Ghost of Tsushima PC Directors Cut confirmed up on Steam, releases May 16. Rumor: Part 2 to be announced around May/June at a PS Showcase

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I'm from the US, Los Angeles, California, and he's completely right. You are very naive if you dont think thats not the case WORLD WIDE. I really can't even believe you think like that.
California isn't well known for law and order. I mean, in California you could walk into a game store and steal a few hundred in physical games and not much will be done.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
No, you are completely missing the point. People don't just "do it because they can." Completely made up reality. Are you from a 3rd world country? That's the only way you could think this is normal, if so don't project issues of your country on to all consumers.
"Think of the poor pirates!" - strategy doesn't work
"Are you from a third world country!?" - new strategy

Stop it, I remember people pirating PS2 games when I lived in New Zealand, developed countries aren't above piracy much less on PC.

Just accept that piracy is a major problem on PC and Denuvo is the solution. Or even better, why don't Sony make their own improved DRM that is even more resilient than Denuvo but doesn't impact performance, then they would be adding something of value to PC gamers (SecuROM was created by Sony after all and Denuvo came from that).

Last edited:

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
"Think of the poor pirates!" - strategy doesn't work
"Are you from a third world country!" - new strategy

Stop it, I remember people pirating PS2 games when I lived in New Zealand, developed countries aren't above piracy much less on PC.
I'm just very confused how your mentality of "everyone is okay with stealing games!" exists. It's odd that you're calling me a piracy apologist when you're acting as if it's the state of nature of everyone to steal when they can. I say the 3rd world country remark because accessibility+poverty certainly had a large impact on many in utilising such measures, but again not common here.

"Some people I knew pirated games ergo it's common" is a non sequitur.

• Informative
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I'm just very confused how your mentality of "everyone is okay with stealing games!" exists. It's odd that you're calling me a piracy apologist when you're acting as if it's the state of nature of everyone to steal when they can. I say the 3rd world country remark because accessibility+poverty certainly had a large impact on many in utilising such measures, but again not common here.

So people are ok pirating movies but they are above pirating games? Stop the cap, do you take us for fools?

Now instead of convincing me, go explain to Hollywood how piracy should not be a concern for them and doesn't impact their business. :ROFLMAO:

I'm from a third world country (Brazil) and I can assure you the people pirating aren't doing it because they can't pay for the game but somehow can afford expensive PCs.

You must be one of those guys that thinks Yuzu users dump their own games. Piracy is ridiculously widespread on PC.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
From the first paragraph of the article:

Screenshot-2024-03-07-at-3-36-46-PM.png
x86 is an architecture, PC is a computer. You can keep twisting this all you want. Windows ARM computers are still PCs. consoles are not PCs

Stop humiliating yourself

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
x86 is an architecture, PC is a computer. You can keep twisting this all you want. Windows ARM computers are still PCs. consoles are not PCs

Stop humiliating yourself

He even used Wikipedia as a source.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

Same with the DS, practically everyone had an R4 card to pirate games on.

Im actually glad I bought games because Nintendo games always go up in value. I sold Soul Silver for $250

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
If porting to PC was easy then we wouldn't get so many botched ports.

Same with the DS, practically everyone had an R4 card to pirate games on.

Im actually glad I bought games because Nintendo games always go up in value. I sold Soul Silver for $250
PSP also had rampant piracy.

Even Gaben has talked about it in the early Steam days, that piracy is mostly a matter of convenience to most people, if it's easy enough people will do it. There isn't nothing more inconvenient than for pirates to have to wait months if not years to be able to play the game. Sony is stupid for not using it on their mostly single player games.

Helldivers 2 is a good example of what I'm talking about, because piracy isn't an issue for GaaS it's huge on PC but release Spider-man 2 on PC day one and there is no way it will sell anywhere close to PS5 despite the massive PC installed base (in good part because of piracy). The problem is that Sony will misread this and double down on GaaS because of PC.

Then PC players say that PC is the most important platform for Capcom these days when they would just ignore PC not long ago... Capcom has been using Denuvo all along. Where is the boycott? Where is the outrage?

I would much rather games day one on PC if they had good DRM that would protect the game for a long time over short delay windows for games that will get cracked day one.

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
Then PC players say that PC is the most important platform for Capcom these days when they would just ignore PC not long ago... Capcom has been using Denuvo all along. Where is the boycott? Where is the outrage?

And that's not even true for new releases, but catalog/legacy titles. Because not even 8...or even 5 years ago, a lot of Capcom's back catalog wasn't on PC/Steam.

