Gamers declare war. Stop watering games down with hidden political agendas.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Imagine defending this person's block (which started it all):

View attachment 5654

And then blocking a guy who quoted the engine's creator about talking politics:

View attachment 5655

The people running these accounts are unhinged activists and shouldn't be running these jobs. How can someone side with this?
I really don't get some pepeople.
I would've blocked both of these people for the same thing. They're deflecting the conversation and indirectly complaining about Godot promoting queer developers
That first person was not blocked for reporting a bug, they were blocked for concern trolling instead of posting about their bug where a dev could see it (github)

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
They're deflecting the conversation and indirectly complaining about Godot promoting queer developers
Game engines don't need to go out of their way to promote developers for being queer. Developers, queer or not, are all welcome to debate their views. That is not the concern of a tool.

That's political exploitation of minorities. Something I'm surprised you feel good about, btw. But I'm not going to delve too deep into the psychological damage some of these political campaigns do to people.

If they were promoting MAGA garbage, I bet then, and only then, you most probably wouldn't like it for being political. Which says a lot.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I would've blocked both of these people for the same thing. They're deflecting the conversation and indirectly complaining about Godot promoting queer developers
That first person was not blocked for reporting a bug, they were blocked for concern trolling instead of posting about their bug where a dev could see it (github)

Why the hell would a game engine community manager promote developers based on their sexual orientation?
How is that important for low level programming, and why the fuck should anyone care?

Put yourself in the shoes of a programmer and think how you much would you like to be celebrated for the type of hole you prefer to stick your dick in, instead of the timing quality and effectiveness of your code commits.

The plan was to treat everyone equally and not discriminate anyone, especially not to single out people based on their sexual orientation for stuff that has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

There's absolutely no reason for a game engine's social media account to promote specific people based on their intimate private lives, other than fake and gratuitous virtue signaling. And everyone is able to smell that crap for a mile away.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
How is that important for low level programming,
why are you going to a twitter account for low level programming information
Put yourself in the shoes of a programmer
I have a Computer Science degree and my wife works in Godot
Why would a game engine community manager promote developers
please re-read this part of your sentence
the answer is in the question

If you mean *specifically* queer developers, to show support, that's why. Showing support for your fellow man is good. Doubly so for small-time marginalized developers who need it in this trouble-filled world

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
why are you going to a twitter account for low level programming information
The people who do so, do it because it's where they supposedly post news about releases, tools, conferences and other projects using the engine. Not to see hypocritical posts about fake virtue signaling based on sexual orientation.

The complaints are valid, blocking people for said complaints is just asinine and extremist behavior.

If you mean *specifically* queer developers, to show support, that's why. Showing support for your fellow man is good. Doubly so for small-time marginalized developers who need it in this trouble-filled world

Oh please, do tell how much "queer developers" are being marginalized from open source engines, so much that they need to be singled out for extra support.
How the fuck do people even know who's queer on github? So you need to put a flare on your sexual orientation for your code commits?

At the same time, we all know these same community managers who feel the need to "show support for queer developers" wouldn't think twice about treating like absolute garbage anyone they found out to be tangentially conservative or right wing.
We all know these people aren't pushing for inclusiveness, they're pushing for exclusiveness and marginalization against their "enemies". Might as well just drop the act already.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Oh please, do tell how much "queer developers" are being marginalized from open source engines, so much that they need to be singled out for extra support.
How the fuck do people even know who's queer on github? So you need to put a flare on your sexual orientation for your code commits?
No, because people who are treated poorly by society require a boost
Consider why affirmative action is a thing
The gaming community at large is very volatile and is a cesspool of bigotry; providing support in spite of this helps ensure such developers not only feel more comfortable in the community, but also helps their games and game development progress get attention in a world that primarily focuses on AAA projects or projects by larger developers. Not that larger developers can't too exist in this realm; I adore Gust in particular for the heavy lesbian themes present in a decent chunk of their games, particularly Nights of Azure and Blue Reflection. But they aren't common, and even developers in that world need some attention.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
No, because people who are treated poorly by society require a boost
Consider why affirmative action is a thing
The gaming community at large is very volatile and is a cesspool of bigotry; providing support in spite of this helps ensure such developers not only feel more comfortable in the community, but also helps their games and game development progress get attention in a world that primarily focuses on AAA projects or projects by larger developers. Not that larger developers can't too exist in this realm; I adore Gust in particular for the heavy lesbian themes present in a decent chunk of their games, particularly Nights of Azure and Blue Reflection. But they aren't common, and even developers in that world need some attention.

I don't want to get dragged into this,

But my 2 cents is this:

The more online connected gaming became, the larger it grew. The more opinionated people become on what they play, how they act in games ect.

Your going to have people be shit bags, but thats what reporting and banning is for. For everyone else which outweighs the shit bags, they just want to play games, or make the thing they love without someone telling them they are a piece of shit for liking something. Or telling them they need to support something. Or not make the game in the way they are making it.

Thats not how a western world works. People are free to live their lives how they see fit and that includes all aspects. If someone grew up on making code/mods for games they love and want to make games. Then go do it, in business all they care about is the reults.

If you are an amazing coder it doesn't matter what your sexual preference is, the results matter. If you have to make everyone aware company wide of your sexual preference/orientation then its more about you then the we of the developers.

