FTC Orders Sony to Present All Third Party Agreements From 2019 - Today.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Phil lies a lot. Maybe he personally doesn't want to play the exclusivity game with CoD, but if that's Microsoft's overall strategy (and it is) in the gaming segment, that's what he's going to do.
That was kind of sarcastic, they did the same with Windows back in the 80s... In part to kill the buzz around the competition's products.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
MS can't make good exclusives because Sony strikes deals for content wit 3rd parties?
yeah i'm not seeing it. Games like final fantasy and silent hill wouldn't be hits on xbox anyways. Most entries in these franchises were never on XB to begin with.

there is no 'exclusion' clause... the exclusion clause is the money the devs/pubs would lose by making a version for a very unpopular console with no users.

if you want to see why MS wants Activision so badly, look at the top 10 xbox one games lifetime.

also funny that Sony has a top 10 game on XB1 and MS doesn't, haha.

Their first party is junk and hasn't done jack shyte for their console for a generation now, sadly. The Xbox brand lives and dies off Activision Blizzard games.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
play station fans having a meltdown 😆. Sony play with fire and now they are going be burn.
I don't want to be rude but, You know you sound like a 12 year old at times?
If all you want to do is be a troll, Move on.
No matter what happens, Sony as a company will be just fine. I don't care if it does go through or not.
Like i said Sony will be fine and Xbox could invest that 67 billion into there own studios and build them up.
They already own loads of studios and even more IP that they have yet to Fix / Improve or even Bring back
Make more full-time jobs for developers and get rid of the 6-12 month contracts.
Better Studio management.
If or when they do or don't get ABK you know for a fact there is going to be even more people getting let go so its not great for the developers.
There is so much they could do with the money but for some reason some people seem to think taking on even more then they can already handle is a good thing.
It might be a good thing for you or others right now but then give it a few years when all the costs start adding up for the company those costs will come right back to the customer, then it wont be so great.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I don't want to be rude but, You know you sound like a 12 year old at times?
this happens when there is an absolute one sided bias over here. very hard to have a conversation.

If all you want to do is be a troll, Move on.
no
No matter what happens, Sony as a company will be just fine.
i know. i have been saying this since the beginning.
I don't care if it does go through or not.
sure
Like i said Sony will be fine and Xbox could invest that 67 billion into there own studios and build them up.
They already own loads of studios and even more
IP that they have yet to Fix / Improve or even Bring back
Make more full-time jobs for developers and get rid of the 6-12 month contracts.
sure.

Better Studio management.
Xbox's track record says otherwise.
If or when they do or don't get ABK you know for a fact there is going to be even more people getting let go so its not great for the developers.
Layoffs
people leaving
culture clash
power vacum
turmoil
unionization

all is at play with this acquisition, and that is great. disruption and chaos are necessary.

it is very well-known and documented how much of a shitshow Activision-Blizzard work condition/practices are.

AAA development and publishing is fucked up. things need to change.

There is so much they could do with the money but for some reason some people seem to think taking on even more then they can already handle is a good thing.
disruption and chaos.

It might be a good thing for you or others right now but then give it a few years when all the costs start adding up for the company those costs will come right back to the customer, then it won't be so great.
some (the vast majority) of people fail to see the implications of this acquisition.

is not about MS/Xbox. is about the consequences of it.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
The biggest problem with Hoeg is that I think he panders to his audience a bit. Which are mostly people for the deal. It's crazy to see the amount of money his followers give in his live chat sessions.

He quite literally just made one that was again in favor of MS/Act.
after a couple of months. yezzz

and it wasn't in favor of MS/Act.

so annoying.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
yeah i'm not seeing it. Games like final fantasy and silent hill wouldn't be hits on xbox anyways. Most entries in these franchises were never on XB to begin with.

there is no 'exclusion' clause... the exclusion clause is the money the devs/pubs would lose by making a version for a very unpopular console with no users.

if you want to see why MS wants Activision so badly, look at the top 10 xbox one games lifetime.

also funny that Sony has a top 10 game on XB1 and MS doesn't, haha.

Their first party is junk and hasn't done jack shyte for their console for a generation now, sadly. The Xbox brand lives and dies off Activision Blizzard games.

How the hell dud that universally reviled Star Wars game sell so well on the One lol?

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Bloodborne 2 and Castlevania are the only gossip worth caring about from this MS "win". Knowledge of deals out there won't make Sony stop making these deals and they won't budge regulators either way.... minds have been clearly settled - we're not dealing with impulsive teens and deranged adults here. It's mostly politics now, PR stunts and shit flinging to see what each party can get away with as an exercise in displeasure. We should be glad it's not a shooting war these days... in earlier times it would be Gunboat diplomacy. Today, as long as you're part of the garden, it's mostly corruption (career advancement, favors), fear of burning bridges, legal loopholes among other subtleties. Not too long now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 417