Final Fantasy XVI is a timed exclusive but other Titles May Never Make It to Xbox, as Sony Exclusivity Is Going to Get Much Worse according to insider

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
More games will go console exclusive due to gamepass killing sales of all software on Xbox. Welfare pass changed the habits of their players … now they only play handouts. And what’s worse… gamepass and Xbox doesn’t have the players it needs to sustain shit for aaa development.

Unless you’re a major third party tentpole release there’s no point. And even then.. RE4 and SF6 flopped hard on Xbox etc….

Sony doesn’t even need to make deals for this anymore. It’ll get worse due to Xbox’s business being total shit for game makers.

This gen is so over. Xbox hardware sales are done. This is the worst they’ve ever flopped it. And to think there still somewhere around 6 years left to this bloodbath. No shot. Xbox got steamrolled

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Has anything head on the block said actually came true yet? I feel like everything he/she says is like way off future stuff.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
The hero guy was wrong about alot of things. In particular he said FF7 rebirth would be 50 percent different form the original but that doesnt seem to be the case.
Gotta love it when people refuse to listen to when the devs tell you how their game is going to be.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
The hero guy was wrong about alot of things. In particular he said FF7 rebirth would be 50 percent different form the original but that doesnt seem to be the case.
I am Hero too I don’t follow for long, I just remember his track record is not that bad. Regarding Rebirth we will need to wait. Combat will be different, Over world map too, you can fly now with Chocobos…
In summary it could be really more different than the original. I mean Zack and Biggs are alive…
It’s too early too jump into conclusions.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I am Hero too I don’t follow for long, I just remember his track record is not that bad. Regarding Rebirth we will need to wait. Combat will be different, Over world map too, you can fly now with Chocobos…
In summary it could be really more different than the original. I mean Zack and Biggs are alive…
It’s too early too jump into conclusions.
Don't know why some find it so hard to believe that Sony might have some cool stuff on the way over the next few years.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Don't know why some find it so hard to believe that Sony might have some cool stuff on the way over the next few years.
Yeah it’s always the same circle of users here which ate being super negative about everything Sony is doing. People are losing their mind because they are not announcing buyouts of publishers left to right like MS does…
If Sony buys for real a publisher it will take time. Sony is now negotiating for 3 years because of Zee buyout from Disney. I can just imagine how complicated the Japanese bureaucracy is regarding Japanese gaming companies. People tend to forget that Phil Spencer back then confirmed he was negotiating for 2.5 years with Zenimax. Activision did sell fast because they were in a mess and their greed had taken over. Microsoft overpaid imo for ABK too. But I have confidence that Sony will do a meaningful and defensive buyout from Japan.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
In 2024 Sony will buy them.
Now is the best opportunity they have ever had to do it and the cheapest square has been since the gen began. With recent drop in market cap square cap be picked up at nearly a $2billion discount atm even account for a premium offer consideration. Ps buying square and marking everything exclusive would hurt Nintendo more than Xbox at this point and I’m all for that.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Now is the best opportunity they have ever had to do it and the cheapest square has been since the gen began. With recent drop in market cap square cap be picked up at nearly a $2billion discount atm even account for a premium offer consideration. Ps buying square and marking everything exclusive would hurt Nintendo more than Xbox at this point and I’m all for that.
Square has a lot ongoing. They are currently busy with moving into the new HQ next to Sony’s HQ in Shibuya…
If Sony is really buying them, then I think it will take some time. Sony is for example still negotiating with Disney to buyout Zee. Since 2019 they do negotiate. Sony is in that aspect really slow. Tbh. I don’t think Sony will make all games of Square exclusive. Smaller ones and DQ, would be likely coming to Nintendo systems. Sony can’t cut versions and afford an economical loss like MS is doing with Bethesda for example.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Square has a lot ongoing. They are currently busy with moving into the new HQ next to Sony’s HQ in Shibuya…
If Sony is really buying them, then I think it will take some time. Sony is for example still negotiating with Disney to buyout Zee. Since 2019 they do negotiate. Sony is in that aspect really slow. Tbh. I don’t think Sony will make all games of Square exclusive. Smaller ones and DQ, would be likely coming to Nintendo systems. Sony can’t cut versions and afford an economical loss like MS is doing with Bethesda for example.
Sony handles multiple acquisitions at a time. It took 6 months of negotiation with bunch all during that time the zee deal was being fleshed out, so was the Crunchyroll deal so were several smaller acquisitions and billions in investing being done. For all we know they’ve been negotiating with square for a year now.