Gamers declare war. Stop watering games down with hidden political agendas.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Banning people for simply asking them to focus on games and not on politics and ideology is not some major right-wing talking point.
This is Trump's campaign slogan: Focus on games!

These people are good for catching this before it goes out of control, imagine what the next step could be! Some kind of bug fix requests?

Last edited:

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
This is Trump's campaign slogan: Focus on games!

These people are good for catching this before it goes out of control, imagine what the next step could be! Some kind of bug fix requests?
For real, though. They were having a roll recently, lots of pull requests and contributions from a lot of developers.

Until the CM started banning people left and right. I'm willing to bet quite a few of those people blocked on X and banned from github were busy working on 4.4 features.

I used to advocate for Godot. What transpired in the last few days is really making me regret it.

Especially the "official response" from the foundation. Using the pretext of "help with moderation mistakes" to take people's email and run background checks without their acknowledgement is some truly evil nazi shit. Do not fill out that form.

Last edited:
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
For real, though. They were having a roll recently, lots of pull requests and contributions from a lot of developers.

Until the CM started banning people left and right. I'm willing to bet quite a few of those people blocked on X and banned from github were busy working on 4.4 features.

I used to advocate for Godot. What transpired in the last few days is really making me regret it.

Especially the "official response" from the foundation. Using the pretext of "help with moderation mistakes" to take people's email and run background checks without their acknowledgement is some truly evil nazi shit. Do not fill out that form.
That form is so funny 🤣 they really want people to beg them to unban them

• haha
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Referring to a community manager after they went on a banning spree as a "shitty community manager" is harrassment?

I mean, I didn't even read any vulgar insult like "filth of the earth" in there (xananax seems to have had insult priviledges for years, btw).

You hold a really low bar for what constitutes harrassment. Let's say you decide to call someone an "incel" and they report you for harrassment. Should we address it by your rules? Think carefully.
Github is for filing bug reports and feature requests, not for insulting people or even putting opinions on how a community manager should run things on twitter.
If I call someone an incel you would be in the right to action me for it because I would be insulting someone. I feel safe in saying this because I have not called anyone an incel on this forum. I probably have insulted someone once or twice though, and if I got in trouble for doing so, that would be fair and reasonable on the part of moderation.
Nevertheless, this wasn't even just insulting, this was calling for them to be fired from their job. Those screenshots I posted also show racism and sexual harassment.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Banning people for simply asking them to focus on games and not on politics and ideology is not some major right-wing talking point.
They're blocks, not bans.
The users can still use the software, they just can't reply to Godot on Twitter.
The people blocked for complaining about Godot's post is concern trolling over the improper "use of resources" - as if a community manager is solely tasked with commits. If someone wants new features or to report bugs there's a perfectly good Github page for that. There is nothing wrong with promoting game devs making "woke" games, which is what that post was used for in addition to being a completely innocuous tweet poking fun at people who were calling game devs that use game engines woke.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
They're blocks, not bans.
The users can still use the software, they just can't reply to Godot on Twitter.
The people blocked for complaining about Godot's post is concern trolling over the improper "use of resources" - as if a community manager is solely tasked with commits. If someone wants new features or to report bugs there's a perfectly good Github page for that. There is nothing wrong with promoting game devs making "woke" games, which is what that post was used for in addition to being a completely innocuous tweet poking fun at people who were calling game devs that use game engines woke.
Why are you defending these people?

They are complete trash.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

I don't make games and I only know this project from the Unity backlash from last year.

This is disgusting what is being done to most major open source projects out there, including the Linux kernel, Firefox (this one is kokoo), a lot of distros, etc.

Sometimes they take the projects out of their creator's content for fake DEI type BS, and honestly I'm fairly sure the real reason is to allow them to take over the money comming in from donations and sponsorships.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Why are you defending these people?
Because in my eyes, Godot's tweet was completely innocuous, and not only innocuous, but showed that the people behind Godot care about marginalized groups of people. The people upset by it, therefore, in my eyes are those who are, at best, unwilling to step away from the video game world of escapism to consider others.

Or to put it more plainly, Godot's tweet made me happy and feel at ease with the people behind the project, consequently I'm distrustful of those upset by it, and by extension, consider the blocks to be a reasonable reaction to the backlash. I myself have blocked over 25,000 people on twitter.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Because in my eyes, Godot's tweet was completely innocuous, and not only innocuous, but showed that the people behind Godot care about marginalized groups of people. The people upset by it, therefore, in my eyes are those who are, at best, unwilling to step away from the video game world of escapism to consider others.

Or to put it more plainly, Godot's tweet made me happy and feel at ease with the people behind the project, consequently I'm distrustful of those upset by it, and by extension, consider the blocks to be a reasonable reaction to the backlash.
Oh, goodness me.

This reply makes me so sad!

The forest from the trees my friend.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

Or to put it more plainly, Godot's tweet made me happy and feel at ease with the people behind the project, and those who would be upset with that I feel distrustful of.
This is not about marginalized people, well maybe it is... but these days, as we have seen, this is broadly used as a sort of oath to the DEI gods or something and if you don't join whatever cause (saying this one is not for you is as evil as attacking the gays for these people)... Well they'll kick you out.

So yes, it's tiring to see people come up with the activism all day every day, in places where it does not belong.

I want to be able to say: You know what, I don't want to run that flag or use pronouns. I support you in many ways, but I don't think everything demanded in the name of the LGBTQ+++++ alphabet people is fair game.

This kind of behaviour makes me uneasy with many open source projects, many corporations and government actions, they ask for total submission and I'm just not that kind of person.

• Shake
Reactions: Nym and Bo_Hazem
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman

Or to put it more plainly, Godot's tweet made me happy and feel at ease with the people behind the project, consequently I'm distrustful of those upset by it, and by extension, consider the blocks to be a reasonable reaction to the backlash. I myself have blocked over 25,000 people on twitter.

4306396-Robert-Breault-Quote-What-you-discover-about-people-you-try-not-to.jpg

My conscious to me:

fa68af37-ec05-4bff-8eea-2d257e6e1042_text.gif

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

Imagine defending this person's block (which started it all):

godot-engine-decided-to-virtue-signal-on-twitter-and-then-v0-vo7ot1rxxjrd1.png

And then blocking a guy who quoted the engine's creator about talking politics:

102127_qlf578rs8k8bdnx_custom.jpeg

The people running these accounts are unhinged activists and shouldn't be running these jobs. How can someone side with this?
I really don't get some people.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman

View attachment 5654

View attachment 5655

The people running these accounts are unhinged activists and shouldn't be running these jobs. How can someone side with this?

I'm not familiar with that engine, but seems like that engine should go to the shitter along with the mods/founders of it.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

View attachment 5654

View attachment 5655

It's pure tribalism.

A hive mind mentality with people too afraid to stray in case their "peers" turn on them.