Game Pass Reportedly Has Over 15M Players On PC | 10M on XBOX Consoles

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Pathetic if true but hard to believe. If this is true MS leadership is out of their mind.

PC players were probably just abusing $1 trials as well, since they don't lose anything and don't care about achievements or having online storage.

I refuse to believe people are actually paying for Gamepass on PC given how shit their store is. It's probably 15m players that ever had Gamepass at one point.

Last edited:

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
shawty got low-low-low
My favorite song...

Tropic Thunder Dancing GIF

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Some guys on Intallbase are already in denial because “Xbox is too low” lol
I mean for me Gamepass was around 30% of Xbox userbase so lower than 10 million but they believe 50% of your userbase having signed to Gamepass to be low?

Are they crazy?
They are even creating dumb theories to backup the “Xbox is too low” 😂😂😂

I have more doubts in 50% of Series owners having Gamepass than “Xbox being too low”.
You can't have gamepass on xbox one/x?

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Higher numbers on PC seems hard to believe. Big player base, but many PC gamers hate MS and anything to do with it's storefront.

Then again there have been a ton of deals giving 33% off etc linked to peripherals bought at major retailers.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yes, there are have been a ton of free PC GP months deals everywhere. I got 3 months from Discord Nitro, and got also a few months more as perk for buying something else at Amazon sale. But I never paid for it, and I assume it should be the case of many PC users, who maybe also get free PC GP month from places like MS rewards.

I assume that mot of the subbers who aren't paying anything are in PC. But still I'd have bet that the proportion would have been bigger in Xbox's favor. PS has almost half of their MAU paying a game sub, and I expected a similar rate at Xbox. And in the Xbox case, since they had the $1 upgrade from Gold to GPU I'd have expected that most of them would have upgraded. They are dumb if they don't upgrade, that extra $1 gives you a lot of extra content.

Last edited:

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Yes, there are have been a ton of free PC GP months deals everywhere. I got 3 months from Discord Nitro, and got also a few months more as perk for buying something else at Amazon sale. But I never paid for it, and I assume it should be the case of many PC users, who maybe also get free PC GP month from places like MS rewards.

I assume that mot of the subbers who aren't paying anything are in PC. But still I'd have bet that the proportion would have been bigger in Xbox's favor. PS has almost half of their MAU paying a game sub, and I expected a similar rate at Xbox. And in the Xbox case, since they had the $1 upgrade from Gold to GPU I'd have expected that most of them would have upgraded. They are dumb if they don't upgrade, that extra $1 gives you a lot of extra content.
I got Free GP with the SSD i got for my PS5, Didn't use it but i got it free lol

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
If these Consoles numbers are correct, it is worse than I expected
Those re joke numbers for xbox. 10M? Holy s. Lower than expected.
That's why they hiding those numbers. 10M in 6 years. Dead platform.

It doesn't say that there are more game subs on PC than in console, and we can't know the number of GP subbers on Xbox with the numbers he provided.

He says that there is a total of 25M subs, and that >15M of them are on on PC. He didn't specify the number in console.

This doesn't mean that only 10M play on console, maybe all the 25M play on console because the console subbers may also have a PC and using the same MS account for both PC and console even if they (at least mainly) don't play on PC.

Also, maybe many of these 15M subbers never paid for GP and got free months from Discord Nitro, Amazon purchases, MS Rewards, etc. Or maybe are console players using the $1 trial or upgrade and got the GPU, giving them also access to PC GP.

Last edited:

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
It’s not that Xbox is too low. Xbox is probably the real number of gamepass subs.

No one uses Windows Games Store to play games on pc. That itself is how you know 15 million pc is impossible. Even if it was all free.

For Destiny 2 to be the most active non-smartphone game on Windows store when that number is too small for api trackers to estimate compared to steam… I’m sorry. That means that there’s like less than one million active users on that entire store :ROFLMAO:
It doesn't help that the xbox pc store is absolutely awful

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Higher numbers on PC seems hard to believe. Big player base, but many PC gamers hate MS and anything to do with it's storefront.

Then again there have been a ton of deals giving 33% off etc linked to peripherals bought at major retailers.
Not too hard when most Xbox fans are now playing on PC and not Xbox.
Here on forum you already see some Xbox fans that doesn't have Xbox anymore (should they be called Gamepass fans?) sadly some are banned too.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It doesn't say that there are more game subs on PC than in console, and we can't know if it is the case with the numbers he provided.

