FTC Orders Sony to Present All Third Party Agreements From 2019 - Today.

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
Oowee...

wS5yww0.png

FqLd1vFWYAIt2pr
That his opinion and as we know he is a bias sod

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
So microsoft are accusing Sony of been the equivalent of Starbucks and are pissed off that they, as a small, independent coffee shop, don't get the benefits of economies of scale, and should be able to negotiate rates with 3rd parties on the same level playing field as Sony because that increases competition?

Propping up a failing company for no other reason other than to let it keep failing is not what the free market is about.
Imagine a trillon dollar company doing that...

Reactions: Deleted member 417

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
I must want my games on PSPlus or Gamepass. Don't care which. Get this over with already.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Just expect MS to get Activision and you wont be as disappointed when it goes through.
MS will stay alive with this deal, they are desperate for it. No way they dont get what they want and they will play dirty.

Only way for Sony to counter it, is to buy some publishers and take games from Xbox. Same as they did with Bethesda and now with Activision.
And also put in a bunch of more money into their own studios and new studios to make games/genre’s they are missing. WRPG’s, Shooters etc

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
You want games but you don't want to pay for them? Just pirate them if that's how you feel.
Funny thing is Jaffe blocked and deleted my comment in one of his videos bringing this up. His contention was that he wanted games for free and didn't give a shit about supporting the devs, which is why he loved gamepass so much. So i asked him why he doesnt just steal the games since he doesn't give a shit, after all he's already stealing their content for his streams and shit. Wasn't happy about that one.

D

Deleted member 417

Funny thing is Jaffe blocked and deleted my comment in one of his videos bringing this up. His contention was that he wanted games for free and didn't give a shit about supporting the devs, which is why he loved gamepass so much. So i asked him why he doesnt just steal the games since he doesn't give a shit, after all he's already stealing their content for his streams and shit. Wasn't happy about that one.
I don't blame people for wanting free and cheap shit. Lord knows I do and it is half the reason I have Gamepass. But it cannot support the AAA industry. I've said before it should be a dev and indie nurturing platform. They would make a packet from the gamepass subs

24 Jun 2022
People really twist things lol
Let's explain what happened.

- MS requested several itens to Judge allow them to reveal data from Sony business (that included even personal employee bonuses)
- Sony replied saying the request was harassment and asked to deny all MS requests.
- The Judge GRANTED most of Sony requests (DENIED MS requests) and DENIED some few requests.

I don't know the number but let's work with some guessed numbers.

MS asked 10 requests.
Sony asked to deny all these 10 requests.
Judge allowed Sony to deny 6 requests and MS to access 4 requests.

That is what happened here.
Sony did no lose like these headline says... basically Judge decision was what Sony wanted.
MS that wanted to have access to everything will basically have access to very few docs.

The news as accurate should be "Judge denied MS access to Sony data in 6 out of 10 requests"... that is what is about... Sony is a external part of the case... MS asked Sony to provide docs as a external part... MS / AB deal is being judged here not Sony.

That blogger is a known MS-biased lawyer. He worked with them for 20+ years and also worked with Blizzard for a period of time as well IIRC. He is effectively no different from Hoeg's Law, except AFAIK Hoeg has no active stakes or work history with Microsoft or ABK. But he may know/be friends with people who do.

I find it rather alarming how MS have so many legal people basically acting as influencers for them and ABK to try swaying public discourse and control the narrative in online discussion over this deal. If there's one thing these proceedings have truly made me come to hate about them, it's tactics like these. They feel slimy, dirty, dishonest, manipulative, and deceitful. It's not much different from the business practices Microsoft did in the '80s and '90s, except now it's been transferred to the public theater to play out like some demented reality show.

Just very crass and distasteful antics more or less.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
FqKf5dvWYAAxtNN

Most of Sony's requests were denied, the biggest 'win' they got out of this is that instead of showing all agreements from 2012, they have to show them from 2019.

Still, that's gonna be some valuable juicy information as to how much Sony pays for third party exclusives and their clauses preventing third parties from putting games on game pass or other sub services.

Oh, you mean like Resident Evil VIII contract? Yeah, really juicy stuff. :/

Mind you that won't do shit for regulators.

Btw. same as MS is blocking the games to appear on PS+? You don't know about leaked contract last year or year before

• brain
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
better yet, i want to see the MLB The Show contract MS signed with the MLB behind Sony's back, you know the one for exclusive rights to add a game sony themselves develop to gamepass for multiple years.

People ask why MLB isn't in PS+, and the most likely answer is MS and MLB probably have a contract blocking Sony from doing it.

On their own game. That they built up and developed for the past 2 decades...

How on Earth is THAT legal?

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
better yet, i want to see the MLB The Show contract MS signed with the MLB behind Sony's back, you know the one for exclusive rights to add a game sony themselves develop to gamepass for multiple years.

People ask why MLB isn't in PS+, and the most likely answer is MS and MLB probably have a contract blocking Sony from doing it.

On their own game. That they built up and developed for the past 2 decades...

How on Earth is THAT legal?
How come you don't see any PS influencers (if they exist) raging about this? Where are the lawsuits and articles demanding to see the price MS is paying on those contracts.

Hoeg Law?? Foss?? Idas???

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
How come you don't see any PS influencers (if they exist) raging about this? Where are the lawsuits and articles demanding to see the price MS is paying on those contracts.

Hoeg Law?? Foss?? Idas???
Maybe ColtEastwood can get on it, he said he has 400 hours in MLB 2022 and it was GOTY last year. :LOL:

• Surprised
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
That blogger is a known MS-biased lawyer. He worked with them for 20+ years and also worked with Blizzard for a period of time as well IIRC. He is effectively no different from Hoeg's Law, except AFAIK Hoeg has no active stakes or work history with Microsoft or ABK. But he may know/be friends with people who do.

I find it rather alarming how MS have so many legal people basically acting as influencers for them and ABK to try swaying public discourse and control the narrative in online discussion over this deal. If there's one thing these proceedings have truly made me come to hate about them, it's tactics like these. They feel slimy, dirty, dishonest, manipulative, and deceitful. It's not much different from the business practices Microsoft did in the '80s and '90s, except now it's been transferred to the public theater to play out like some demented reality show.

Just very crass and distasteful antics more or less.
Hoeg has a relative that works at abk. His brother? I think