Ghost of Tsushima broke the Steam CCU record for any Sony SP PC game

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Delayed ports always do much less than the first launch time, even when it's games coming out on other platforms like 3/6/9 months later. Imagine a game coming out 4 years later?

I think people really have a warped idea of how much initial sales can be sold for most games once the FOMO has been gone for subsequent SKU releases.

It's FF discourse again... I tire of it in general.
Being multiplat is a relevant part of the equation in terms of Square gaining potential sales but it's not really the supreme magic bullet for them. There's plenty of things they can do better in terms of release schedule/marketing(they're complete dogshit at it) and a bunch of other things related to project choice(s) and management.

Hopefully they can figure it out, as a fan of FF/DQ since the 90s and it kinda sucks to see well reviewed games not do the numbers and profits SE would like.
Yeah because then we might not get sequels if thy don't sell well and it's sad. I loved Resistance and look due to sales it's on cold ice maybe forever.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I am here for you @Bryank75

images

It's pretty underwhelming numbers IMO. Plus it's been review bombed.

I want nothing but success for SP though. Amazing developers.

Reactions: Sircaw

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It's FF discourse again... I tire of it in general.
Being multiplat is a relevant part of the equation in terms of Square gaining potential sales but it's not really the supreme magic bullet for them. There's plenty of things they can do better in terms of release schedule/marketing(they're complete dogshit at it) and a bunch of other things related to project choice(s) and management.

Hopefully they can figure it out, as a fan of FF/DQ since the 90s and it kinda sucks to see well reviewed games not do the numbers and profits SE would like.
I'm still salty they did nothing to counter the ruthless anti-exclusivity campaign. It went on for over a year and they stayed completely silent, even if it was affecting the hype of both games.

Get a PR firm and do something, change the narrative. Politicians and criminals do it all the time for much worse stuff. Square let it fester and it's still ongoing.

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
is it good? how is the graphics? performance?
Running with a RTX 4090 in 4K on very high settings, DLSS turned off and running TAA. Getting 80 FPS on average. Tried first with DLSS and was getting oddities in the depth of field effect and smaller details shimmering. GPU is at full load so it's definitely not CPU-bound and haven't encountered a single stutter yet, be it traversal or shader compilation.
Who cares if it's old? It was not available on PC and it looks better than 99.9% of PC games that are being released.
Game is regularly on sale for $30 and has been free on PS+. Can't blame anyone for waiting for PC version price to hit parity.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Running with a RTX 4090 in 4K on very high settings, DLSS turned off and running TAA. Getting 80 FPS on average. Tried first with DLSS and was getting oddities in the depth of field effect and smaller details shimmering. GPU is at full load so it's definitely not CPU-bound and haven't encountered a single stutter yet, be it traversal or shader compilation.

Game is regularly on sale for $30 and has been free on PS+. Can't blame anyone for waiting for PC version price to hit parity.
💯

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I used to support Sony putting games in PC but not after this and Helldivers. Fuck those toxic pricks
They beg, demand and complain and then when the game is released they don't show up, boycott it, review bomb it and at most say they'll wait for it to hit the same low prices that is has on PlayStation.

Last edited:

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
Welp, now I've come across the game freezing during cutscenes, twice. Might hold off on the rest of my playthrough until this gets fixed.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
They beg, demand and complain and then when the game is released they don't show up, boycott it and at most say they'll wait for it to hit the same low prices that is has on PlayStation.
Only reason I got the game was thanks to a third party site discount. The only way I'll ever pay full price for any game is if it's a day-and-date release during its launch window, and I'm not alone. Can't fault anyone for that.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It's the usual peak for a AAA on Day 1. Nothing special and we know it was people quickly review-bombing and getting a refund. It's now at 47k.

It might peak this weekend like GOW but it's not a high target to reach.
Makes sense.