Ghost of Tsushima PC Directors Cut confirmed up on Steam, releases May 16. Rumor: Part 2 to be announced around May/June at a PS Showcase

24 Jun 2022
At a PlayStation showcase? Um yeah great keep telling consumers your games are going to other platform devaluing your console eventually they’ll learn when Switch 2 passes PS5 in less time because Nintendo will have a slew of true exclusive games.

Nintnedo already got a new Pokémon game lined up for the first year I would expect Mario Kart 8 for the 2nd year & a smash dlc in year 2 or 3

I definitely do think a GOT PC port announcement should be delayed until they reveal the sequel coming to the console exclusively. The optics and pattern in making sure there is a new game coming for the console exclusively is one thing, but the order in the announcements is almost just as important as the announcements themselves (ordering can infer or imply level of priority, usually with what comes first given more prioritization).

Again the PC port itself, for me, isn't the issue. GOT would fall into the 4-6 year time span which I've already said is "fine" for porting some SP AAA 1P non-GaaS title to PC. It's more that combined with lack of new 1P AAA non-GaaS reveals exclusively for PS5 from internal studios. Everything works off of each other and the optics in doing a PC port announcement ahead of revealing the new game for PS5 already frames discussion and narrative a certain way that's not beneficial to console owners.

I think it's likely to see the GoT or Demon's Souls PC ports announced this year, and if not the next one.

I think there's a 0% chances of seeing Ghost of Tsushima 2 shown this year after only under 3-4 years of development unless it's barely a teaser with a logo with not even a year as release date.

I think we're at least around a couple years away from seeing gameplay.

This twitter account has 37 followers. None of the thousands of accounts I follow follows this account. Are you sure it is somewhat worth trusting?

Well if that's the case, and Sony have no new 1P AAA non-GaaS to reveal this year that's exclusive to the console and coming within 1-2 years (preferably 1 year, considering the rather light slate of current-gen only 1P AAA non-GaaS titles so far), then that's going to be a pretty bad look for many in the enthusiasts side of the console install base.

Prioritizing a PC port within a brand update ahead of a sequel reveal or even a new AAA IP reveal for the console is just going to be a poor look WRT taking care of your main audience (the hardcore/core enthusiast console owners). And, well, just even more a slide into making them feel irrelevant the way Microsoft's managed to their own console base over the years.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Puff and Danja1187

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
I doubt this rumor is true, they want to sell Rise of the Ronin to a similar audience and wont announce GoT2 before its release date.

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
I can't deal with guys harping on no more PC ports strings anymore man... It will never be day and date for single player games but they will be ported to PC down the line, just deal with it!
yep it'll be like exclusive theatrical release windows and subsequent home video releases

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I can't deal with guys harping on no more PC ports strings anymore man... It will never be day and date for single player games but they will be ported to PC down the line, just deal with it!

Might as well invest in PC than, what's even the point of having a PlayStation console next generation?

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
Might as well invest in PC than, what's even the point of having a PlayStation console next generation?
Because you dont want to wait God know how much for ports. We dont what ll happen in future. Change of management can change strategy of pc ports. Tehy might stop.
Games that actually works no matter what.
Solid pc that last will cost a lot more than console.
Simplicity.
Online on pc s fileld with cheaters. Souls, warzone, cod, fifa....u name it.

Bunch of reasons.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Because you dont want to wait God know how much for ports. We dont what ll happen in future. Change of management can change strategy of pc ports. Tehy might stop.
Games that actually works no matter what.
Solid pc that last will cost a lot more than console.
Simplicity.
Online on pc s fileld with cheaters. Souls, warzone, cod, fifa....u name it.

Bunch of reasons.
My issue w the PC port is Sony & people saying that it’s extra profit when it’s really not Sony making 50 to 100 million on PC ports aren’t profits if the negative impact translate to PS console not selling, missing targets decreasing per year & gamers not buying your own games on your own platform/storefront & instead saying “I’ll wait till it hit PC” or “I no longer need a PS console I’m fine waiting”

It’s like you owning a deli shop & you sell sandwiches on your competitors deli shop & sell a couple sandwiches it’s not really extra profit when you negatively impact your own deli shop loosing profit own your own platform & instead making it on another competitor. But because of the negative impact your own deli shop isn’t selling as much sandwiches because they can get them elsewhere plus the rival has its own exclusive menu item & now your missing targets & are expecting less & less sandwiches per year sold on your own deli shop where you get 100%.

These ports only make sense if there selling 15-20 million the same or more then they are on PS console (but they aren’t) to cancel the negative impact of loosing 100% game sells on your own console platform & loosing the potential to maximize selling of console & games on your own PS console.

Your also loosing exclusive games a massive reason consumers buy your console & the ability to remain a strong competitor against other rival competitors like Steam, Nintendo & Apple who they themselves have exclusive games. Where’s CSGO on PS or Mario on PS or Apple Arcade & all the exclusive mobile games.

I don’t get Sony logic hopefully this gets reverse by the next leader & hope it was just a narrow headed decision by Jim Ryan & Shawn Laden. If consumers don’t want to go to your platform those consumers aren’t premium consumers anyways & you should not devalue your console platform & give your own ten pole exclusive games to competitors just to get those consumers who didn’t even value your brand from start already & will just get your game on deep discount or pirated. The textbook of expanding & making bigger profits is literally following Nintendo singleplayer games exclusive to console forever & live service across console, mobile & pc & even in some cases w live service ten pole live service games like smash, animal crossing, pokemon are exclusive to console w spin off live service going multiplatform.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
March 6 here in Australia, almost 7 yet no announcement

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
At a PlayStation showcase? Um yeah great keep telling consumers your games are going to other platform devaluing your console eventually they’ll learn when Switch 2 passes PS5 in less time because Nintendo will have a slew of true exclusive games.

Nintnedo already got a new Pokémon game lined up for the first year I would expect Mario Kart 8 for the 2nd year & a smash dlc in year 2 or 3
Mario Kart will be launch title I think with Metroid Prime 4

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
That's a lot of text to say you don't want to share your toys.
Why do you port beggars keep saying this? It's literally a strawman to detract from the actual arguments against PC ports:
  • The more platforms and hardware configurations a game needs to be developed for, the:
    • longer the development time
    • higher the cost to develop
    • more support is needed post release, which in turn delays additional games
    • more prone the game is to have bugs (we're already seeing this with games like HFW, Spider-Man 2...)
    • less the game uses the original hardware
    • more constraints developers have to make to game design
  • Sony literally makes less money:
    • PC owners that bought a console for their exclusives will now move to PC entirely, moving out of the Sony ecosystem. Since sony makes most of their playstation money from their store, this means loss of revenue
    • They will also sell less consoles, which are being sold at a profit (we're already seeing this with them missing their estimates by 16%)
    • They have to pay steam / epic / whomever a store cut, instead of taking in virtually all of the revenue from their own store sales
So no, this is not about "not wanting to share toys". This is about people wanting Playstation exclusives to continue being leading experiences, GOTY contenders, year after year, and not just another publisher that rehashes the same game every year because they don't have an ecosystem.

Xbox killed themselves with PC ports, Sony is slowly killing their console sales with PC ports, and Nintendo is laughing all the way back to the bank. SIE's own CEO admitted that the PC is a competing platform, and with Xbox pretty much out of the picture, Sony has the golden opportunity to become the only home console - that is if they stop with the PC port bullshit. If they don't, they will kill their console and become just another publisher in the next few years - like Xbox.

Edit - going by port beggar logic, Sony should port their games to Xbox.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Summer pc port how many years after launch? Tsushima has been on Extra too since the service’s launch.

A port won’t hurt Ronin or the announcement of a sequel a year or two away.

And with Shogun popping off… the timing works out for both Ronin and Tsushima.