[Finished - We have a winner!] IconEra's monthly game screenshot competition

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022

IconEra's monthly game screenshot competition
(September)
Fancy yourself as a bit of an artist do you? Well then, this is the perfect thread for you. Welcome to Icon-era's first official Screenshot competition.

We are looking for eagle-eyed gamers to produce the best of high-quality screen captures. Find us something unique, find us something amazing and you might find yourself walking away with a monthly prize.
camera-flash-black-and-white-7n2a239nnoaeyxgw.webp
This months prize is a 50$ Amazon gift card / voucher, we will do our best to provide an alternative currency amount if the users local choice is unavailable. i.e Amazon / Paypal etc.

Prizes can change on a monthly basis.
For this month's competition, there is no set theme, and your choice of game/screenshot type is totally up to you.
For next month's competition we might have theme and limited list of applicable games.

Our plan is for monthly winner entries to also participate at the end of the year in a Final, to choose the IconEra screenshot champion.

This months screenshot competition will be active from 1st of September to 30th of September.

You can use https://imgbb.com to upload your screen captures. Copy the full bbcode and paste it.
Rules:
  1. Only one entry allowed
    All formats are welcome.
    Only in-gameplay play scenes captures.
    You can edit your entry as many times you want before we lock the thread for judging on the last day of the month.
    We want your best effort, so choose wisely.
    No comments to be included anywhere in regards to your entry.
    Screen capture needs to be your own and not copied from the internet or another person.
  2. Discussion in the thread is allowed
  3. Staff & Founders are allowed to participate
    Judging to be held by a VIP person, outside of IconEras inner circle.
  4. Good taste, no NSFW pictures, no offensive symbols and no discriminative or mocking content of any marginalized group of people
    e.g Building a huge dick in Minecraft and posting screenshot of that will get you excluded.
    Building Nazi symbol out of those dicks and posting screenshot of that will get you banned.
  5. No watermarks or text with username in the Screenshots
We have a Winner!
We had total of 15 screenshots, a big thanks to all members that participated in the competition.
@Nobermeijer who is not participating in the competition was drafted to do the judging for September.
Big thanks to him!

This months prize is sponsored by: @PropellerEar and @TubzGaming

1. Winner is @3liteDragon ($50 Amazon gift card) Absolute number one, the amount of detail and things captured is insane
IMG_1172.png
2. Runner up is @TubzGaming (No 2nd prize, sorry 😝) T here's not a lot that got captured it still has an amazing level of details and the way it was taken is very good
181aae0b12b76-screenshot-Url.jpg
3. Third place goes to @arvfab
T here's a lot that got captured in this shot. Looking good
181be8171646-screenshot-Url.jpg
Stay tuned for more!
A new competition will be announced next month!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13

Man, it should be several people wanting to participate in this. If you win, you can *almost* pay for a free game. :ROFLMAO:

• they're_right_you_know
  • fire
Reactions: rofif and Sircaw

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Should there be a rule to not include screenshots from the cutscenes?
You know, only gameplay/photo mode maybe ?
Do I go for art or for entertainment.... difficult decisions.

Final attempt 4! Click for full screen yo !
RwbUeXH.jpg

Attempt 3. almost serious this time !
waiZcUH.jpg

New shot
H0v0g3H.jpg

Anyway. I took a winner beginning of this year.
HrqvXIO.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13

Should there be a rule to not include screenshots from the cutscenes?
You know, only gameplay/photo mode maybe ?

Do I go for art or for entertainment.... difficult decisions.

Anyway. I took a winner beginning of this year.
HrqvXIO.jpeg
That is a good question and since we don't have many entries yet, what do you think @Sircaw and @PropellerEar ? My vote is for in-gameplay screens only.

• brain
Reactions: rofif and Sircaw

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
That is a good question and since we don't have many entries yet, what do you think @Sircaw and @PropellerEar ? My vote is for in-gameplay screens only.
If we go for in cutscene screenshots, then we might end up with few of the same entries and the only skill is to snap at the right time. No composition and stuff

But it’s up to you. I’ve got plenty of those too !! :D

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
If we go for in cutscene screenshots, then we might end up with few of the same entries and the only skill is to snap at the right time. No composition and stuff

But it’s up to you. I’ve got plenty of those too !! :D
You should be banned from submitting screenshots, i still remember the screenshots you took that looked better than my review ones for the "the evil within 2"

I have not forgotten your treachery, justice will prevail.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I hope we are going to get some screenshots from some of our more boisterous Xbox users, @adamsapple @Bernd Lauert @DynamiteCop @DarkMage619 , I am sure you guys can find at least a few shots within Gamepass's Libary.

And good-looking shots, not just Craig.

4 Pics of flight simulator inc or The last of us2 "Remaster" i know you guys love to talk about that game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13

Remember the rules guys:

- NO in-game cutscenes of any kind

- NO Photomode screen captures

- MUST BE IN-GAME GAMEPLAY ONLY

• thinking_hard
Reactions: rofif