Ghost of Tsushima PC Directors Cut confirmed up on Steam, releases May 16. Rumor: Part 2 to be announced around May/June at a PS Showcase

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I'm sorry, you'll have to be banned for that comment. Nay, banned from the whole internet, even.
My excuse simply is, my backlog is as big as @JAHGamer's girlfriend's backside, huge.

rickey smiley dancing GIF by TV One

• party
Reactions: JAHGamer

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
there's a simple explanation to this: porting PS4/5 games to PC is easy, cheap, and profitable.

I'm sure a non-VR game into a VR game is harder.
But the real reason why Nixxes is able to do this vs the other scenario is because Nixxes has decades long institutional knowledge when it comes to PC ports.

This is also the first game by Nixxes(besides a few patches for HZD and DLSS support for GoW 2018) that is not with Guerilla's Decima Engine or Insomniac's in-house engine.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
One less to go. Maybe porting the sucker punch engine makes a second son port more feasible. But I guess we would need an infamous movie first.

• brain
Reactions: flaccidsnake

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That is a good move.

Release the first game after 4 years on PC and around the PC players hyped playing it make the 2 game announce for PS5 🔥

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I think the PC port will sell well, probably the best of all of the Sony games thus far.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I doubt it will sell more than God of War.
God of War is probably the peak of a PS game can sell on PC.
Disagree, while God of War has the name cache, pc players like open world games a lot more. Also Helldivers is the peak of what a PS game can sell on pc

Reactions: Systemshock2023

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Disagree, while God of War has the name cache, pc players like open world games a lot more. Also Helldivers is the peak of what a PS game can sell on pc
Why would you assume that the first day and date Playstation game on PC is the best they could possibly do? It's gonna grow. If Concord is a great game, it will do as good or better than Helldivers. Same with Marathon. Sony will see the obvious: that they have nothing to lose and everything to gain from day and date. It's just gonna be better quality and more profitable success from here on out.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Bloodborne/Demons Souls is the peak of what a ps single player game can sell on PC. These cinematic games will sell but not as much as games with more replay value or MP ones.

Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Why would you assume that the first day and date Playstation game on PC is the best they could possibly do? It's gonna grow. If Concord is a great game, it will do as good or better than Helldivers. Same with Marathon. Sony will see the obvious: that they have nothing to lose and everything to gain from day and date. It's just gonna be better quality and more profitable success from here on out.

Day and Date drivel again from you to derail a thread.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Disagree, Helldivers is a $40 game and those tend to sell much better on PC; the only time full priced games really sell well on PC is with established IPs or studios - Diablo, Baldur's Gate, Souls games...PC tends to be very critical of full priced games.

Marathon is a maybe...I don't trust Bungie and most of the playerbase doesn't either.