Fully playable Wolverine PC build circulating 😬😥😥 PhD plus DMCA notices to ppl who downloaded.

D

Deleted member 223

Not every situation calls for the need to play devils advocate, trash people with a large platform should be called out for trash behavior. Even low level scum know there are lines you don't cross, he chose to cross it and is receiving deserved backlash
Nothing is going to change, nor with the "deserved backlash" or whatever it's that you call a few twitter users getting on Warren's balls. Not the first time either a MS shill makes a petty snipe comment as a reaction to a perceived PlayStation negative.... then proceed to delete them etc. Rinse and repeat, again, and again and again. Tomorrow or next week they'll have another on some other topic if they have to - it's constant - it's a form of competition. Those involved in serving the backlash are few and live in a bubble. Not even big enough to threaten a "cancel" campaign - although some would wish.

This industry has been known for petty sniping, and I would argue it was more lively and competitive when it was that way:

It hurts because it sticks.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Nothing is going to change, nor with the "deserved backlash" or whatever it's. Not the first time MS shills make comments, delete them etc. Tomorrow or next week they'll have another. Those involved in serving the backlash are few and live in a bubble. Not even big enough to threaten a "cancel" campaign.

This industry has been known for petty sniping, and I would argue it was more lively and competitive when it was that way:

A company ridiculing the stupid conscious business decision of another company is not the "petty sniping" that joking about a massive hack is 🤦‍♂️ It actually wasn't petty at all since they were attacking an anti consumer feature.

And you're wrong about nothing changing, even the Xbox concubines that hang on his every word are disappointed in him. It reflects poorly on him which ruins his credibility, which is great since he's one of the biggest spreaders of FUD.

Again, not every situation calls for you to play devils advocate. You're arguing just for the sake of arguing, and on Tom Warren's behalf at that. This back and forth is pointless.

D

Deleted member 223

You're assuming Tom Warren had any credibility - with whom? Not with the PlayStation hardcore - as if he cares about the PlayStation hardcore - except to just know when to pinch their balls. And it definitely won't ruin Warren's rep with MS's marketing dogs nor with the Xbox and PC base. Nor with his employer for that matter. This ain't the first time, nor the second time, nor the third time.... it's one of the "several times'. Why you're fixated on this one as if this is the "one" that somehow will break the camels back... please. Cmon now.

Petty snipe, retract or delete. Rinse and repeat.

That video is a petty snipe. You can't sugar coat it. The proper way to explain your policy position was done by Jack Treton on the E3 floor, in a professional manner, with a Powerpoint slide on the back.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
You're assuming Tom Warren had any credibility - with whom? Not with the PlayStation hardcore - as if he cares about the PlayStation hardcore - except to just know when to pinch their balls. And it definitely won't ruin Warren's rep with MS's marketing dogs nor with the Xbox and PC base. Nor with his employer for that matter. This ain't the first time, nor the second time, nor the third time.... it's one of the "several times'. Why you're fixated on this one as if this is the "one" that somehow will break the camels back... please. Cmon now.

Petty snipe, retract or delete. Rinse and repeat.

That video is a petty snipe. You can't sugar coat it. The proper way to explain your policy position was done by Jack Treton on the E3 floor, in a professional manner, with a Powerpoint slide on the back.
Like I said, this back and forth is pointless, you're just being stubborn at this point. And also how do you edit your comment so many times without it saying that it's edited??

D

Deleted member 223

Like I said, this back and forth is pointless, you're just being stubborn at this point. And also how do you edit your comment so many times without it saying that it's edited??
I type as if I were talking, expand and polish as thoughts come in. Standard for all of my posts. If you're the last post in a thread, it doesn't get the edited tag until someone else makes a post, or after a set amount of time.