For new releases that are multiplatform, it's PS4/5 doing most of the heavy lifting in sales ratio globally. RE4 Remake, RE Village, Street Fighter 6 it repeats that way over and over. Only exceptions might be Ace Attorney games where Nintendo carries the sales there. In VERY SPECIFIC markets like Korea, PC might do somewhat more heavy lifting than PS in sales for Monster Hunter games, but if so it wouldn't be by a significant percentage.

The only ones who want to keep saying PC is Capcom's breadwinner for game sales either have an IQ at Kelvin temperature or are too young & ignorant to have done any real research.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Even Gaben has talked about it in the early Steam days, that piracy is mostly a matter of convenience to most people, if it's easy enough people will do it. There isn't nothing more inconvenient than for pirates to have to wait months if not years to be able to play the game. Sony is stupid for not using it on their mostly single player games.

Helldivers 2 is a good example of what I'm talking about, because piracy isn't an issue for GaaS it's huge on PC but release Spider-man 2 on PC day one and there is no way it will sell anywhere close to PS5 despite the massive PC installed base (in good part because of piracy). The problem is that Sony will misreads this and double down on GaaS because of PC.

I would much rather games day one on PC if they had good DRM that would protect the game for a long time over short delay windows for games that will get cracked day one.
This!

Reactions: Puff

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024

Helldivers 2 is a good example of what I'm talking about, because piracy isn't an issue for GaaS it's huge on PC but release Spider-man 2 on PC day one and there is no way it will sell anywhere close to PS5 despite the massive PC installed base (in good part because of piracy). The problem is that Sony will misread this and double down on GaaS because of PC.

I've never come across a human being who didn't work for Denuvo or didn't have some kind of stake in a game publisher who stanned this hard for Denuvo.

It almost seems to me like you're doing a bit at this point.

• they're_right_you_know

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I've never come across a human being who didn't work for Denuvo or didn't have some kind of stake in a game publisher who stanned this hard for Denuvo.

It almost seems to me like you're doing a bit at this point.
I never come across a human being who hated Denuvo that wasn't a salty pirate pretending he cared about it for some other reason.

Stand by what you say and boycott ALL Denuvo games on PC (boycott as in don't ever play them, not as in pirate them once cracked).

PC players embrace DRM and digital distribution and then want to grandstand over Denuvo.... bullshit.

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
I never come across a human being who hated Denuvo that wasn't a salty pirate pretending he cared about it for some other reason.

Stand by what you say and boycott ALL Denuvo games on PC (boycott as in don't ever play them, not as in pirate them once cracked).

PC players embrace DRM and digital distribution and then want to grandstand over Denuvo.... bullshit.
But you have, right here. I pay for all my PC games. My Steam game list is set to public, username is the same as here.

• thisistheway

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022

Calm down with the generalization there, cowboy. It's fascinating that you don't understand that people against Denuvo are not necessarily against anti-piracy software in their games. They are against an anti-piracy system that impacts the performance in some games and whose removal gives pirates a better experience than paying customers

And yes, I'm a massive pirate and thief

Cq8oqlU.png

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Buying some games on Steam doesn't mean you aren't up to pirating other games. Only a pirate would be against Denuvo on Sony games.

You all better be buying those Denuvoless Sony games day one on Steam, now that would be something.

Also, as I said, better not be playing Denuvo games at all since they are so evil.

And yes, I'm a massive pirate and thief
Now this I find easy to believe.

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Buying some games on Steam doesn't mean you aren't up to pirating other games. Only a pirate would be against Denuvo on Sony games.
I have over 200 games on steam, a few more (including paid) on Epic, a handful on EA. On Crusader Kings 3 alone I've spent over 100 quid. And you're kind of stepping on a very line line, buddy. Check yourself please.

You all better be buying those Denuvoless Sony games day one on Steam, now that would be something.
I buy Sony games on Playstation.

Now this I find easy to believe.
Please explain this, because I want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding you.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I have over 200 games on steam, a few more (including paid) on Epic, a handful on EA. On Crusader Kings 3 alone I've spent over 100 quid. And you're kind of stepping on a very line line, buddy. Check yourself please.

I buy Sony games on Playstation.

Please explain this, because I want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding you.
I said what I said and I never asked you to try to prove anything to me.

I stand by my position that people that have a big problem with Denuvo either fell for some sort of FUD or simply want devs to expose their games to piracy.

As for stepping on your mighty thin ice... you are not my dad.

13a67103358fe9408c556f90cf018851.gif