He says that there is a total of 25M subs, and that >15M of them are on on PC. He didn't specify the number in console.

This doesn't mean that only 10M play on console, maybe all the 25M play on console because the console subbers may also have a PC and using the same MS account for both PC and console even if they (at least mainly) don't play on PC.

Also, maybe many of these 15M subbers never paid for GP and got free months from Discord Nitro, Amazon purchases, MS Rewards, etc. Or maybe are console players using the $1 trial or upgrade and got the GPU, giving them also access to PC GP.
☝️

Ultimate seems that can be used in both Xbox and PC so there are intersections... PC Gamepass users that users Xbox Gamepass too.
I still believes in how MS word their earnings reports that PC Gamepass is really outshining Xbox Gamepass so it is not hard to have PC Gamepass > Xbox Gamepass.
Remember in the last year Xbox Gamepass was either stagned or decreased... while what hold the service was the grow on PC Gamepass.
I don't think that grop on PC Gamepass and decreased in Xbox Gamepass will change too soon... they are probably reaching a wall in Xbox due the small userbase.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I mean for me Gamepass was around 30% of Xbox userbase so lower than 10 million but they believe 50% of your userbase having signed to Gamepass to be low?

Are they crazy?
They are even creating dumb theories to backup the “Xbox is too low” 😂😂😂

I have more doubts in 50% of Series owners having Gamepass than “Xbox being too low”.
Can you share the link please? I want to see for myself lol. IF these number are true and up to date is it really that surprising? You think you can just depend on Jez corden, Colt eastwood, and general mld to be your main marketing guys and have any reach? I feel like the xbox division exists out of spite against sony at this point.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I mean was it unrealistic to expect Xbox having the lions share of subs?
Yes because we know Sony has twice the subs (in all platforms) and twice the consoles sold. And PS Plus isn't avaiable on mobile. So it would be hard to believe that MS would have more subs than Sony on console.

Slightly under half of PS active users have a game sub. I'd personally bet that MS has around the same proportion, and in their case most of them having GPU due to the $1 deals.

In many metrics PS has a 2:1 (or slightly above) distance with Xbox. So I assume that Xbox may have slightly under half active consoles than PS. If they have the same game sub attach rate it means somewhere between 20-25M subbers on Xbox. And I assume that most of them with GPU thanks to the deal.

This is perfectly compatible with let's say over half of them also having a Windows PC using the same account (and unless you disable it the Xbox app launches automatically on Windows, counting you as MAU), plus let's say a handful million PC players who don't have GP on Xbox but paid for GP PC or got it for free in some promotion (Amazon, Discord, MS Rewards, etc)

10 million on consoles compared to 46 million psn subscribers.
We don't know the amount of subs on Xbox.

We know that it's 25M of GP (PC+Xbox+mobile) vs 46M of PS+ (PC+PS).

And that 15 of these 25M have a PC. Maybe all these 15M play on Xbox and not in PC, or maybe play in both, or maybe only play on PC. We don't know it.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Can you share the link please? I want to see for myself lol. IF these number are true and up to date is it really that surprising? You think you can just depend on Jez corden, Colt eastwood, and general mld to be your main marketing guys and have any reach? I feel like the xbox division exists out of spite against sony at this point.
This is the thread:

Just to be clear I find it really funny but one point I agree... PC and Xbox Gamepass have intersections... so these 15m PC Gamepass can be Ultimate sub and the users being both PC and Xbox that should increase these 10m Xbox Gamepass.
How many? Well that is hard to guess.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Calling bullshit. I checked his LinkedIn and it does not say anywhere that PC has 15M.

linked.png

Some fanboy probably just made that shit up :LOL:

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Rereading buddies linked in it reads to me more like 25 million gamepass subscribers is different from the 15 million players on pc.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
You need to scroll down a bit to see his Job positions and not only his About.
Ah ok I see it now.

LMFAO Xbox is such shit :LOL: No wonder MS is focusing on PC more and more as time goes on.

Well, it's true what they say, what goes around comes around. Xbox started entirely from the idea of putting a PC in the living room, and DirectX gave birth to that idea and MS mostly abandoned gaming on PC after that... and now it's only right that MS abandons the failing Xbox, realizes its mistakes, and crawls back to PC where it can actually find some success. 💪

Reactions: VillaiN