I never saw anyone in the 90's to the 2000's bring this stuff up not once. It's literally people who feel that they cant find their way in the world, so everyone needs to know that the reason they cant be in games, or entertainment or whatever is because they are oppressed or marginalized.
Why is it since social media, being gay in the workplace was not an issue. If it was an issue thats what HR is for, if the company is a shit company thats what reporters are for to expose and bring to light the injustice.

You don't try to force people to accept terms for you, you enforce certain basic human principles of how we treat "All People". And we've done that for the past 20+ years.
There are instances no doubt of sexism, transphobia, homophobia all over different industries. You don't make change by forcing people and companies to accept certain terms of else they get cancelled which is what has happened.

If there are individual accounts or multiple accounts at certain companies in these different inudstries then you call them out. You dont force change. Martin Luther King didn't force change, he knew that was not the answer and would only cause more conflict.

Which is what there is now mainly with minority's and LBGTQ+. Change happens naturally. Which comes from understanding, which that understanding happens over time of people just spending time with one another.

You cant force out hate, negativity, it needs to be removed naturally over time.

And in this case of games, just make games that connect on a broad level. Same goes for the tools people use to make those games. The broader the use the more its used for games the more developers connect with one another. The more they connect the more they talk, and the more they talk the more they understand and become allies/empathetic.

Using twitter, and social media to yell loud things and call people bigots because they dont think like you do doesn't work. And all it does is make you look like the bad guy in the eyes of people who could not give two shits about someone's sexual preference or orientation.

Like I was raised be kind, treat people how you want to be treated, if you don't have anything nice to say dont say anything.

Last edited:
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Should just rename it to Ghost of Wokei.
wow-i-cant-believe-the-dustborn-devs-didnt-include-a-v0-juf2ubot536d1.jpeg

a5QbgNr_700bwp.webp

stop-the-hate-against-dustborn-and-their-devs-forsen-must-v0-7ex8v5mp32md1.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

Same pattern, but this is the end goal, lol.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Insider EXPOSES Assassin's Creed Shadows & Ghost of Yotei + Jin Sakai ERASED & Yasuke Woke Backlash​

This was found to be false claims. Endeomeon is not a good source. Tom Henderson reported on this claim, says there's no evidence from any of his contacts. Who are people close with the project.

Screenshot 2024-10-02 162147.png

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Should just rename it to Ghost of Wokei.

Same Director who made Ghost of Tsushinma is doing Yotei?

Also many characters in original game were female warriors.
Let's see if the game sucks first. I doubt original Director would allow a game to turn its players against them.

We can have a female in Kill Bill, but not a samurai game that's fiction based on a specific time period where there were female warriors that were in their own right great warriors just not called samurai.
Also 1600's was the start where certain parts of Japan started to splinter, and you had many ronin's, non sanctioned clans in the area this game takes place.

I trust Sucker Punch to craft a good character, in a great setting. Regardless if the person playing the character has choice opinions. Thats all they are, opinions. Her personal opinions have no bearing on a game about a lawless type of era in Feudal Japan.
Sucker Punch won't not do their home work on the time period, place, and significance of female/male warriors that were either rogue or part of clans in Japanese empire.

Female warriros were not Samurai, they were called onna-bugeisha.
They fought along side samurai.
And this particular is about a bounty hunter onna-bugeisha. But they may call her a ronin. Not sure yet.

I'm waiting to see more of the game and play it myself before I pass judgement. I care more about the world, gameplay and story. As long as those are good, I think the rest doesn't matter as much.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Make cool games with actually hidden stuff like in Black Myth Wukong!

Imagine, secrets that gives you apparently useless stuff that you have to go back to the previous level at some random place to use... it made me feel like I was playing some real old school game and I loved that they did not care that you could play a lot of the game, miss a lot and still feel like you had seen everything... because it's not put in your face with the map markers.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Same Director who made Ghost of Tsushinma is doing Yotei?

Also many characters in original game were female warriors.
Let's see if the game sucks first. I doubt original Director would allow a game to turn its players against them.

We can have a female in Kill Bill, but not a samurai game that's fiction based on a specific time period where there were female warriors that were in their own right great warriors just not called samurai.
Also 1600's was the start where certain parts of Japan started to splinter, and you had many ronin's, non sanctioned clans in the area this game takes place.

I trust Sucker Punch to craft a good character, in a great setting. Regardless if the person playing the character has choice opinions. Thats all they are, opinions. Her personal opinions have no bearing on a game about a lawless type of era in Feudal Japan.
Sucker Punch won't not do their home work on the time period, place, and significance of female/male warriors that were either rogue or part of clans in Japanese empire.

Female warriros were not Samurai, they were called onna-bugeisha.
They fought along side samurai.
And this particular is about a bounty hunter onna-bugeisha. But they may call her a ronin. Not sure yet.

I'm waiting to see more of the game and play it myself before I pass judgement. I care more about the world, gameplay and story. As long as those are good, I think the rest doesn't matter as much.
Stop talking reasonably and making sense!!!

Reactions: Papacheeks

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven

Insider EXPOSES Assassin's Creed Shadows & Ghost of Yotei + Jin Sakai ERASED & Yasuke Woke Backlash​

That guy's a moron. Severe mommy issues. Anything with a woman is woke, even before he gets to see it. Truly a troglodyte.

There's no need to take things to these extremes. It's one thing to call that degenerate community manager a moron and another to just completely flip out whenever a female in a video game is revealed.

It's why I hate these discussions. There's no middle ground. It's only the extremes.