FTC appeals Judges decision regarding Injunction (Corley denies motion to stay))

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
The judge had zero reason to not recuse herself.

I assume the appeal process will have to require her give valid reason why she proceeding to rule over the biggest deal in the history of the company her son works for isn't a conflict of interest?

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I am tired of this shit. It’s never going to end. As long this bs is ongoing, Sony will keep a low profile. Curse you Microsoft for your never ending greed!

Reactions: Lord Mittens

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Guess the FTC might have a shot after all. Also heard they held back on other documents for the trail.

I wish them the best of luck but for goodness sake, get a couple of better lawyers next time. They've got all the info & data they need to win, but lawyers who can't put two & two together won't get the job done.
Tbh did they ever stand a chance with corley? The judge did everything she could to let ms merge before the deadline, and that includes rushing her decision with multiple questionable takes and reduce the TRO length.

It was joever before it began

But yeah hopefully they can see where they could have done better and improve on those areas for the appeal.

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
Guess the FTC might have a shot after all. Also heard they held back on other documents for the trail.
If they held anything back then by definition it can't be used in the appeal because the Judge didn't get to see it argued.

The appeal is to determine if the judge erred in applying and interpreting the law. There is a better than expected case here but I wouldn't hold my breath tbh.

Reactions: nongkris

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023

I wish them the best of luck but for goodness sake, get a couple of better lawyers next time. They've got all the info & data they need to win, but lawyers who can't put two & two together won't get the job done.
Their appeal has a very low chance at winning. FTC is just being annoying. Their finished. They also don't have a enough time for a hearing, if they even get one. Monday is the likely day the deal closes. Khan is going down with her ship. She loves to fight losing battles. Their shot at winning is lower then the PI trial lol

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Their appeal has a very low chance at winning. FTC is just being annoying. Their finished. They also don't have a enough time for a hearing, if they even get one. Monday is the likely day the deal closes. Khan is going down with her ship. She loves to fight losing battles. Their shot at winning is lower then the PI trial lol
This guy ^ is xbox astroturfer? What do u guys think?

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
This guy ^ is xbox astroturfer? What do u guys think?
lol no. Just because you're in favor of the deal doesn't make you a "astroturfer." Use your brain more. Also you're the same guy that said you want to nuke Xbox headquarters' and put a gun in phil spencer mouth lmao. You're a lunatic lol.

Reactions: Zzero

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
The fact they even responded this way is classless
No it isn't. They were routed in court with 3 extra days for the PI hearing. FTC always had a weak case, and getting a PI was very unlikely from the start. Their hasn't been a vertical merger in the US where it got a PI in 50 years, and their are hundreds of vertical mergers every year in the U.S, So the odds where extremely low. Now the FTC wants to take another useless shot at an appeal. FTC is incompetent under Khan. She needs to go.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
lol no. Just because you're in favor of the deal doesn't make you a "astroturfer." Use your brain more. Also you're the same guy that said you want to nuke Xbox headquarters' and put a gun in phil spencer mouth lmao. You're a lunatic lol.
I mean youre constantly siding with them based on your comments

Everyone can see that

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
No it isn't. They were routed in court with 3 extra days for the PI hearing. FTC always had a weak case, and getting a PI was very unlikely from the start. Their hasn't been a vertical merger in the US where it got a PI in 50 years, and their are hundreds of vertical mergers every year in the U.S, So the odds where extremely low. Now the FTC wants to take another useless shot at an appeal. FTC is incompetent under Khan. She needs to go.

So, in a country where lobbying is legal and MS is one of the biggest lobbyers (if that's even a word), and where the judge has an obvious conflict of interest and should have excluded themselves from the case, you talk about the FTC as if they fucked up, when they literally exposed loads of MS internal information about them wanting to outspend Sony out of the console business and the bucket list of acquisitions to do so.

They literally exposed an attempt at a monopoly and somehow they're to blame 😂

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
So, in a country where lobbying is legal and MS is one of the biggest lobbyers (if that's even a word), and where the judge has an obvious conflict of interest and should have excluded themselves from the case, you talk about the FTC as if they fucked up, when they literally exposed loads of MS internal information about them wanting to outspend Sony out of the console business and the bucket list of acquisitions to do so.

Its useless talking to him hes an xbox shill

Better get rid of him asap

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023

FTC didn't object to the judge. They were fine with it. So it didnt matter. Those "emails" mean nothing. They were a nothing burger the moment they were shown. FTC case has ALWAYS been weak.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
FTC didn't object to the judge. They were fine with it. So it didnt matter. Those "emails" mean nothing. They were a nothing burger the moment they were shown. FTC case has ALWAYS been weak.

And I understand that, but the case is not weak. Justice is weak. Same as it was in the EU.