FTC appeals Judges decision regarding Injunction (Corley denies motion to stay))

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
No it isn't. They were routed in court with 3 extra days for the PI hearing. FTC always had a weak case, and getting a PI was very unlikely from the start. Their hasn't been a vertical merger in the US where it got a PI in 50 years, and their are hundreds of vertical mergers every year in the U.S, So the odds where extremely low. Now the FTC wants to take another useless shot at an appeal. FTC is incompetent under Khan. She needs to go.
A company with class wouldn't bother with putting statements about any regulators to the public

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Ofc the next judge (s) is gonna be another old, out of touch person with millions in personal wealth and have stocks in
MS
Apple
Amazon
Google
Lockheed Martin
Ratheon
Boeing
Phizer
Disney
All mega corporation, you fucking name it😂

So good luck with that appeal.

This is why i tune out and play video games.
A bunch of greedy assholes carved up the world centuries ago and determined that enslaving folks to work until they die (sometimes for free, but thats outdated now) is the best way to govern and use humanity allowing the very few to get richer and stay rich no matter the cost.
These laws and judges are in place to keep up that centuries old plan.

Reactions: Arminius

Arminius

19 May 2023
Ofc the next judge (s) is gonna be another old, out of touch person with millions in personal wealth and have stocks in
MS
Apple
Amazon
Google
Lockheed Martin
Ratheon
Boeing
Phizer
Disney

A bunch of greedy assholes carved up the world centuries ago and determined that enslaving folks to work until they die (sometimes for free, but thats outdated now) is the best way to govern and use humanity allowing the very few to get richer and stay rich no matter the cost.
Exactly. None of these corporations, governments, political parties, politicians, celebrities, elites, etc. have our best interests in mind. They literally see regular people as useless consumers, so to speak.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
MS
Apple
Amazon
Google
Lockheed Martin
Ratheon
Boeing
Phizer
Disney

I mean who wouldn't? I got much better from where I am 3 years ago thanks to Exxon.

Insider trading need to prohibited from elected officials, justice and bereaucrats.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The problem is American retirement funds are tied to stock market performance. Working against the interests of trillion dollar corpos, to which a lot of those funds are allocated, is inherently an act against your own best interests. An MS monopoly is preferable from that perspective, especially if it comes at the expense of foreign or smaller businesses.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
MS
Apple
Amazon
Google
Lockheed Martin
Ratheon
Boeing
Phizer
Disney

You make a good point

The concept of stock ownership has broken so many systems in the US and other countries, really allowing the concentration of power to shift to companies.

Like how do you honestly have an objective decision maker who probably has his wealth tied up in some way to these big companies? It's a similar problem in Australia that nobody is fixing our housing market cause all the decision makers own investment properties

It's honestly strange, why does it feel like the US Government is the small fish in this fighting Microsoft?

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
You make a good point

The concept of stock ownership has broken so many systems in the US and other countries, really allowing the concentration of power to shift to companies.

Like how do you honestly have an objective decision maker who probably has his wealth tied up in some way to these big companies? It's a similar problem in Australia that nobody is fixing our housing market cause all the decision makers own investment properties

It's honestly strange, why does it feel like the US Government is the small fish in this fighting Microsoft?
They look small, because they are small when it comes to corps. The stage where corps runs your life is pretty much here, only thing missing are dark constant clouds.

Our children are gonna have a hard fucking life.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
nope. all the law experts said their case was weak. Hence why the PI was denied.
All the law experts are now saying the judge used the wrong standard, so even if the case was weak the appeal will likely go through. Luckily the CMA is still blocking the merger so it can't go through anyway. Sucks to be Microsoft. PS King, I know you said you aren't being paid by Microsoft but might be a good chance now to short them before next week you'll probably make enough off of them that way to repay all your due diligence online.

Reactions: anonpuffs

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
It's obvious the judge is in the tank for MS, she never would have granted a stay regardless of the merits. It'd be admitting her whole ruling was flawed.
Sons work for microsoft

Huge conflict of interest

Get rid of this corley judge asap

Reactions: Eggman

Arminius

19 May 2023
What I’m asking is if the FTC can appeal to another court? Can they bypass Corley?

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
Sons work for microsoft

Huge conflict of interest

Get rid of this corley judge asap

Still blows my mind that they allowed this to happen.

As if a mother would willingly harm their childs career and it would at least be in the back of her mind at all times impacting her decisions.

And imagine your mom made a decision that so heavily negatively impacted the company you work for and cost them billions of dollars and prevented their largest acquisition ever and one of the largest in history. How would that not be troubling for anyone?