Forbes - Xbox Quietly ‘Won’ The Game Awards With PlayStation Coming Up Short

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
Its 2025. Hellblade s finnaly released with 69 metacritic.
Phil apologise and remind every1 that Indiana jones s coming and blade in 2027. Promises great things.

Peterovo, clint and mldMoron re posting roadmaps on twiter claiming xbox has too manny games and how xbox s amazing. Forza 10, gears 8, halo 11 re coming. Es6 s coming in 2028. Fallout 5 in 2031. Such a blockbusters no1 cares about like minecraft space, sea of thieves, age of empires, flight simulator....grounded 2, outer worlds 3, state of decay 3.

Perfect dark s finally in 2026 released with 62 metacritic.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
It’s crazy how people always make this just a PlayStation vs Xbox battle, yet. Nintendo gets to sit in a corner and get free passes. Out of the big 3, Nintendo had the worst night, by a mile. Not one single announcement. What that clown TassI doesn’t understand, is that unlike MS, Sony has many different events through out the year. They weren’t going to show too much when they have SOPs and a showcase in the spring. Also MS was desperate for attention because everyone was clowning them for Starfield their “Game of The Generation“ not getting a GOTY nominee. Hellblade that still doesn’t have a release date, and Blade that just entered development, didn’t need to be there.
Nintendo coasts off it's old very successful IPs it won't last forever though they need to catch up with the 21st century because the new snowflake generations wont be fueled by nostalgia

• haha
  • brain
Reactions: Diah and Vertigo
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Phil apologise and remind every1 that Indiana jones s coming and blade in 2027. Promises great things.

Peterovo, clint and mldMoron re posting roadmaps on twiter claiming xbox has too manny games and how xbox s amazing. Forza 10, gears 8, halo 11 re coming. Es6 s coming in 2028. Fallout 5 in 2031. Such a blockbusters no1 cares about like minecraft space, sea of thieves, age of empires, flight simulator....grounded 2, outer worlds 3, state of decay 3.

I really liked the first one I can relate to it having mental health problems but yeah it is the definition of an interactive movie

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Xbox, the media darlings, wins by default just by showing up.

Remember the showcases last summer, everybody was shitting on Sony and praising Microsoft's big "comeback"? The Xbox consoles were down every month since then while Playstation exploded everywhere.

The media lives in their own universe where Xbox is always winning but customers are saying otherwise. They are not fooled.
They don't ever really win 🤣 they own the venue & they own a good portion of the media

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Xbox, the media darlings, wins by default just by showing up.

Remember the showcases last summer, everybody was shitting on Sony and praising Microsoft's big "comeback"? The Xbox consoles were down every month since then while Playstation exploded everywhere.

The media lives in their own universe where Xbox is always winning but customers are saying otherwise. They are not fooled.

I think the media lives in the universe where MS keeps paying to create positive buzz. Articles about console wars draw clicks, but there's far too many about Xbox having the advantage over competitors when they provably don't. I think it's reasonable to
conclude that there's incentives being given to write such articles. I agree that customers are saying otherwise. That is a provable point, for sure. And the fact that such efforts to cloud reality are still being made just shows we can continue to expect very little from Xbox and MS.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Nintendo coasts off it's old very successful IPs it won't last forever though they need to catch up with the 21st century because the new snowflake generations wont be fueled by nostalgia
I read thousands of posts just like this in the Wii U era. Guess what happened next.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Nah, I disagree. Nintendo games may not be for you. But Nintendo always innovates with their IPs. When you can keep your IPs relevant for almost 40 years, you’re doing something right. It’s not just nostalgia either because if it was that, Sonic and Halo would still be what they used be.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023

Hellblade is not scoring in the 60’s. Lol

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Subtle wins for Xbox, they are very low key.

This is like their flat line in the UK, they're very careful with their victories, they would not want to look arrogant like Sony is with their sales numbers and fancy games.

• haha
Reactions: Diah

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
ya'll are coping if you think hellblade will score lower than 80 unless it comes out absolutely busted. it's about 50/50 whether it gets in the 90s, depends on if they can improve the gameplay loop from the first one.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

That’s if Xbox as a console is even still alive 😂 which I highly doubt

Reactions: Kokoloko

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
ya'll are coping if you think hellblade will score lower than 80 unless it comes out absolutely busted. it's about 50/50 whether it gets in the 90s, depends on if they can improve the gameplay loop from the first one.
Yeah. People here are crazy if they think it will score in the 60’s. This could be 2024’s AW2…if they improve the gameplay from the first.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Why not wait til the metascore prediction thread in 2026.

• haha
Reactions: Kokoloko
26 Nov 2023

I’m curious about how this game is going to do. The first game was so well received because it’s an intimate journey with Senua and her struggles. There was combat and other gameplay elements but the story, specifically Senua’s character HEAVILY carries this game.

Then you get Hellblade 2 which looks much bigger and explosive with a whole bunch of flashy set pieces. It’s like going from an auteur indie movie to a Micheal Bay movie; so it loses that intimate connectedness with Senua, at least in theory. On top of that, the combat looks largely the same, so if they really are making a bigger flashier game, that combat sure as hell can’t support a game of that scope and size.

So yeah, I kind of agree that it probably wont go below 80, but I don’t think it has a 50/50 chance to land in the 90s either. Expanding Hellblade means going against a lot of what made the original beloved, so it kind of has an uphill battle.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I’m curious about how this game is going to do. The first game was so well received because it’s an intimate journey with Senua and her struggles. There was combat and other gameplay elements but the story, specifically Senua’s character HEAVILY carries this game.

Then you get Hellblade 2 which looks much bigger and explosive with a whole bunch of flashy set pieces. It’s like going from an auteur indie movie to a Micheal Bay movie; so it loses that intimate connectedness with Senua, at least in theory. On top of that, the combat looks largely the same, so if they really are making a bigger flashier game, that combat sure as hell can’t support a game of that scope and size.

So yeah, I kind of agree that it probably wont go below 80, but I don’t think it has a 50/50 chance to land in the 90s either. Expanding Hellblade means going against a lot of what made the original beloved, so it kind of has an uphill battle.
You forget that it's Microsoft 1st party now. They always get treated with kid gloves. Redfall deserved even lower scores than it got. So did Starfield, Forza Motorsport, and Halo Infinite.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
You forget that it's Microsoft 1st party now. They always get treated with kid gloves. Redfall deserved even lower scores than it got. So did Starfield, Forza Motorsport, and Halo Infinite.
And just like those games, it will sell like garbage.

Reactions: Diah