Game Pass Reportedly Has Over 15M Players On PC | 10M on XBOX Consoles

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
According to the LinkedIn profile of Group Product Manager for Xbox Content & Audience Strategy at Microsoft, Mark Skwarski, Xbox Game Pass has over 15 million players on Windows, suggesting that there may be more subscribers playing on PC than on the Xbox consoles.
xbox-game-pass.png

If these Consoles numbers are correct, it is worse than I expected

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Depends on how realistic your expectations are.
I mean was it unrealistic to expect Xbox having the lions share of subs?

makes sense why they are desperately exploring new avenues like TV streaming

D

Deleted member 417

10 million on consoles compared to 46 million psn subscribers.

Best deal in gaming that no-one wants and those that do have it don't download the games that are free.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
No wonder people spend time talking about the service, nobody is using it. I mean they are using it as a console war ammo and as an excuse for MS do be buying publishers.
It would be a profound failure to be at 10 million on console, I think there must be double-counting going on where xbox players who also log in to gamepass on pc are counted twice.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
It would be a profound failure to be at 10 million on console, I think there must be double-counting going on where xbox players who also log in to gamepass on pc are counted twice.
Yeah it could be. People never talk about this but PC gamepass is way different than console gamepass ( in terms of titles available ) so yeah I assume those console numbers are higher also because of that lack of parity in the service.
Not even with the 1$ trick that had been used for ages did those numbers seem to rise. That is why the "Netflix of gaming" will never be Netflix.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
So only 15 million gamepass subs. Pc gamepass are double dipping on windows store. 10 million console. 5 million on pc. The 15 on pc is the double dip since the sub is compatible across both. I say this because we already know the semantics games Xbox plays. Remember when they stated they had 120 million active Xbox users? You do realize all MS’ numbers are bogus right? It’s always, absolutely always a lie that only autismapple and other xbots fall for.

Windows games store is a complete joke. You will understand 15 million on windows is not possible once you look at those charts. It’s all smartphone garbage with the only real game in top 10 (or top 50 for that matter) being Destiny 2.

Pretty terrible. Makes sense . Every gamepass release since High in Life is doing worse than the last.

Honestly. They’re in big trouble. Gamepass is going to ruin them. The writing is on the wall. I’m sorry, arguing otherwise is delusional. Gamepass is hurting them bad.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Some guys on Intallbase are already in denial because “Xbox is too low” lol
I mean for me Gamepass was around 30% of Xbox userbase so lower than 10 million but they believe 50% of your userbase having signed to Gamepass to be low?

Are they crazy?
They are even creating dumb theories to backup the “Xbox is too low” 😂😂😂

I have more doubts in 50% of Series owners having Gamepass than “Xbox being too low”.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’s not that Xbox is too low. Xbox is probably the real number of gamepass subs.

No one uses Windows Games Store to play games on pc. That itself is how you know 15 million pc is impossible. Even if it was all free.

For Destiny 2 to be the most active non-smartphone game on Windows store when that number is too small for api trackers to estimate compared to steam… I’m sorry. That means that there’s like less than one million active users on that entire store :ROFLMAO: