Final Fantasy XVI [OT] Clean Out Your PSClive Boys, We're Going Boss Hunting

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Im wondering if its worth it to do a fresh playthrough of Final Fantasy mode bedore i start this DLC

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Beat the DLC, I give it 9/10. The new location, bosses and music were amazing, but there was 1 part that was annoying as hell and poorly designed. And I don't really like the Leviathan Eikon abilities, they feel weak compared to others.

Also I just beat the Tonberry King in FF7 Rebirth last week. And I beat the Tonberry King in the FF16 DLC today, FF16's Tonberry King boss fight was 10x better.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Entropi and SLB1904

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Just finished FF16 Echoes of the Fallen DLC. Waited till both DLCs were out to play it. The final Eikon (after Leviathan) is amazing! I don't wanna say what it is, but it's easily the best Eikon in the game with the best abilities and makes it worth doing a new game+ run.

• fire
Reactions: SLB1904

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Hello.

After several months I restarted the hard rush for the platinum again... beat the Bahamut yesterday.
So very close to get that trophy.

But it feels that hard mode is too easy?

I mean except for taking way more time to kill the bosses and enemies overall (their HP are really big) you basically can't be killed even under leveled (I'm lvl 65 while bosses and enemies are at 74... after all I'm rushing without kill most of the things).

There is no challenge in the hard mode (well in any other mode too)... you don't even need to setup skills... to be fair you can kill everything easy dodging and hiting... I even realized yesterday that I was using the last weapons and armors form the end of the game in the previous mode....

I realized (yeap I realized near Bahamut battle... basically over half of the game without talking with seller/forge... and I just realized it because I was buying potions from Goetz lol) there are upgrade and new weapons/armor in the hard mode on NG+ that boosted my attack near 120 points (the sword I'm using has 545 atk and before I was using one with 395 atk or so)... even so it still takes several minutes to kill bosses and yellow bar enemies... and I stun them pretty fast with Shiva and Ramut end skills (using both basically reach near stum of any boss/enemy).

Last edited:

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
I finished up FFXVI a few weeks back. Really impressed with the game overall. Particularly the cinematic action was on a scale I hadn't experienced from other games.

In regards to their side-quest writing, I thought this entry was leaps and bounds above prior FF entries.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko