Final Fantasy XVI | Review Thread

What scores do you think Final Fantasy XVI will get?

• 40-50%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60%

• 60-70%

• 70-80%

• 80-85%

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Maybe I'm playing a different game than these people. There are plenty of really powerful women in FFXVI and the main theme so far was the injustice of slavery, class system and abuse of power by those that control it.

It's pretty clear what is actually pissing these people off, it's the game not being on PC/Xbox.
You don't get it

The issue is that they dared put a white male in the lead role

Therefore the virtue signallers paint a target and write absolute nonsense

Same deal as Days Gone, RDR2, God of War, Star Wars Fallen Order. You can find an article claiming sexism against any male protagonist in the past 5 years.

Shit even TLOU2 with two female protagonists got called sexist

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
You don't get it

Same deal as Days Gone, RDR2, God of War, Star Wars Fallen Order. You can find an article claiming sexism against any male protagonist in the past 5 years.

Funny they never called out gears of war, a series that has the biggest straight white male energy ever and never outgrew 5th grace.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You don't get it

Can't be just it because plenty of games that have a white male protagonist get away with it without nearly as much hate.

Similar stuff doesn't come up for much bigger offenders like Halo (a military power fantasy about a white guy trying to fuck a naked AI and save the universe).

Forspoken had a black female protagonist and it got plenty of hate.

Toxic Xbox fans, paid media/shills enhance the visibility of these issues (regardless of where it's coming from on the political spectrum). On Resetera it's rather obvious that that is the main factor otherwise why would a mostly far-leftist place like them shill so hard for MS acquisition of ABK?

Last edited:
Reactions: Puff

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Final Fantasy XVI won’t let women be powerful, yet every woman in Tears of The Kingdom gets nuked out the story, for reasons lol

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
They really don’t get enough of it:

MrRevocs1256

28 Apr 2023
They really don’t get enough of it:

I played over 45 hours, in UK during a heatwave. No crashes whatsoever.
The game does create heat. But I made sure that there is space for the heat to pass.
Some people have their ps5 on the very back of the wall, and no shit it's overheating.
Also I never cleaned the console

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
The game does create heat. But I made sure that there is space for the heat to pass.
Some people have their ps5 on the very back of the wall, and no shit it's overheating.

Yeah, its either a defective unit or they are not placing their PS5’s in optimal positions to breathe. I’m in the final 3rd of the game, my console gets hot but not overheating.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I'm still only a few hours in and damn performance in frame rate mode is dreadfull. Like I was expecting occasional drops here and there, but so far in the castle and in the forest area it's seorusly becoming distracting.

Loving everything else though, but hopefully se fix this soon.

I think the music is gonna go right up there with Ff7

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Here in the UK too. PS5 is cool and quiet as a mouse.

No issues whatsoever. I have the launch model.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I'm still only a few hours in and damn performance in frame rate mode is dreadfull. Like I was expecting occasional drops here and there, but so far in the castle and in the forest area it's seorusly becoming distracting.

Play it at 30fps

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
88 is a joke. The game should be 98.
It’s the best game this generation. Right next to Elden ring but thankfully not mimicking it

Reactions: Muddasar

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
OC still needs to catch up on reviews (MC have 10+ scores) but it is already very close...
MC: 88
OC: 89
It’s pretty good for a game that had a bad negative press prior to releasing due to fake outrage and virtue signaling.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

The framerate gets better later, first 25% of the game is atrocious though. They should have delayed the game 3 months to smooth it out

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022

revenge payback GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
On Resetera it's rather obvious that that is the main factor otherwise why would a mostly far-leftist place like them shill so hard for MS acquisition of ABK?

They are not far-leftist. They are mostly guided by stupid American identity politics. They have no fucking clue what being left wing is.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
They are not far-leftist. They are mostly guided by stupid American identity politics. They have no fucking clue what being left wing is.
Sure... come on now, be honest. Maybe you are a leftist too and don't like that they make you look bad but that does not change reality.

Most of the people there are self admitted communists that hate capitalism and the west. The impressive thing is that they somehow fit shilling for MS in that.

Last edited: