Final Fantasy XVI | Review Thread

What scores do you think Final Fantasy XVI will get?

• 40-50%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60%

• 60-70%

• 70-80%

• 80-85%

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Conclusion​

At its best, Final Fantasy 16 is a jaw-dropping epic of rarely seen proportions. It's pretty much the pinnacle of cinematic spectacle in modern games, and its often gripping, emotional story is only matched by its fantastic combat system. While its overall quality does dip outside of the main plot, this is still a must-play action RPG, and the best single-player Final Fantasy in over a decade.

Positives
  • A stunning cinematic spectacle
  • Some excellent characters
  • Story is truly gripping at points
  • Brilliant combat system
  • Immaculate English localisation
  • Outstanding soundtrack
  • New Game + and arcade mode

Negatives
  • Some dismal side quest design
  • Frame rate dips in performance mode

9/10.

sounds like 11/10, gives 9/10.

redfield

20 Jun 2023
most of the criticisms focus on the difference in the combat between this new game and the old ones in the franchise

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
They'll praise Zelda for the little it did to innovate and being mostly the same, while panning FFXVI for changing things too much

It's a microcosm of the gamer mind. They want the same and something completely different at the same time. Like a friend who skipped Ragnarok because it was more of the same, and then skipped FFXVI because it's not turned-based.

Helios

Coolios
11 Jun 2023

Conclusion​

At its best, Final Fantasy 16 is a jaw-dropping epic of rarely seen proportions. It's pretty much the pinnacle of cinematic spectacle in modern games, and its often gripping, emotional story is only matched by its fantastic combat system. While its overall quality does dip outside of the main plot, this is still a must-play action RPG, and the best single-player Final Fantasy in over a decade.

Positives
  • Outstanding soundtrack

Negatives

9/10.

It's a known issue that in these media companies someone passionate or someone who atleast has experience writes the reviews and the final rating is given by someone higher up or aggregate of all those who work there, but most of the time the ratings are given to control a narrative

Reactions: Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
This is such a slap in the face and shows the obvious bias they have towards Nintendo. Zelda doesn't even have performance mode and locks to 20fps.

Games releasing on PlayStation are held to a much higher standard when it comes to pretty much everything.

FFXVI is "Medieval Soap Opera", wtf is Zelda boring ass story then? What about Zelda offensively bad and braindead sidequests?

It is what it is, but the good news is that no one reads reviews and Metacritic becomes less relevant each day.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023

Conclusion​

Positives
  • Outstanding soundtrack

Negatives

9/10.

I’m done reading/watching about 5 reviews. The review content feels like a 10 then the score is 8 or 9 😂

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I find it suspect that FightingCowboy played 20 hours and the entire industry pushed out reviews. Clearly more skilled than reviewers and often if not gets games before they do. He’s basically the modern day version of walkthru books GameStop would sell you on.

I am now writing off all these reviews. They just rushed to review publication date. No one finished this shit. Frauds. All of them

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Conclusion​

Positives
  • Outstanding soundtrack

Negatives

9/10.

Pretty much my feel from the demo.
It is strong focused in cinematics and story.

There are very few gameplay parts in the demo and I found the combat serviceable... so I just disagree with the combat part :D

People will hate me but FFXIII even being trash tier in my view have a way better combat system than FFXVI or FFXV :cool:

Reactions: Bryank75

Helios

Coolios
11 Jun 2023
I find it suspect that FightingCowboy played 20 hours and the entire industry pushed out reviews. Clearly more skilled than reviewers and often if not gets games before they do. He’s basically the modern day version of walkthru books GameStop would sell you on.

I am now writing off all these reviews. They just rushed to review publication date. No one finished this shit. Frauds. All of them
These reviewers don't play games and i don't mean just the game they are reviewing but they actually aren't gamers, they spend most their time in their open offices writing reviews and boring meetings, you think their bosses would let them play games on their job

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
if was not Eurogamer the game would be +90
gosh I'm gonna find the reader of that stupid article and flood his mail box😭
Don't do it. Don't give them any attention.

A good/great game will make it's own fortune. FFXVI if it's as good as it looks will do just fine.

These reviewers don't play games and i don't mean just the game they are reviewing but they actually aren't gamers, they spend most their time in their open offices writing reviews and boring meetings, you think their bosses would let them play games on their job
They are also many times forcing themselves to play and trying to find things to complain about, trying to stand out with a different score.

Sure it's nice when a game you like get a good score but if that is not the case, whatever, these scores aren't worth much in 2023.

FFXVI got an overwhelmingly positive reception, if it's not 90+ so be it.

Last edited:

Helios

Coolios
11 Jun 2023
You have to scroll and scroll to reach the end of 100 and 90 ratings, but due to half a dozen mid ratings it sits at 88 now on metacritic. They have to do something when the reviewer already have an agenda to give it a lower rating like that eurogamer review