God of War Ragnarök | New Trailer - State of Play | PS4, PS5

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I don't think he made a formal assessment of how the game is technically.

It does in some ways feel like a shaper and smoother ps4 game. Horizon fw had this as well.

The "problem" is that Sony fans (which I am) are not like Xbox fans that take any cross gen game and tout it as true "next gen" like they did for Forza Horizon 5 and Halo I.

GoW 2022 is still one of the best looking games out there 🏆.
Yeah it's clearly building off GOW 2018. Not a complete overhaul of the graphics

I am fine with it. There are pros and cons to each direction. If they went with the graphics overhaul then we would definitely end up with less content. This is going to be an insane amount of content built on the 2018 framework. Like God of War 2 was.

The move to the next mythology will be a good opportunity to push things forward in that way

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yeah it's clearly building off GOW 2018. Not a complete overhaul of the graphics

I am fine with it. There are pros and cons to each direction. If they went with the graphics overhaul then we would definitely end up with less content. This is going to be an insane amount of content built on the 2018 framework. Like God of War 2 was.

The move to the next mythology will be a good opportunity to push things forward in that way

I'd rather not get a graphics overhaul to be fair. It looks better and runs smooth, but everything ties neatly into the previous game which is stunning already. If the gameplay evolves enough, it will surpass it's predecessor for sure.

Just checked today and I completed GOW in 47hrs, so if this game has at least as much content I'll be more than happy.

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
I'd rather not get a graphics overhaul to be fair. It looks better and runs smooth, but everything ties neatly into the previous game which is stunning already. If the gameplay evolves enough, it will surpass it's predecessor for sure.

Just checked today and I completed GOW in 47hrs, so if this game has at least as much content I'll be more than happy.
Yeah I think this game is going to be pretty big, they still had the cut content from the last game too

Reactions: Darth Vader

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I never got that far 😅.

But as far as redundancy goes, it can't be worse than any Ubisoft like open world game.

Its suffers from a lot of the same problems other open world games do. A lot of bloat, and a lot of reused enemies and bosses after a while.

The first time a dragon flew down out of nowhere i lost my shit, the 8th time it happened i just simply galloped past it

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

What I wish for are different bosses (as opposed the same re-skinned big enemies)... And a return to grandiose set pieces.

Reactions: Hobbygaming