Final Fantasy XVI [OT] Clean Out Your PSClive Boys, We're Going Boss Hunting

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
They merged Ifrit and Phoenix skills in the same hot keys so it is like that... you can only use two at time but have like 8 avaiable... the others elements have only one eikon so you have at max 4 skills to setup 2.

The moment I got Ifrit it feels like it should be a separeted slots.

BTW you should ignore to use skills points in skills you won't use :D

The next set of fire attacks are like super attacks with longer startups and durations. Kinda makes me want to lean into the other elements and just use fire for big dps. It’s gonna change my playstyle since I generally like the fire options best.

I also cannot see wtf I’m doing during limit break… fire! All fire! 🤣

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The next set of fire attacks are like super attacks with longer startups and durations. Kinda makes me want to lean into the other elements and just use fire for big dps. It’s gonna change my playstyle since I generally like the fire options best.

I also cannot see wtf I’m doing during limit break… fire! All fire
so? what is a problem? just choose those skills on other Eikons and that's it. all fire skills.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I also cannot see wtf I’m doing during limit break… fire! All fire! 🤣
I'm probably a bit early yet and just got Ifrit skills :D

I do use for example the Wind skills only for support (for example that grab that stun big enemies when the bar go below half) because they indeed do very little damage... fire is what wreak enemies to die fast 🔥 🔥 🔥

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
yuri_repede.jpg

I can unsee it anymore. No wonder I love this game… it’s just like my other all time greatest action jrpg.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I'm probably a bit early yet and just got Ifrit skills :D

I do use for example the Wind skills only for support (for example that grab that stun big enemies when the bar go below half) because they indeed do very little damage... fire is what wreak enemies to die fast 🔥 🔥 🔥

Shift becomes less useful when thrust is an option but I still use it on bosses. If fire now gives you more ability options then I’m refunding all ability points for those ingot equipped. This wisp ability seems kinda nice right now.

Ground pound with the charged sword starts juggle combos easy so gonna lean into wind to start abusing grapple for a bit.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
The summon in this game look so great and majestic it made summon in FF7R look cheap in comparison

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
what i gather, best choice is to have AP % ring, because if you go for platinum, it shortens the grind. because even after NG+, you are missing some AP.

I don't have that ring, where do you get it?
Charon sells the ring to get 20% more AP when you reach a certain point in the story. Same for Gil and Xp ring.

I just got it and I equipped instead of the parry slowdown. I ain't gonna cheat no more 💪

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Bryank75

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
The game is so fkn good I can't contain myself.
30fps mode is fantastic and low lag. Motion blur is so high quality it saves lives. No judder on oled.
Amazing HDR. finally. 3 years into the console life.

Like. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WITH THIS GAME HOLY SHIT (aside from mmo conversations in some quests and sides quests - these look like ass)
I have HUNDREDS of screenshots but only posting some early ones, so no spoilers.

al5kFOB.jpg

ftAxFQG.jpg

BTCsKnR.jpg

6CCUaze.jpg

A3TkWLN.jpg

6X32b8c.jpg

Pj1oHvs.jpg

tb0Wxrp.jpg
bIGpBtH.jpg

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Charon sells the ring to get 20% more AP when you reach a certain point in the story. Same for Gil and Xp ring.

I just got it and I equipped instead of the parry slowdown. I ain't gonna cheat no more 💪

Parry slowdown ring.... I'm disgusted! :p

The game is so fkn good I can't contain myself.
30fps mode is fantastic and low lag. Motion blur is so high quality it saves lives. No judder on oled.
Amazing HDR. finally. 3 years into the console life.

Like. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WITH THIS GAME HOLY SHIT (aside from mmo conversations in some quests and sides quests - these look like ass)
I have HUNDREDS of screenshots but only posting some early ones, so no spoilers.

Great pics, it is a really beautiful game.

I really love the vibe at the place in the water (if you know where I'm talking about) , it's so peaceful and amazing aesthetically... imagine living in such a place.

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Parry slowdown? I just got the ap% ring and i dont have that one either. Or you mean berserker's?

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I cannot believe how incredible this game is. It is the best spectacle I've ever seen in a game probably.
I am finding myself playing with a mouth agape like an idiot each evening lol.
I think I am near the end and that one fight... god damn. Each fight is crazier than previous one. This is truly a dragon ball game lol.
Bahamut fight. Holy crap... and then they go into space. I was making mouth noises. I am pretty sure my wife takes me for an idiot hearing all the "uuuhhh, ooooh holy shit".
This truly feels like a bold 360/ps3 game in the best meaning possible.
And the story!!! The asmosphere of orange skies and musicon that ship afterwards. omg
goty

Reactions: Airbus and Box

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Parry slowdown? I just got the ap% ring and i dont have that one either. Or you mean berserker's?
I mean the "cheating" ring they give you when you play on story focused. Time slows before you get hit and you just have to click R1 to dodge and parry. I had it since the beginning because I suck 🤓

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I mean the "cheating" ring they give you when you play on story focused. Time slows before you get hit and you just have to click R1 to dodge and parry. I had it since the beginning because I suck 🤓
Ohhh, i didnt know it helped you parry as well.
The fight with
liquid flame felt kind of like they were trying to do flame lurker from demon souls but it felt a lot easier.. the dodge windows in this game are extremely forgiving especially if you have it leveled up

The further I go in the game the easier it feels lol, haven't died in a long while

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The game is easy.

The rings makes it well basically square button smash :D
Try for example Ring of Timely Strikes + Ring of Timely Evasion + Ring of Timely Healing.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Chocobo unlocked!!!

Ambrosia

😭😭😭

Ohhh, i didnt know it helped you parry as well.
The fight with

The further I go in the game the easier it feels lol, haven't died in a long while

The game is easy.

The rings makes it well basically square button smash :D
Try for example Ring of Timely Strikes + Ring of Timely Evasion + Ring of Timely Healing.
I did the first Mark without any rings and I died right away in the explosion 😳

I think the Marks are like superbosses for people like you that thinks every game needs to be Soulsborne.

Reactions: Vertigo
OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Chocobo unlocked!!!

Ambrosia

😭😭😭

I did the first Mark without any rings and I died right away in the explosion 😳

I think the Marks are like superbosses for people like you that thinks every game needs to be Soulsborne.
Post a video of your gameplay if you don't mind? I think if you're properly engaging with the combat you shouldn't be dying much at all

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Post a video of your gameplay if you don't mind? I think if you're properly engaging with the combat you shouldn't be dying much at all
I didn't record it but it was Arihman, the ground became red while I was attacking him and then there was an explosion.

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I didn't record it but it was Arihman, the ground became red while I was attacking him and then there was an explosion.
oh yeah lol, don't stand in the attack circles. i don't think i got hit by that attack but the rest of that guy's attacks did hit kinda hard, i remember having to use potions for him

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Heh glad someone else unlocked the Chocobo. Didn’t want to mention it yet till someone else got it.

So I’m assuming because of that all the “+” sign sidequests might all have some special reward for them.

Looks like you can slot mastered Ifrit abilities to any of the elemental magic hotkey slots. You can even swap the slots of Shift, Blind Justice and Deadly Embrace. Cycling between the 3 during combat can be a bit clumsy but I can work around it with some customizations.

Unlocked monster hunts. Eh … a lot of these big bosses while different character models … it’s kinda the same fight over and over.

I’m already hoping they’re working on the next game to be honest. I definitely want the series to continue like this for a few more mainline games.

Highly suggest playing Tales of Vesperia Remastered if you have not and you enjoyed your time with FF16.

Last edited: