For the first time PlayStation Trophies will be available on PC.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
That's ignoring that they will certainly cell 3rd party games on PC as well out of said store.

Why would people buy from the Sony store when steam has everything they need?

Epic tried it and failed hard
Nobody uses the windows store
Even EA gave up

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I've already shown you that that isn't true, but you just want to ignore facts.
No. You don’t.
Because it is bullshit.

You are confusing profit deterioration with having no profit.. Sony continue having profit with PS5 and in that profit deterioration… that means PS5 is having less profit than few years ago.

That is what Sony CEO said in Q2 FY2023.

Operating income increased 6.8 billion yen year-on-year to 48.9 billion yen, mainly due to the impact of increased sales, despite a deterioration in profitability of PS5.

Q2 FY2023 means after September 2023… it was said in the earnings in November 2023.

You won’t lie here.

Last edited:

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
Why would people buy from the Sony store when steam has everything they need?

Epic tried it and failed hard
Nobody uses the windows store
Even EA gave up

Sony isn't Microsoft, EA, or Epic.

On the face of it, it's an extremely silly question.

Why would the PlayStation 1 succeed where Sega, Atari, ColecoVision, 3DO failed?

Why is Sony able to have success in the console space, despite Microsoft failing?

Epic has only 1 game of their own pushing their game store. They do not have a significant number of their own titles releasing annually.

EA has 0 third party support.

Microsoft failed in the console space, what makes them the arbiter of how successful someone can be in the PC space?

Sony has significantly better 3rd party relations globally than Epic AND they have a much larger software catalog of their own. They have a much larger gaming ecosystem of their own. The reasons others have failed don't necessarily equate to Sony and it's pretty lazy analysis to suggest otherwise.

Why would people buy games from a Sony PC store? Exclusive games, exclusive features like cross game save, 3rd party trophies, potentially cheaper games, PS+, Crunchyroll if sony was smart and bundled it with PS+.

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
No. You don’t.
Because it is bullshit.

You are confusing profit deterioration with having no profit.. Sony continue having profit with PS5 and in that profit deterioration… that means PS5 is having less profit than few years ago.

Maybe it is a reading comprehension issue, but they specifically say decrease or increase in losses, they never mention profit from hardware throughout their financial reports.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Maybe it is a reading comprehension issue, but they specifically say decrease or increase in losses, they never mention profit from hardware throughout their financial reports.
It is really read comprehension.

He said increased loses in hardware parts… not the whole PS5 where he said it just profit deterioration.

The first QA quote…

Operating income increased 6.8 billion yen year-on-year to 48.9 billion yen, mainly due to the impact of increased sales, despite a deterioration in profitability of PS5.

After he was asked more info about “PS5 deterioration in profitability“.

There's some technical aspect to this. Last year, there was a temporary FX gain that occurred on the yen basis as compared to the year before that, There was an increase in loss in the same period last year from the purchase of parts. In the meantime, the yen depreciated rapidly, so there was a special factor.

You took this second quote and made up it was about the PS5 sales when he was explaining why PS5 profit decreased.

And yes they said they where having profit with PS5 in a November 2023 warning like the first quote shows… decreased in profit means you have profit before and continue having profit now but lower.

Last edited:
Reactions: Airbus and Umar

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024

He said increased loses in hardware parts… not the whole PS5 where he said it just profit deterioration.

Find me a single quote in any financial document where Sony has ever said the PS5 was profitable.

They are absolutely referring to the PS5 in these financial reports when they refer to hardware.

People want to obfuscate on this, but Sony has been perfectly clear on it, and it's embarrassing to see you continue to argue in the face of facts.

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024

The first QA quote…

After he was asked more info about “PS5 deterioration in profitability“.

You took this second quote and made up it was about the PS5 sales when he was explaining why PS5 profit decreased.

And yes they said they where having profit with PS5 in a November 2023 warning like the first quote shows… decreased in profit means you have profit before and continue having profit now but lower.

Wrong I was never referring to that quote at all. I've given a list of quarterly statements from the Games and Network business.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Find me a single quote in any financial document where Sony has ever said the PS5 was profitable.

They are absolutely referring to the PS5 in these financial reports when they refer to hardware.

People want to obfuscate on this, but Sony has been perfectly clear on it, and it's embarrassing to see you continue to argue in the face of facts.

I already shared QA quotes lol

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
There is no quote that says they are not having profit with PS5 sales…
The opposite they said they are having it.

You're focusing on what was said by the translator rather than what is written on the actual slide and what they've said consistently for years...

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
And you talk about translation lol
What h your own link lol

God you're dense.

I'm showing you the very translation that you're using to say you're right superimposed with the very same slide that says they had increased losses due to hardware.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Ports cost a fraction of what it costs to develop a game. Most estimates have ports costing no more than a million or so dollars.

What has better ROI than PC game ports? I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts on that.

These are poorly thought out arguments.
Yours are, yes.

Mid-sized titles like UC Lost Legacy, Miles Morales and the upcoming Venom, for example will have better ROI. Helldivers is almost a guarantee (i.e. multiplatform GaaS, which is not the same as porting a SP title over).

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
God you're dense.

I'm showing you the very translation that you're using to say you're right superimposed with the very same slide that says they had increased losses due to hardware.
You are showing exactly what I’m explaining to you…

BTW I gone ahead and researched the last quarter results (Q3 FY2023) which I thought they didn’t say anything about PS5 hardware profit.

But I was wrong…

In the last earnings they said the PS5 hardware profit is lower than PS4 hardware profit.

They compared profit vs profit… because there is no lose like you are trying to say.