Gaming commentator @JapanHatesXbox sheds light on Xbox’s parity clause with Sega

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
JapanHatesXbox, aka @Bodycount611, exposes Xbox’s greedy and anti consumer parity clause with Sega

Apparently every game developed for PlayStation MUST also be developed for Xbox 😳 wasting precious time and resources. The parity clause does NOT apply to Nintendo exclusives 🤔 Many of these games also unfortunately end up on GamePass, further harming developers and consumers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Yeah I think we got some info on this last year. They tied it to the Azure deal. Now PlayStation and PC are keeping Sega afloat.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
We knew about this already. Sony should have protected that partnership. Now Sega's stuck developing for a potato.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Another case of Jim Ryan era complacency.... it's no coincidence that everyone suddenly started making these deals with Xbox as soon as Jim Ryan took over....Sega deal, MLB deal, Square Enix deal....
Absolutely he and Hermen took Japan for granted and he only cared about Square Enix because Square is also so heavily dependent on Sony. Now they are going to Korea to scout unproven talent to make up for what they already had. Korea should have been complimenting Japan not filling a void.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Another case of Jim Ryan era complacency.... it's no coincidence that everyone suddenly started making these deals with Xbox as soon as Jim Ryan took over....Sega deal, MLB deal, Square Enix deal....
We knew about this already. Sony should have protected that partnership. Now Sega's stuck developing for a potato.
So what should Sony do to prevent this?

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
So what should Sony do to prevent this?
Same thing they did for years. Offer a better partnership deal to Sega. Take over marketing, help with development.

Now they're stuck with worse versions of certain Sega games and with full pricing compared to GamePass.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
As someone who knows body count for years now…

Dude is just character and trolling 24/7. I love the gimmick and seeing everyone engage with it. That is him tho… like truly.

If he knows anyone that’s news to me ( he doesn’t rofl). He does live in Japan tho. He’s as much an insider as anyone else with a X account.

Dude even stole “welfare pass” from me… I should’ve trademarked that shit or something. 🤬

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Guess Persona 6 as a PS5-only game has been made multiplatform.

Atlus has been trending towards more multiplatform and/or worlwide releases in recent years, this was never going to be the case.

SEGA Q&A, Company CEO/ Haruki Atami:

"We believe that it would be possible for a major Persona title, such as a numbered release, to sell 5 million copies in its first year by releasing it on multiple platforms and simultaneously worldwide from day one," the Sega Sammy representative director said.

You ain't selling 5 million copies of Persona 6 in a year by being PS5 only.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Same thing they did for years. Offer a better partnership deal to Sega. Take over marketing, help with development.
What if sega don't want any of that?

Problem is alot of people can't accept the fact that these third party companies want to expand more. Sony trying to throw cash at everyone to prevent an Xbox release is not realistic at all.

You are looking at it from one side of Sony not doing more, what if it's the otherside that don't want be exclusive or give preference to a platform?

Last edited:

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Persona 6 is way off I think and Metaphor is 100% just as important as the next big Atlus game since P5 to begin with. Especially considering the team making it and how long of a project it’s been already.

And metaphor is this year. Atlus and persona/smt fans are eating good.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
I mean… it just shows where these platforms are in respect to each other but Sega signed the deal and took the money so there’s nothing wrong here.

Reactions: peter42O

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Hey guys,

Yep, it's all true. I'm doing my best to follow up on the story and have some promising leads. A few game journalists and developers I won't name have been sharing info with me as well.

My hope is that I can cause enough of a stink to get this deal torn up. There is no reason why games like Unicorn Overlord, which has such a limited reach as is, has received an xbox port. It's literally insane.

If games like Monster Hunter Stories and Gundam Breaker can't find an audience on xbox, how the HELL has xbox managed ports from Vanillaware and atlus?

It just doesn't add up. Something somewhere stinks to high heaven -- And it all points directly to a deal of this nature.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022

It’s a dead platform and they’re going third party.

All third parties should consider ceasing development. It already wasn’t worth it without a gamepass handout from Microsoft. Why waste the resources? To sell to who?

Xbox platforms cannot sell software. Gamepass has conditioned an entire playerbase to be fed whatever Phil Spencer can sign or buy to avoid buying games. It’s catastrophic.

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
Sega being goofy as usual.Took short term money instead of steady long term growth. At least MS leverage their Azure play. That was a Good move. That's always been their plan control industry via their azure. One way or another. Good thing AWS exist.

Hopefully the new CEO finds out of this deal. It's awful. Deal waste of funds and resources really.