Financial Times] Why Japan Should Sell Nintendo - A sale of one of its crown jewels could be transformative for the country

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Flip side to that, Corporate America allows anyone to buy shit up over here including land and corporations. Shit half of Manhattan is owned by the Asians (specifically Chinese) now 😂😂😂
i doubted Chineses wants to go back to their authotarian cage.
there might be some spies among them, but, eh.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It needs to be recognized the negative, destructive influence of Microsoft on gaming, they won't be happy till they have almost every IP worth anything locked behind a monthly fee that they control.

It's fucked and it's even more fucked that anyone hasn't told them "enough, you greedy c****."

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
i doubted Chineses wants to go back to their authotarian cage.
there might be some spies among them, but, eh.
Of course there is. That spy game is heavy. The Chinese just bought and tried to buy more land by a U.S. Intelligence area 😂

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Why the American government should break up Microsoft

and if the government don't, people should do something... Beekeeper style.

Jason Statham Fight GIF by MGM Studios

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
A sale of Nintendo would be such a negative blow culturally for anyone who appreciates good media. It’d be like walking up to the sweetest grandma and taking a dump on her lap in front of her family. The soul of the world just doesn’t need that. Let’s keep some things sacred.

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
A sale of Nintendo would be such a negative blow culturally for anyone who appreciates good media. It’d be like walking up to the sweetest grandma and taking a dump on her lap in front of her family. The soul of the world just doesn’t need that. Let’s keep some things sacred.
It would be a negative blow if Nintendo suddenly had unlimited budget to make more mascot go-cart racers for lobotomized children.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
"Thought experiment"

"Big moment for japan" (Career Moment)

Where have we heard language like this before?

Reactions: Box

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
It needs to be recognized the negative, destructive influence of Microsoft on gaming, they won't be happy till they have almost every IP worth anything locked behind a monthly fee that they control.

It's fucked and it's even more fucked that anyone hasn't told them "enough, you greedy c****."
Hmm I noticed a lot of games that launch on that Day One service are usually mediocre craps.

Because devs make a soulless mediocre game to be consumed and dumb on subcription services to make the guaranteed money, why spending efforts on it? You don't need to sell your product since you already got the money.

The future like what would be terrible, because it is a value-destructive model

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Another Microsoft-funded "thought experiment" (Jesus what a sad sack of unoriginal imbeciles, they can't even avoid obvious buzz words and phrases from the leaked documents) with points that conveniently favor a $2.5 trillion tech conglomerate having its worst year in gaming insofar as noteworthy, genuinely successful 1P, right after their previous worst year in gaming where they had virtually NO significant 1P releases whatsoever.

A $2.5 trillion tech conglomerate that wants to take the shortcut and buy its way to market relevancy through purchasing 3P publishers and foreclosing once-multiplat content on competitors. A $2.5 trillion tech conglomerate that's seeing stagnating console revenue growth in spite of buying a 3P publisher who would have seen more commercial success releasing certain games this year on certain "competitor platforms", therefore could make good argument that MS's acquisitions are hurting overall revenue growth and stability of the console games industry market. And a $2.5 trillion tech conglomerate, that wants to repeat all of these problems to even greater magnitudes with ABK.

Yes, let's write a stealth fluff-piece to play theatrics towards Japan's economic & population concerns. When the actual point of said article is to trick gullible dolts into accepting a scenario for a $2.5 trillion tech conglomerate who's failing to stabilize and build relevance with what they ALREADY have, to buy, destabilize, and ultimately ruin arguably the most historic gaming company in history.

Thank goodness I don't subscribe to filth like this.

What all this bullshit just confirms is that the world's economic system needs a deep reform. We have companies that are worth multiple times what an average country is, even in the western world. Companies that buy PR, buy the news, shape the public discourse, buy politicians, everything.

They need to be broken up, all of them, including Sony and the likes.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
My son told me that Chinese owned 1/3 of Vancouver and everywhere he went there is a Chinese land saleman ad sign :ROFLMAO:

i don't think they are spies, it is just their business.
Oh of course they aren't all spies but they have a strong spy network. Bro besides the spy balloons, the land thy try to buy close to U.S. Intelligence areas, software hacks for info lol the U.S. also broke up secret spy rings and police stations within nyc lol

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
What all this bullshit just confirms is that the world's economic system needs a deep reform. We have companies that are worth multiple times what an average country is, even in the western world. Companies that buy PR, buy the news, shape the public discourse, buy politicians, everything.

They need to be broken up, all of them, including Sony and the likes.
US gorverment should broken M$, Pfizer, Google, Amazon, Disney, Unilever,...

Should be their target

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75