Gameranx Calls Out Metacritic Scoring System And Other Review Outlets For Spiderman 2 Having A High Score Despite The Bugs

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
My gripe with this argument is...

1. Spiderman doesnt have that many bugs imo, well I hvnt seen any.

2. Games like all Bethesda games, Lords of Fallen, All Souls games, Assn Creed games, never get docked for bugs generally from what I seen but....

Games like "Days Gone" got massacred

So there isnt consistency with how they rate games and thts the reviewers fault and biases. If they aren't going to dock points for perf and bugs say sooo, if they are, keep it 100% across the board. Even games with fucked up online or not working at all sometimes don't get docked and their is bias. Halo Master Chief collection online was borked for over a year yet they didnt dock it but Driveclub which was fixed in a few months was destroyed in reviews because of it!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Put Gameranx on the blacklist!

It's only "buggy" if you include the manufactured bugs that Xbox fanboys did... using photo mode to merge characters etc.

Disgraceful..hope they get dragged.
Thts what their sourcing? If so I will never use them as a source again, fuck them!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Buggiest game? DAFUQ?

1. Starfield alone has a lot more bugs. If we're talking AAA releases, let's not even discuss Assassin's Creed Mirage and Redfall.
2. The bugs in Spider-Man 2 are mostly cosmetic.
3. While it is one of the "buggiest" PS Studios releases, which have lacked their usual polish since 2020, it's one of the least buggy AAA releases I've played in the past year.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
I can only assume that it's based on the Twitter nonsense, as I am playing and have only had 2 bugs of note after hours of play.
I have that one bug where I yank a woman 8 feet off while carrying her.

Another bug happned when I accidentally throw the kid off the building while web swinging, Spider-Taliban in action.

They are still alive though, 0/10 not realistif enoough

Last edited by a moderator:
  • haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Put Gameranx on the blacklist!

It's only "buggy" if you include the manufactured bugs that Xbox fanboys did... using photo mode to merge characters etc.

Disgraceful..hope they get dragged.
Yes it’s all Xbox fanboy propaganda spreading like wild fire 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Diah

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Yes it’s all Xbox fanboy propaganda spreading like wild fire 🤦‍♂️

Well, I'd believe some of them if they were anything like the bugs I had... but all the ones they've shown have been using photoshop and then one where they used the bicycle to go somewhere the devs didnt expect and it caused some weird stuff....

But these are absolutely forced by doing things repeatedly until they get a bug.

Reactions: Diah

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Also read the the article is based on other people experience than themselves. I swear these people are a bunch of clowns

• Informative
Reactions: KickNamesTakeAss

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

2. Games like all Bethesda games, Lords of Fallen, All Souls games, Assn Creed games, never get docked for bugs generally from what I seen but....

So there isnt consistency with how they rate games and, thts reviewers fault and biases. If they aren't going to dock pointd for perf and bugs say sooo if they are keep it 100% across the board. Even ganes with fucked up online or not working at all sonetones don't get docked abd their is bias. Halo chief collection online was bored for over a year yet they didbt dick it but Driveclub which was fixed in a few months was destroyed in reviews because of it!!!
It's pretty simple: Most people don't find these glitches and, when they do, the game is so good that they gloss over.
But when the game is mid or bad, like Starfield or Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, people bash the game even more.
That's all there is to it.
Hence, nobody cares about the glitches in BG3, SM2 or in TW3 (which is also filled with glitches) because these games are good.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Well, I'd believe some of them if they were anything like the bugs I had... but all the ones they've shown have been using photoshop and then one where they used the bicycle to go somewhere the devs didnt expect and it caused some weird stuff....

But these are absolutely forced by doing things repeatedly until they get a bug.
I am still trying to replicate the object replace Spiderman model.

I even turn the console offline, install the 1.01 disc version of the game. I've seen this in MM.

Seem like the game in 1.01 is less buggy than 1.02?

• Surprised
Reactions: Bryank75 and Satoru

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023

So there isnt consistency with how they rate games and, thts reviewers fault and biases. If they aren't going to dock pointd for perf and bugs say sooo if they are keep it 100% across the board. Even ganes with fucked up online or not working at all sonetones don't get docked abd their is bias. Halo chief collection online was bored for over a year yet they didbt dick it but Driveclub which was fixed in a few months was destroyed in reviews because of it!!!
Did you read the article? They cite specific bugs and name drop a Souls game as being just as egregious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Falcs