God of War is PlayStation's best IP

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Unbelievable. I like Shu, but he’s made many mistakes that people don‘t call out. Missing on From was his biggest.
Yeah! To think he could have bought them for a mere 300 million lol.

Still also never forgave him for what happened with Evolution Studios. Your first live service game and you didn't think a public beta was necessary. Had they done that, the game wouldn't have crashed and burn on launch day.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
There's no such thing as franchise fatigue. I remember when Critics were saying the same thing about God of War franchise at one point. Nobody ever cares about Franchise fatigue when it comes to Mario, Resident Evil, Pokemon, COD for example... Uncharted never faced having a franchise fatigue as the games are their own capsuled adventure... You can skip one entry and still not be lost, so they never ran the risk of burnout on the end user.

I only mentioned Indiana Jones because thats what the game was inspired by.. an action adventure pulp fiction theme based around treasure hunting, so it allowed them endless material for story concepts.

Drake's personal story was never at the forefront till Uncharted 4 that's my point. His "story" was always about building his own legacy until Neil retcon'd that arc by rewriting his origin to fit in Sam 🙄
I never liked the Sam “Oh hey I have a brother that I never brought up” thing. Drake never mentioning him, especially to his wife was stupid. He was never in the records that Marlowe looked up and where was he in the flashback in Uncharted 3 when Drake was a kid. It was a stupid retcon.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Yeah! To think he could have bought them for a mere 300 million lol.

Still also never forgave him for what happened with Evolution Studios. Your first live service game and you didn't think a public beta was necessary. Had they done that, the game wouldn't have crashed and burn on launch day.
Driveclub was amazing. It‘s a shame what happened.

OP
OP
DeltaAki

DeltaAki

9 Dec 2023
I wasn't expecting this post to get any replies as it's my first one! GOW is PlayStation's best IP and is the face of PS right now.

KRATOS!

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
That's subjective. My personal preference would be TLOU or Detroit Become Human. A next gen Detroit probably would've been my favorite game ever, and is one of the few Playstation exclusives to be popular in Japan.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
DeltaAki

DeltaAki

9 Dec 2023
That's subjective. My personal preference would be TLOU or Detroit Become Human. A next gen Detroit probably would've been my favorite game ever, and is one of the few Playstation exclusives to be popular in Japan.
They are good choices too. Imagine a new Fromsoftware exclusive via XDev JP?

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Detroit is from David Cage.

That bridge is burnt long ago. But the facial tech on that game, Jesus. Should be mentioned more by graphic whores, considering that game is on PC longs ago

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Last edited:

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
God ofbWar is indeed modern Sony’s best franchise. Insomniac games are cool but becoming boring fast (like all superhero games tbh.). Suckerpunch did create some wholesome games with Sly the Cooper and Ghost of Tsushima. Bend Studio did create some good games with Syphon Filter and Golden Abyss. Japan Studio was great with creating some really nice & different experiences: Ape Escape, Wild Arms, pitch for Bloodborne, Folklore, Arc the Lad, Legend of the Dragoon etc. The problem of all PS Studios aside Sony Santa Monica, is that they don’t have the consistency like SSM does possess. Only God of War managed to become Sony’s most beloved mascot.

Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Jaffe just likes to court 'controversy' for engagement.
Yeah it’s sad how far he’s fallen. Called Ragnarok bad and said Starfield is the best game he’s ever played. How do you go from making God of War to selling your soul for pennies?

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Yeah it’s sad how far he’s fallen. Called Ragnarok bad and said Starfield is the best game he’s ever played. How do you go from making God of War to selling your soul for pennies?
Dude loves to troll and play up the whole 'traitor' / villain role as someone who used to be a big part of Playstation. I don't understand it, engagement wouldn't be a big enough deal for me to do what he does.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty