Game Pass Reportedly Has Over 15M Players On PC | 10M on XBOX Consoles

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
You need to scroll down a bit to see his Job positions and not only his About.

Fs87BYbXoAAWqG3
So much marketing investment to push a service like this and still miss growth targets.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
So much marketing investment to push a service like this and still miss growth targets.
The service is bad. Riddled with cheap toss in games and low quality indies. What is the point of “the best deal in gaming” when you can’t play god of war or the latest zelda?

Reactions: Box and Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The service is bad. Riddled with cheap toss in games and low quality indies. What is the point of “the best deal in gaming” when you can’t play god of war or the latest zelda?
They put way too much effort on quantity and day one releases when quality matters a lot more. Whatever the opposite of moneyball is, that's Gamepass, dumb and inefficient spending.

The actual top tier AAA games like RDR2, Elden Ring or God of War provide a lot more value to people than any service.

PS+ Extra gets the balance right and if anything it is still too aggressive with how quickly Sony games are put there.

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Not too hard when most Xbox fans are now playing on PC and not Xbox.
Here on forum you already see some Xbox fans that doesn't have Xbox anymore (should they be called Gamepass fans?) sadly some are banned too.
And some not sadly banned 😄

But yes I play on PC, but since my six months of promos ended last year I quit GamePass. Much better to spend on games you actually want, and if you have a backlog you can easily get games cheaply a few months after release on CDKeys etc.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Much better to spend on games you actually want,
This is why Gamepass makes no sense on PC outiside of 1$ tricks, it's so easy to build a solid library on Steam of games of your choosing.

People that sign up to to play Starfield will do so for one or two months and then bail.

Reactions: Hezekiah

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
This is why Gamepass makes no sense on PC outiside of 1$ tricks, it's so easy to build a solid library on Steam of games of your choosing.

People that sign up to to play Starfield will do so for one or two months and then bail.
Do mods work on gamepass pc yet

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Do mods work on gamepass yet
Do games work on Gamepass Pc app yet? That app was weird and always fucked my storage and install. EA games even require installing an even worse app from EA.

If they include Gamepass on Steam I'll consider it every once in a while when something comes out.

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
Do games work on Gamepass Pc app yet? That app was weird and always fucked my storage and install. EA games even require installing an even worse app from EA.

If they include Gamepass on Steam I'll consider it every once in a while when something comes out.
Yeah on the gamepass app because most Bethesda pc players normally plays with mods

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
xbox-game-pass.png

If these Consoles numbers are correct, it is worse than I expected
There is probably a significant proportion of the Xbox userbase who also loaded it up on PC at least once, or set up doenloads on it while at work from their phones (this is possible, right?.) For a resume like this, trying to sell numbers with no real accountability, that probably means that they were marked as PC ecosystem users for life.

24 Jun 2022
Ah ok I see it now.

LMFAO Xbox is such shit :LOL: No wonder MS is focusing on PC more and more as time goes on.

Well, it's true what they say, what goes around comes around. Xbox started entirely from the idea of putting a PC in the living room, and DirectX gave birth to that idea and MS mostly abandoned gaming on PC after that... and now it's only right that MS abandons the failing Xbox, realizes its mistakes, and crawls back to PC where it can actually find some success. 💪

Yep...

...in Valve's ecosystem 😉😂

• Shake
Reactions: Remij

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It's bizarre that MS didn't create Steam before Valve did. I mean, they had everything at disposal to do it and they didn't do it. Why?
I won't say before because MS first atemp happened a year after Steam (2003)...
Windows Marketplace (2004) failed miserabely.
You can't say they didn't try.

Way before that they had Zone.com that was rebranded to MSN Games but it was just to small games.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
It's bizarre that MS didn't create Steam before Valve did. I mean, they had everything at disposal to do it and they didn't do it. Why?
MS wasting time with Xbox is the best thing to ever happen to PC gaming and the worst thing to ever happen to consoles.

MS just can't read the gaming market at all, same reason why they suck at producing games, just no culture beyond making low quality and boring enterprise software.

• brain
24 Jun 2022

Because as we've come to see, Microsoft aren't visionaries when it comes to gaming. At least, they haven't been for a very long time. I think their narrow focus on dethroning Sony with the 360 caused them to pretty much forget about the PC gaming market altogether. After all, they were already getting PC devs to start making console games more with Xbox, and felt that would accelerate with 360 (it did).

I genuinely think Microsoft probably thought gaming on PC from a mass-market commercial sense was probably dead or dying by the mid '00s and didn't care much because they were going full steam ahead on console with the 360. And to be fair, for a while there it probably did seem like gaming on PC was nothing but a couple MMOs, Newgrounds, other Flash games and indie-style games with no marketplace to sell (so they were free).

Valve actually still believed in mass commercial gaming on PC and unifying PC game developers in some way, and they had a vision with Steam, so they started it out, it grew, and eventually it helped bring back mass commercial gaming to PC. Once more console-centric devs started considering doing PC ports, Steam was right there, right place and time, to become their choice.

Money means nothing if you don't have a vision for it. Microsoft saw no future in PC gaming in the mid '00s, that's why they never invested in a Steam of their own. Their mistake.

I won't say before because MS first atemp happened a year after Steam (2003)...
Windows Marketplace (2004) failed miserabely.
You can't say they didn't try.

Way before that they had Zone.com that was rebranded to MSN Games but it was just to small games.

Man, I forgot about both of those 🤣.

• brain