We can respectfully disagree on that btw. Ain't nothing to it. That is just how I view it. I understand your point, I just think its a thin veneer of civility that is not practical and real. There is always going to be a Tom Warren type. It's a permanent fixture of existence.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: JAHGamer

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
It was confirmed a long time ago to be the same universe, and what's wrong with Wolverine being agile? You know he's always been an agile character right? They've got comic book Wolverine down to a tee
One of the things about this leak. Is that it’s exposing the fact that, most of these people have never read a Wolverine comic in their life and it shows. Lol People complaining that Wolverine is using detective gameplay. That’s what he does in the comics. Lol

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I saw a few gameplay snippets and I agree with you, they got Wolverine right. Fox's Wolverine is like a super tall dude that's a little slower and fights like a tank. Meanwhile comic wolverine is super short, agile, and much more targeted. Everything seemed perfect.
I don’t think most of the people that are complaining about the gameplay, have ever read a Wolverine comic. Most people are only familiar with him through the Fox movies.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
We can respectfully disagree on that btw. Ain't nothing to it. That is just how I view it. I understand your point, I just think its a thin veneer of civility that is not practical and real. There is always going to be a Tom Warren type.
Yes, we can disagree respectfully. My main qualm is that you're acting like Tom is "just a fanboy", yes he's a massive fanboy but whether we like it or not, he's a professional journalist with a large platform and should be held to that standard. Even Tom himself understands there are lines you don't cross. He's not Colt or Timdog, he knows it's unprofessional and scummy and did it anyway.

He "encouraged" people not to share leaks and then did exactly that, while also mocking the situation. You can say that's to be expected but I disagree, even with his constant negative spin on PS news, he usually keeps it professional. But we can agree to disagree and move on.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
One of the things about this leak. Is that it’s exposing the fact that, most of these people have never read a Wolverine comic in their life and it shows. Lol People complaining that Wolverine is using detective gameplay. That’s what he does in the comics. Lol

The same morons are now all experts on Wolverine.

They know more than Insomniac and Marvel who created the character.

Marvel provides input to these games like they did with Spiderman.

Character design, Lore, Story etc. everything comes from Marvel.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
The game is in pre-alpha today, and this build is old.

Covid ended in 2021. I'd give it to HFW IF the other games (except ragnarok) were not buggy. They are. This is not a coincidence and started with PC ports.
They’re using Liam McIntyre‘s face. He’s the voice actor. He has a clean cut pretty boy look.

D

Deleted member 223

You're projecting too much importance to his professional title and the standard he should hold himself to. He holds himself to whatever standard comes to his mind at the moment of hitting send on a twitter post. He knew exactly what he was doing, and operated exactly as he did before in several other occasions.

You can't hold him to whatever standard you think applies to that instance because you can't shut him up, nor cancel him. And when I say you, it's allegory to all the folks getting on his balls, which is always a rent-free share he carries around.

I got degrees too, and had jobs that required it.... don't matter. He's putting out his opinion, with an intent to cause controversy and reaction from a particular reader-base. He got it, and before it turned hot, clapped it. He'll do it again, and again. Clearly showing mastery of it. Hit and run tactic.

I think I've said enough on this topic. We do disagree on how we approach to viewing this. Tweet was a factual read. Now the counter is that even if the tweet is a factual read, some readers may misconstrue the meaning of it to something else, and since Warren has a rap sheet that "something else" is exactly what he meant. Even in that area of operation, it's an opinionated projection, and Tom, as a "professional courtesy" and "due to standards of the profession", deleted it. Case closed. To talk about standards in journalism today... in a post-truth society.... ehhhh. This is nothing.

