Final Fantasy XVI | Review Thread

What scores do you think Final Fantasy XVI will get?

• 40-50%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60%

• 60-70%

• 70-80%

• 80-85%

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Metacritic needs to either make user reviews work like steam or not have them.
I do agree. After you confirmed you played more than 2h..
It is easy to implement, you have to link your account with meta and there you can see the time played.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
In general, Meta Critic should eliminate the user score and user reviews because none of it can be validated whatsoever. Doesn't matter what the platform or game is, it's all just meaningless and pointless.
100% this.

Anybody looking at user scores is using Metacritic wrong.

Reactions: peter42O

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It is easy to implement, you have to link your account with meta and there you can see the time played.
That will only happen if you are the platform owner… I mean PS Store, Steam, etc can allow a reviews only from people that played the game.

Metacritic will never have access to that so better to rip off user review.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Then we are going to have Xbox fanboys buying the game and a PS5 to give it a negative score. :ROFLMAO:

I can tell you right now that if this game releases on PC without performance issues or Epic store shenanigans it's going to have a ridiculously high score on Steam.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Then we are going to have Xbox fanboys buying the game to give it a negative score. :ROFLMAO:
Well if you used $70 of your money only to give a negative score then it will be a big win to Sony and Square Enix 🔥

Playing $70 you can give whatever score you want 👍

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Then we are going to have Xbox fanboys buying the game and a PS5 to give it a negative score. :ROFLMAO:

I can tell you right now that if this game releases on PC without performance issues or Epic store shenanigans it's going to have a ridiculously high score on Steam.
maybe, but it will minimize nonsense review and maximize sales. both way it is a win win for everyone.

• fire
Reactions: Box and Nhomnhom

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
There’s another thread shitting on the game at era. Yeah, it’s annoying how they’re trying hard to make the game fail.

Honestly its every major playstation exclusive at this point. There were non-stop threads shitting on forspoken, God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo, Returnal, etc. it’s going to happen with spider-man 2, helldivers 2, and Rebirth also. They did it with PSVR2 also, constant rooting for it to fail.

And just in case people think im bullshitting…

God of War Ragnarok threads:

Just the same people making the same threads over and over and over again, shitting on the game. Could fill an entire page with the amount of threads they’ve made shitting on Horizon Forbidden West, there’s twice as many post about “aloy won’t shut up” “tired of solving puzzles”, “horizon is overrated” “forgotten west” bumping the thread about elden ring outselling it. You’d think it scored like Redfall the way people there want to convince you to hate everything about it.

The same people talking about a lack of diversity constantly there, made non-stop threads shitting on Forspoken. So, they contributed to a game with a POC not getting a sequel and the studio getting shut down. They could have voice those same concerns and had them correct their mistakes for a sequel but now we get nothing and those same people are cheering.

I remember when Returnal came out every thread was derailed because it cost 70 dollars. You never hear anyone bring up zelda ToTK costing 70 dollars now. It’s honestly constant FUD on that forum and playstation fans are pretty much regulated to their OT unless they want to get caught up in it and get a ban.

FFXVI is just the recent target of this, game could have been a 94 and the same threads would still exist. Has nothign to actually do with Final Fantasy or the game, people are just salty that SE and Sony had the audacity to make it exclusive. I have not seen a major playstation game release with jsut no overt trolling or FUD like I’ve seen Nintendo or even some Xbox releases. Really weird, and now the acquisition stuff is making it even worse.

Its just ironic they hold themselves in such high regard as far as maturity goes but they are like one degree removed from Gamefaqs.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Honestly its every major playstation exclusive at this point. There were non-stop threads shitting on forspoken, God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo, Returnal, etc. it’s going to happen with spider-man 2, helldivers 2, and Rebirth also. They did it with PSVR2 also, constant rooting for it to fail.

