Final Fantasy XVI | Review Thread

What scores do you think Final Fantasy XVI will get?

• 40-50%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60%

• 60-70%

• 70-80%

• 80-85%

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Also I predicted a score of 90, which is technically right if you go by Opencritic, lol.

Edit: Dropped to 89. :-/
Dropped to 87 on Meta. The fangs are out for this game for some reason. Everybody playing is loving it so let's hope the word of mouth bury these fucks. Sullivan is all over the Era thread doing his usual slimy shit in PS5 threads.

That guy is a weirdo. He flaunts his extreme love for Xbox and Phil Spencer...and then whines that people call him biased :ROFLMAO:

That guy should stop doing bias reviews and just do an onlyfans instead 👀

Reactions: Puff

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023
There is an annoying thing going on where some reviewers on Twitter are desperately trying to add an asterisk next to FFXVI's name. It's basically impossible for them to say anything good about the game without also screaming about how much they hate one or two specific things.

Also, I'm about 17 hours in. Thoughts so far: incredible combat, investing story, charismatic characters, superb acting, amazing custscene direction, jaw-dropping scale, gorgeous environments, and absolutely banger music.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I’m around 6-7 hours in. Love everything so far except maybe the difficulty.

Feels to easy so far but the challenge is increasing.

I selected Action mode.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Apparently kotaku says that ff16 isn't a real rpg and some journalist on twitter announced that he dropped the game. The smear campaign is in full effect.

Either way I personally love the game.

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023

Why do people have to go to twitter to declare they dropped the game? I’m farther than him and his statement is BS. I guess the FF16 smear campaign is in full effect

How is he claiming to be so many hours in when he is watching and reporting the FTC hearing more than he’s played the game?

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023

Why do people have to go to twitter to declare they dropped the game? I’m farther than him and his statement is BS. I guess the FF16 smear campaign is in full effect

How is he claiming to be so many hours in when he is watching and reporting the FTC hearing more than he’s played the game?

He looks like the type of guy to only really play western games

Reactions: Doncortez77

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I agree with some of his comments...
Level/quest design is really dull even compared with old school FF.

I'm liking the game but I have the impression you guys are just closing your eyes to the flaws.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I agree with some of his comments...
Level/quest design is really dull even compared with old school FF.

I'm liking the game but I have the impression you guys are just closing your eyes to the flaws.
Maybe some people just like the game and don't view certain things as issues. It's cool to have issues with a game, everyone does, but everyone doesn't have to agree on those issues either.