Game Developer Midnight Society is terminating their relationship with co-founder Guy Beahm aka Dr Disrespect

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

DrD1.png

“On Friday evening we became aware of an allegation against one of our co-founder’s Guy Beahm aka Dr Disrespect. We assumed his innocence and began speaking with parties involved. And in order to maintain our principles and standards as a studio and individuals, we needed to act.

For this reason, we are terminating our relationship with Guy Beahm immediately. While these facts are difficult to hear and even more difficult to accept, it is our duty to act with dignity on behalf of all individuals involved, especially the fifty-five developers and families we have employed along with our community of players.”​

Last edited:
  • thisistheway
Reactions: 2spooky5me

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
True or Not this shit is wild and since the (twitch) ban has always felt shady, Nobody was aloud to talk about it and everyone that could just refused to talk about it.
People on both sides mostly on twitter that i have seen defending or saying it must be true are also wild as no one but the involved parties know.
At the end of the day people need to stop getting so attached to people online and putting them on a pedestal.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw and JAHGamer

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
At some point we're going to learn that every dude online is a groomer lol.

I hope the rumor about his behavior isn't true. A lot of young kids look up to Dr. Disrespect. Ugh. I can't believe we're in a timeline where kids look up to internet personalities who are just known for playing videogames and saying edgy shit.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
This just shows that people can throw you under the bus becouse of some guys tweet.
Idk what's the truth here, and all I know about the guy is that he's tall, worked on call of duty and that people liked him, but AFAIK there are no receipts, no proof of this actually being real. He is probably on a legal warfare rn, and I wonder where It will end lol

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I find this whole reaction by this dr guy very strange.

I mean if he is innocent, why on earth would he sign an Nda with Twitch to keep quiet about it.

I mean, if you are accused of being a predator, I would think you would come out swinging to defend yourself. His reaction really seems very muted to me.

+ If he did nothing wrong, how the hell would Twitch have power over him in any capacity, They hold no swayin this argument and if i was him i want want them to apologise with a public statement, to sign an NDA not to talk about it feels really strange as Surely, he would be holding all the cards.

I don't know about you guys, but if I were accused of being a paedophile, I would make sure those people pay for the slander.

This guy is already super rich. Would you give up your reputation for some cash when, according to sites, he already has 10 million in the bank?

Something here does not feel right to me; my spider sense is going wild.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
I find this whole reaction by this dr guy very strange.

I mean if he is innocent, why on earth would he sign an Nda with Twitch to keep quiet about it.

I mean, if you are accused of being a predator, I would think you would come out swinging to defend yourself. His reaction really seems very muted to me.

+ If he did nothing wrong, how the hell would Twitch have power over him in any capacity, They hold no swayin this argument and if i was him i want want them to apologise with a public statement, to sign an NDA not to talk about it feels really strange as Surely, he would be holding all the cards.

I don't know about you guys, but if I were accused of being a paedophile, I would make sure those people pay for the slander.

This guy is already super rich. Would you give up your reputation for some cash when, according to sites, he already has 10 million in the bank?

Something here does not feel right to me; my spider sense is going wild.
whatever he did wasn't illegal. If it was, his streaming career would of been over 4 years ago. Morally wrong sure. But its weird his gaming company didn't look into it until now. He founded the company like 2 years after the twitch ban. Very odd from midnight society .

9 May 2024
As far as the U.S law is concern sexting is not illegal, as long as no explicit picture was sent. That is the reason E.D.P is not in jail.
You need prove like explicit picture were sent or prove of intent like bringing alcohol, condom, and etc.

As far as the court of law is concern D.D did nothing wrong. As for the court of public opinion that is a different matter.

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
We have two former Twitch employees both on record saying he did it now.

Doc wouldn't flatout deny that he did it in reply to Jake Lucky's tweet, he just recapped his lawsuit settlement where neither side admitted wrongdoing, which is not a denial. Midnight Society, the game dev he put together himself, terminated him even though he is the only reason it exists at all and it is likely to go under without him after looking into it.

If you need further proof, no amount of proof will be good enough for you.

This isn't a question of legality, because no one is saying he ended up meeting up with this minor and doing anything. But sliding into a minor's DMs/whispers in this context is a terrible look. I was done with him (and pulled my subscription) after he defended Nickmercs' whole "keep the kids out of it" transphobic rant. I should've been done earlier. Of course Nickmercs wants to protect kids from the evil LGBTQ+ while carrying water for a friend who was reportedly sexting a minor. It's classic.
This just shows that people can throw you under the bus becouse of some guys tweet.
Idk what's the truth here, and all I know about the guy is that he's tall, worked on call of duty and that people liked him, but AFAIK there are no receipts, no proof of this actually being real. He is probably on a legal warfare rn, and I wonder where It will end lol
Two former Twitch employees in a position to know have spoken out. He didn't deny it even while addressing the accusation. This is not some random on Twitter making the accusation.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Oh man that's a bad look

Guys really think they can do anything once they get a little fame or money

Tbf though maybe he didn't know the age

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
We have two former Twitch employees both on record saying he did it now.

Doc wouldn't flatout deny that he did it in reply to Jake Lucky's tweet, he just recapped his lawsuit settlement where neither side admitted wrongdoing, which is not a denial. Midnight Society, the game dev he put together himself, terminated him even though he is the only reason it exists at all and it is likely to go under without him after looking into it.

If you need further proof, no amount of proof will be good enough for you.

This isn't a question of legality, because no one is saying he ended up meeting up with this minor and doing anything. But sliding into a minor's DMs/whispers in this context is a terrible look. I was done with him (and pulled my subscription) after he defended Nickmercs' whole "keep the kids out of it" transphobic rant. I should've been done earlier. Of course Nickmercs wants to protect kids from the evil LGBTQ+ while carrying water for a friend who was reportedly sexting a minor. It's classic.

Two former Twitch employees in a position to know have spoken out. He didn't deny it even while addressing the accusation. This is not some random on Twitter making the accusation.
His attitude in this manner seems to go against his persona, "The Giga chad bullshit."

"I am calling it a Day or going away for a holiday," what a strange way to react to these accusations.

Why on earth would you sound so defeatist in something that you have apparently done nothing wrong in?

Like you said.

This isn't a question of legality, because no one is saying he ended up meeting up with this minor and doing anything. But sliding into a minor's DMs/whispers in this context is a terrible look.

At the end of the day, maybe he should just release the text he sent. If he did nothing wrong, surely that would clear it up completely.

• they're_right_you_know

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
At the end of the day, maybe he should just release the text he sent. If he did nothing wrong, surely that would clear it up completely.
No need. The two-timer owned up to it

As for always being upfront? LMAO, he seems to be trying to make us un-remember how he tried to weasel his way out when Cody Connors's initial tweet about this came out.

Last edited:
  • Informative

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
No need. The two-timer owned up to it

So he owned this, lol, yer right.

Still wondering, did he message a minor, knowing the girl was underage?

And this quote is taking cake.

These were casual, mutual conversations that sometimes leaned too much in the direction of being inappropriate, but nothing more.

Inappropriate messages with a minor, which must have been sexual in nature?, No way to spin this, its fucking terrible.

If it's nothing, release the texts....

• they're_right_you_know

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Most probably what happened was a clout chasing teenager lied about her age and had DM's with him, The amount of lies a teenage girl spews is mind boggling. I would triple check what every girl between 12-24 says nowadays. And remember guys Trust but always Verify, saved me a lot of trouble especially with women.

• haha
Reactions: Infinity