Four Xbox Games are going multiplatform (Pentiment, Sea of Thieves, Grounded, Hi-Fi Rush). Starfield and indiana Jones not coming to other platforms

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

Yes. You can bet more is coming

This just feels like things haven't moved from the whole case-by-case basis nonsense from the last like 2 years.
What a business update this was... lmao

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
They said "of the 4 games coming to other platforms, Starfield and Indiana Jones are not part if that"

They said nothing, basically. They could come at any time.
Yeah they immediately said it's not ruled out lol.

They know they have way more planned than what they are saying today. Today was all about damage control in the most obtuse way possible.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I wouldn't be too sure about that, from the verge right now.
ChT9gDB.jpg

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Spencer confirms that Starfield and Indiana Jones are not part of the first four games, but he doesn't rule out the possibility for these titles to arrive on PS5 in the future. "I don't think we should as an industry ever rule out a game going to any other platform," says Spencer in an interview with The Verge.

They will all come to PlayStation

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Yeah they immediately said it's not ruled out lol.

They know they have way more planned than what they are saying today. Today was all about damage control in the most obtuse way possible.

Wasn't there a line in the podcast about all these games are over a year old? When talking about the 4 games. Seems like a vague hint of some kind.
Starfield is coming, it's just the game came last September. It'll come sometime after September 2024.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I think it depends on sales.
If sales are good, then, yeah, they’ll all release on ps5.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So after posting some records more with the Q3, Jim Ryan earned another war medal before retirement.

fuertes.gif

Phil " just 4 games released to PlayStation, no promises on future games."

What Phil really means is, we are testing the waters with a couple of titles as we are shit scared of the backlash if we announce more at the moment

Best rest assured we will put a lot more on other systems once the pushback has died down.

Pretty likely, their real plans is to port a ton more and later to release even the non-Minecraft MGS titles in rival consoles day one too.

But they announced instead a few small "over a year old" games and say they are the only ones but no promises on future games.

Why not announcing everything and being transparent saying that even Halo will end on PS? To reduce backslash from fanboys to get them used to it. Once they accept these other games, they'll announce some more, etc. One people is used to it then they'll release all their games day one everywhere.

I think it depends on sales.
If sales are good, then, yeah, they’ll all release on ps5.
PS sold more consoles in 2023 than Xbox in the whole generation.

They will sell way more in PS than the few copies they sold in Xbox, where most people if played them pretty likely was on GP, sending almost no money to the devs. Out of these 4, I think Sea of Thieves is the only that may have been financially successful, and the other 3 are major flops.

The goal of these games isn't to sell a lot of units on PS: it's to lubricate the anus of their fanboys and prepare them for later because the horse will arrive later (and in the proccess try to turn these games into profitable products).

Wasn't there a line in the podcast about all these games are over a year old?
Yes. Indiana Jones and Starfield aren't still a year old. I assume their plan will be 1 year aprox. of timed console exclusivity for future games for when choosing what games do they release every year.

I think they'll release these 4 ones in the coming months, and then maybe in fall they'll announce a few more. I think that in the case of Starfield, Forza/Horizon, Halo or Indiana Jones they may have a longer range, like maybe a couple years.

I assume in the next batch, maybe to be announced around September/October could have 4 games more, stuff like maybe Age of Empires IV, Redfall, Microsoft Flight Simulator and State of Decay 2, but may put there Forza Horizon 5.

If not, then they'd put it as the star of the third one, around a year from now they'd put something like Starfield, Gears Tactics and both Ori games.

In the one after it, around fall next year would be something like Halo Infinite, Battletoads, Goldeneye 007, Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition.

And in the first 2026 one Indiana Jones, Hellblade 2, Avowed and Killer Instinct: Anniversary Edition. And in fall 2026 Forza Motosport, Halo MCC, Gears 5 and something else I might forget.

Maybe the idea would be to put most of their main X/S and One 1st party catalog on PS5 before the release of the next gen (I assume November 2027), where they'd start publishing all their games day one on PS (and the ones who run in Switch 2, for Swith 2 too).

And then in the next gen instead of making MS the Xbox hardware to have multiple partners like MSI, Lenovo or Asus who would make different home or portable console shaped consoles that would run a Steam Big Picture mode like console adapted Windows UI (they'll call it something like Xbox mode).

Pentiment, Sea of Thieves, HiFi and.... Blade? or Grounded?
He said 'a couple smaller games' (niche games nobody bought) and 'a couple community driven games' (GaaS) that are "over around a year old".

I'd say Pentiment, HiFi Rush, Sea of Thieves and Grounded. Sounds like they'll keep porting games in batches, keeping at least around a year of timed console exclusivity. I assume that longer one (maybe 2 years) for big names like Halo, Forza, Indy and maybe Starfield too.

Seeing the interview in this MS website seems pretty much confirmed they are working on more ports, a PC handheld and a Big Picture Like (portable friendly) Windows UI mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Phil Spencer was literally saying what the xbots on era were saying about bringing people over to Xbox for the sequel. All of the talking points come directly from him. It's fucking scary.

I'm sure PS gamers are going to buy a Xbox for Grounded 2 🤭

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke
J

Joey Ravn

Listen... I might support some of these so they are encouraged to port more and go full 3rd party.

I think they'll have to either way. These games are gonna sell well enough, but the moment you have Disney breathing on your neck because Indiana Jones isn't making the same profit Spider-Man did for Sony... You have to go multiplat or eat a huge financial loss.