Ghost of Tsushima PC Directors Cut confirmed up on Steam, releases May 16. Rumor: Part 2 to be announced around May/June at a PS Showcase

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
There are different reasons also for ppl not liking denuvo not necessarily just due to pirating. Such as perf issues and others. But please bring it back no need to focus on denuvo.

Lets not get into a denuvo bickering war.

Last edited:

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
Why do you port beggars keep saying this? It's literally a strawman to detract from the actual arguments against PC ports:
  • The more platforms and hardware configurations a game needs to be developed for, the:
    • longer the development time
    • higher the cost to develop
    • more support is needed post release, which in turn delays additional games
    • more prone the game is to have bugs (we're already seeing this with games like HFW, Spider-Man 2...)
    • less the game uses the original hardware
    • more constraints developers have to make to game design
  • Sony literally makes less money:
    • PC owners that bought a console for their exclusives will now move to PC entirely, moving out of the Sony ecosystem. Since sony makes most of their playstation money from their store, this means loss of revenue
    • They will also sell less consoles, which are being sold at a profit (we're already seeing this with them missing their estimates by 16%)
    • They have to pay steam / epic / whomever a store cut, instead of taking in virtually all of the revenue from their own store sales
So no, this is not about "not wanting to share toys". This is about people wanting Playstation exclusives to continue being leading experiences, GOTY contenders, year after year, and not just another publisher that rehashes the same game every year because they don't have an ecosystem.

Xbox killed themselves with PC ports, Sony is slowly killing their console sales with PC ports, and Nintendo is laughing all the way back to the bank. SIE's own CEO admitted that the PC is a competing platform, and with Xbox pretty much out of the picture, Sony has the golden opportunity to become the only home console - that is if they stop with the PC port bullshit. If they don't, they will kill their console and become just another publisher in the next few years - like Xbox.

Edit - going by port beggar logic, Sony should port their games to Xbox.
All of that, and Nixxes ports the games after the development of the game concludes, your points are moot.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
GIOPhxdbYAAGCsY

hes-right-you-know-morgan-freeman.gif

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
It's Serbia, that's true for most gamers there. Consoles, being a dedicated gaming hardware, cost A LOT, so most people settle with a PC they already have for work or school.
a Serbian Xbox fanboy though 😂

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
lmao you are off your rocker for this

I buy all my PC games on Steam. Piracy on PC is way too inconvenient. Denuvo needs to die in a fire.
Lmao I love when people post this nonsense without properly researching it.

That had nothing to do with Denuvo. Capcom implemented a secondary DRM layer that THEY created, that is what was causing the issues.

The second they updated the game with its removal while leaving Denuvo in place the performance was identical to the cracked code.

Reactions: Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Do you think it's unacceptable if hardware lower than an entry level card from 2016 can't play AAA games in 2024? How does Helldivers 2 run on PS4 Pro?
Screenshot-2024-03-09-125819.png

Screenshot-2024-03-09-125857.png
Helldivers 2 runs fine in my laptop with a 1070, but not looking as pretty as in my PS5.

All PS4 Pro games are mandatory to run on base PS4. So to make a PS4 Pro version would mean to do a base PS4 version too. Helldivers 2 was started 8 years ago, when they didn't have even the PS5 specs, so obviously started as a PS4+PC game.

I assume that if they didn't release it for PS4 too was because at some point Sony may have decided to move on from crossgen games to push the PS5 hardware sales.

Lmao I love when people post this nonsense without properly researching it.

That had nothing to do with Denuvo. Capcom implemented a secondary DRM layer that THEY created, that is what was causing the issues.

The second they updated the game with its removal while leaving Denuvo in place the performance was identical to the cracked code.
On top of that there's a third layer: the Steam DRM one.

Reactions: Gamernyc78