Four Xbox Games are going multiplatform (Pentiment, Sea of Thieves, Grounded, Hi-Fi Rush). Starfield and indiana Jones not coming to other platforms

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
8fz6ul.jpg
Just the tip

Nitro

Icon Extra
10 Apr 2023
North Pole
A lot of emotional Xbox fans this evening, still willing to take a bullet for MS.

"Nothingburger", "Games nobody cares about", "Only live service titles." Live service games like Hi-Fi Rush and Pentiment. Haha.

Even after Microsoft manipulated them into cheering on the ABK acquisition, they still suffer from Stockholm syndrome.

Rivet

25 Jun 2022
People who say it's only 4 games are missing the point. It's probably only the beginning, because if the goal was actually selling small games like Pentiment, it wouldn't move the needle at all financially so it wouldn't make sense.

What will definitely help them financially is selling AAA games like Starfield and Indiana Jones... It just makes too much sense for them when hardware sales are so low and gamepass subscriptions have stalled.

The problem is how the Xbox hardware survives on the long run inside that new strategy. It wasn't already selling that well worldwide and now they're competing with a console which will get basically every game (or most games) outside of Nintendo games, unlike their own platform. I'm pretty sure they know their new strategy will further hurt their hardware sales on the long run and probably ultimately kill their console, but it's clearly offset by the sales they could make on PS5 and Switch.

I just don't see how it ends up in anything else than going full multiplatform for MS. Then what's the selling point of Xbox hartdware ? Game Pass, but it has already stalled. Playing every MS game day 1, but is it enough to keep a meaningful hardware market share ? Probably not.

And if you go beyond that, that endgame doesn't make much sense strategically for MS. Unless I miss something, they don't care about being a standard 3rd party video game publisher, margins are too low and it doesn't really fit their Office 365 / Azure high margin core business. It would probably end up in a full blown sale.

All this looks like the start of an exit strategy to me. As an exit strategy, it makes much more sense because at least you recoup some of your losses and you boost the publishers sale price by going full multiplatform. I always said I thought Game Pass would fail and MS would exit gaming business. I still think that's where we're headed here.

Unless they actually think that strategy can convince people to move to the Xbox ecosystem and to Game Pass, which seems highly unlikely.

Last edited:

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
The amount of downplaying and coping from xbox shills on reddit is really a sight to behold

Go into any thread on the gaming subs and its all Xbox fanboy delusions and PR bullshit

No they arent stopping at 4 games, yes the rest will come. Only an fool would think otherwise

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
So Xbox Plans on still being here next gen..
Phil still Pretending gamepass is still going strong.

We just need another big title to come
Over after these 4 to open the floodgates completely.

Yeah not sure if i can buy these games, part of me wants to show if i buy they can go 3rd party and leave console industry.

But I dont want to support funds for gamepass and there next gen lol

and tbh I wouldnt be surprised if PS follows them and does the same. That quote sounds the same as what Sony heads said about releasing games on PC.

"Xbox will make 4 (unnamed) titles available for PS and/or Switch. Worried about the impact on Xbox hardware? Phil Spencer tells me boosting games sales can help fund future hardware, including new form factors:"

Change that to

PS will make 4 (unnamed) titles available for PC. Worried about the impact on PS hardware? Jim Ryan says boosting games sales can help fund future hardware, including new form factors....

PS is also dumb enough to copy because of profit numbers. And certain PS fanboys will defend it because it helps revnue for AAA games etc lol

Reactions: Eggman

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Title is wrong, he just said stanfield and indie are not part of the 4 that are definitely coming over, not that they will never come.

The concept of a "exbox console exclusive" no longer exists.

Also, those 4 games are probably better than whatever stanfield is.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
dont even address anything

by turning this in this whole circus they've literally done more damage then harm

no one understands what this company is even doing anymore
There shills will say nothing else is coming.

Basically we just have to wait till one more title is coming.

And especially something like Starfield, Hellblade 2, Indiana Jones or Blade. Then it will be truly a breaking point for them.

I just want Halo Collection