I think as a general rule for forumners here, it would be wise and this is just a suggestion, to stop going to Tom Warren and folks of the like to see what is on their mind, much less when Sony shits the bed. You will not like what you see. So if you continue to go there knowingly knowing what you're going to get well..... it's not necessarily the Tom Warren types that are the issue here. At least be sober about your expectations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
That's like the most obvious answer ever. Of course Sony developers refactored their game engines to support the PC. That's the reason they get released on the PC (the delay is solely for maximum sales for the Sony version first). What idiot thought the port starts to get worked on right after releasing it on the PS5?
I did? Why start working on it before the Ps5 version when it wont come out until years after the Ps5 version? I thought the whole point of delayed releases is so that they dont interfere with making the console versions. Its stupid of them to do both at the same time. No wonder Ps games this gen have been less polished than last gen.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
You're projecting too much importance to his professional title and the standard he should hold himself to. He holds himself to whatever standard comes to his mind at the moment of hitting send on a twitter post. He knew exactly what he was doing, and operated exactly as he did before in several other occasions.

You can't hold him to whatever standard you think applies to that instance because you can't shut him up, nor cancel him. And when I say you, it's allegory to all the folks getting on his balls, which is always a rent-free share he carries around.

I got degrees too, and had jobs that required it.... don't matter. He's putting out his opinion, with an intent to cause controversy and reaction from a particular readerbase. He got it, and before it turned hot, clapped it. He'll do it again, and again. Clearly showing mastery of it.

I think I've said enough on this topic. We do disagree on how we approach to viewing this. I'm not endorsing it, just saying it's what it's, and knowing that, I wouldn't have it any other way. You need those types of folks who will break civility and "codes of behavior" to get the elephant in the room out on the streets.

The tweet was a factual read.
I'm not projecting anything, it's the simple reality, you're the one ignoring for who knows what reason. But yeah we've derailed from the thread too much so let's just end it here

Reactions: Deleted member 223

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
They’re using Liam McIntyre‘s face. He’s the voice actor. He has a clean cut pretty boy look.
And you think the pre-alpha face is the one from the final game? Damn, talk about not understanding development. Even if this is a face scan, you wouldn't be adding a final treatment, not even close.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Not every situation calls for the need to play devils advocate, trash people with a large platform should be called out for trash behavior. Even low level scum know there are lines you don't cross, he chose to cross it and is receiving deserved backlash
But EVERY situation calls for Nitwit Knight to blither on like he’s our intellectual superior while huffing his own farts. Didn’t you know?

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: The Icon

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
That's like the most obvious answer ever. Of course Sony developers refactored their game engines to support the PC. That's the reason they get released on the PC (the delay is solely for maximum sales for the Sony version first). What idiot thought the port starts to get worked on right after releasing it on the PS5?
Many Sony fans in denial spent years saying the ports were handled entirely by different teams and would not take any resource away from the PS version . To me it was always a given that they would be developed alongside each other once the choice was made that all Sony games will also release on PC.

Ports of PS4 games that were made at a time when Sony did not release their games on PC are very different from what happened with games that started development already knowing they would release on PC.

I did? Why start working on it before the Ps5 version when it wont come out until years after the Ps5 version? I thought the whole point of delayed releases is so that they dont interfere with making the console versions. Its stupid of them to do both at the same time. No wonder Ps games this gen have been less polished than last gen.
The point of not releasing alongside the PS5 is to preserve what little is left of the sense that PlayStation is a priority to them. Unless there is a big change of direction release windows will keep getting shorter until PC starts getting the games at the same time as PS, just like what happened to Xbox.

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Good to see Insomniac handling their own port from early in development. Bodes well for the final release.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Is this the entire game or some of it?

Fuck these thieves and fuck PC.

Too bad for Sony. Should of never started putting your games on PC in the first place.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
And you think the pre-alpha face is the one from the final game? Damn, talk about not understanding development. Even if this is a face scan, you wouldn't be adding a final treatment, not even close.
It will be similar.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Is this the entire game or some of it?

Fuck these thieves and fuck PC.

Too bad for Sony. Should of never started putting your games on PC in the first place.
I have no clue, I'm seeing conflicting reports, some people are saying its 6-8 hours of gameplay, others are saying its just a few demo missions. It's still pretty fresh so we'll find out later. Either way it's a terrible situation that could've been avoided