Just the same people making the same threads over and over and over again, shitting on the game. Could fill an entire page with the amount of threads they’ve made shitting on Horizon Forbidden West, there’s twice as many post about “aloy won’t shut up” “tired of solving puzzles”, “horizon is overrated” “forgotten west” bumping the thread about elden ring outselling it. You’d think it scored like Redfall the way people there want to convince you to hate everything about it.

The same people talking about a lack of diversity constantly there, made non-stop threads shitting on Forspoken. So, they contributed to a game with a POC not getting a sequel and the studio getting shut down. They could have voice those same concerns and had them correct their mistakes for a sequel but now we get nothing and those same people are cheering.

I remember when Returnal came out every thread was derailed because it cost 70 dollars. You never hear anyone bring up zelda ToTK costing 70 dollars now. It’s honestly constant FUD on that forum and playstation fans are pretty much regulated to their OT unless they want to get caught up in it and get a ban.

FFXVI is just the recent target of this, game could have been a 94 and the same threads would still exist. Has nothign to actually do with Final Fantasy or the game, people are just salty that SE and Sony had the audacity to make it exclusive. I have not seen a major playstation game release with jsut no overt trolling or FUD like I’ve seen Nintendo or even some Xbox releases. Really weird, and now the acquisition stuff is making it even worse.

Its just ironic they hold themselves in such high regard as far as maturity goes but they are like one degree removed from Gamefaqs.

Thank you for all the receipts. It's so tiring the constant negativity surrounding FF16. The low UK physical sales didn't help so now they're emboldened. The thread is already bigger than some OTs.

The game is fucking amazing. It's the biggest technical achievement I have ever seen. It wouldn't be possible any other gen. It should be celebrated.

Reactions: Remember_Spinal

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

That's why I need Microsoft to exit gaming. Their toxic fanbase is ruining things for everyone else.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Having not commented on the reviews giving it 60s until now I am about 25 hours in.. I have to say those reviews are absolutely insane, nothing less than outright false

Nothing about this game is a 60. Even the side quests are not in the 60 range. While they aren't always thrilling, they are generally very good for adding to the ongoing themes and narrative

A 60 is a game that is borderline broken with some redeeming parts. Not masterpiece with some average parts

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Having not commented on the reviews giving it 60s until now I am about 25 hours in.. I have to say those reviews are absolutely insane, nothing less than outright false

Nothing about this game is a 60. Even the side quests are not in the 60 range. While they aren't always thrilling, they are generally very good for adding to the ongoing themes and narrative

A 60 is a game that is borderline broken with some redeeming parts. Not masterpiece with some average parts

''Final Fantasy XVI Has No Idea What It Wants to Be''​

Nicolas Cage Laughing GIF

Blatant making shit up, this game is getting, like it was real PS studios exclusive.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
For a game that it's supposed to fail, they sure like to talk about it:
View attachment 1703
Why isn't anyone talking about how shitty women are always treated in Zelda games?
20 pages discusion about FF 16 UK boxed sales lower than 15

Boy people there are really desperate looking for bad news for this game arent they

Bet that thread filled with anoying xbox fanboys

If 16 win GOTY or outsell 15 those people better stfu

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
There’s another thread shitting on the game at era. Yeah, it’s annoying how they’re trying hard to make the game fail.

It’s a coping mechanism.

Happens when you can’t play a great game on your favourite box.

Heck it’s probably just a case of it not being available on their favourite box.

Most won’t play it anyway.

The game won’t fail. Barring FF15, all Final Fantasys have had some form of exclusivity and negative press.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
View attachment 1703
Why isn't anyone talking about how shitty women are always treated in Zelda games?
PlayStation failure: Final Fantasy XVI
Xbox failure: Redfall

Xbots don't get that whatever BS they put in the world as a hopeless attempt to sabotage the PS5 will inevitably comeback 10 fold at them when the time comes.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
View attachment 1703
Maybe I'm playing a different game than these people. There are plenty of really powerful women in FFXVI and the main theme so far was the injustice of slavery, class system and abuse of power by those that control it.

It's pretty clear what is actually pissing these people off, it's the game not being on PC/Xbox.