmus test is dawntrail sales come july and we know how that will go. 3-4 years down the line Square would wish they had the guaranteed money from sony.

• brain

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Well tbh its not Sony's loss either, when the next mainline final fantasy launches and sells about the same ballpark as rebirth or 16, square will truly have an egg on face moment. I really do hope the 1-1.5 million sales on pc and xbox cover the costs of making multiple ports. But the true litmus test is dawntrail sales come july and we know how that will go. 3-4 years down the line Square would wish they had the guaranteed money from sony.
FF14 wasnt even in the top 50 xbox games played the month it came out. It completely flopped.

• they're_right_you_know