Financial Times] Why Japan Should Sell Nintendo - A sale of one of its crown jewels could be transformative for the country

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Oh of course they aren't all spies but they have a string spy network. Bro besides the spy balloons, the land thy try to buy close to U.S. Intelligence areas, software hacks for info lol they the U.S. Also broke up secret spy rings and police stations within nyc lol

China are masters at propaganda, but so is the US government (probably the pioneers).

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
China are masters at propaganda, but so is the US government (probably the pioneers).

Lol you'll never hear me say otherwise. In college I took a course "radical approach to American politics" even though I knew much this was a bigger reinforcement. No one does the pulling of the strings and the spy game like they do. For good or bad one thing growing up that I give props to U.S. Is allowing ppl to think critically of the govt, in other countries you'd get hanged and it would be considered treason. Of course with this new gen this critical thinking against the govt has turned for the worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snes nes

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
So is this a tea leave MS is actually serious about taking nintendo over by hook or by crook? Someone is planting the seeds for something here. Like are they actually going to attempt a hostile take over? Are they that craven and out of touch with reality? I would say yes they are.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
So is this a tea leave MS is actually serious about taking nintendo over by hook or by crook? Someone is planting the seeds for something here. Like are they actually going to attempt a hostile take over? Are they that craven and out of touch with reality? I would say yes they are.
By making it about Japan they are also invoking American jingoism and xenophobia. Not to mention there is an insidious threatening tone to this...

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Yep they're trying to change the discourse to make it sound like such an abominable acquisition would be a good idea for everyone, not just for Philnocchio Fucktard Cuntwat Sphincter, III.

Expect to see more of this horseshit, because the backlash to their leaked comments was severe and wounded their egos greatly.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Lol you'll never hear me say otherwise. In college I took a course "radical approach to American politics" even though I knew much this was a bigger reinforcement. No one does the pulling of the strings and the spy game like they do. For good or bad one thing growing up that I give props to U.S. Is allowing ppl to think critically of the govt, in other countries you'd get hanged and it would be considered treason. Of course with this new gen this critical thinking against the govt has turned for the worse.

For the new gen it’s hard to say. A lot of the people I know don’t like politicians.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
What a clusterfuck of a company. PR won't win you console generations nor allow you to do whatever you want. Those leaks were the most damaging thing they had leaked in a very long time.

Your goody two shoes PR won't work anymore.

Again, if they spent a fraction of the effort they invest into cheap, transparent PR, into actual gaming, they6;d have actual good games. But no, they'd rather spend time and money on shills and influencers.

Your braindead twitter crowd might fall for it but it's not doing you any favors in the industry.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Bloomberg's Takashi Mochizuki tweeted the article on his end. Lol. The man gotta have something to keep his hate boner for Sony and Nintendo up.

• angry
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
This FIREman really comes off as a leach in the article. In making his points he only shows why Japan shouldn't let its companies be brought out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cool hand luke

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
These media people have to be really dumb to think the majority would be OK with sacrificing Nintendo just to prop up Xbox of all things.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
These media people have to be really dumb to think the majority would be OK with sacrificing Nintendo just to prop up Xbox of all things.
Did you read the article? It wasn't about Xbox at all, it was about sacrificing Nintendo on the alter of stock prices and asset valuations, putting investors above employees, sustainability and companies themselves. And no, it wasn't a Microsoft hit, FT (and Bloomberg) march to the beat of Wall Street's drum, not Redmond's.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Did you read the article? It wasn't about Xbox at all, it was about sacrificing Nintendo on the alter of stock prices and asset valuations, putting investors above employees, sustainability and companies themselves. And no, it wasn't a Microsoft hit, FT (and Bloomberg) march to the beat of Wall Street's drum, not Redmond's.
If they don't they certainly seem to hate the same things Redmond do, mainly Sony and PlayStation based on what they've been posting this generation (especially Bloomberg and Takashi). These guys seem to always advocate for scenarios that mainly help Microsoft.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
If they don't they certainly seem to hate the same things Redmond do, mainly Sony and PlayStation based on what they've been posting this generation (especially Bloomberg and Takashi). These guys seem to always advocate for scenarios that mainly help Microsoft.
Bloomberg is a little more broad (don't they do game reviews?) but FT specializes in financial news from a rightwing perspective. They might be pro-Microsoft but if asked would just as easily argue for retiring the Xbox entirely and turning Microsoft into a server farm that charges monthly for Office Suite.