God of War Ragnarök | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peter42O

Hot take -

After playing Bloodborne for about 10 hours years ago and going through the first boss in Sekiro, in my opinion, From Software is arguably the most overrated development studio in the gaming industry. Their games barely have a story, the games that have a silent protagonist make this even worse, the performance is always abysmal and the combat/gameplay is always stiff/clunky/janky like im playing an AA eurojank game. It's ridiculous.

But on the positive side, with Bloodborne, they gave gamers the best Castlevania game they've had in years. lol

P.S. - I have the plumber here fixing a leak in my shower as it's been causing leaks for the apartment downstairs and im hoping they're done by 11 so I can go pick up God of War Ragnarok. And getting up at 8:30am with only 5 hours of sleep since the Superintendent didn't notify me of when the plumber was coming, I already have a headache. UGH. Not the best way to start with what im expecting to be my 2022 game of the year. UGH. Basically, im in grumpy mood.

EDIT: Nice!!! The plumbers just finished. Have to clean up a little and then, I can get ready to get GOWR. I'm now in a happy mood. From Software is still overrated though. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
  • haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
After playing Bloodborne for about 10 hours years ago and going through the first boss in Sekiro, in my opinion, From Software is arguably the most overrated development studio in the gaming industry. Their games barely have a story, the games that have a silent protagonist make this even worse, the performance is always abysmal and the combat/gameplay is always stiff/clunky/janky like im playing an AA eurojank game. It's ridiculous.

This, so much this.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Hot take -

But on the positive side, with Bloodborne, they gave gamers the best Castlevania game they've had in years. lol

P.S. - I have the plumber here fixing a leak in my shower as it's been causing leaks for the apartment downstairs and im hoping they're done by 11 so I can go pick up God of War Ragnarok. And getting up at 8:30am with only 5 hours of sleep since the Superintendent didn't notify me of when the plumber was coming, I already have a headache. UGH. Not the best way to start with what im expecting to be my 2022 game of the year. UGH. Basically, im in grumpy mood.

EDIT: Nice!!! The plumbers just finished. Have to clean up a little and then, I can get ready to get GOWR. I'm now in a happy mood. From Software is still overrated though. lol
Enjoy it bro, it starts off fast paced and hasn't let up yet (positively so).

D

Deleted member 13

The whole flow is smoother, it seemed obvious from the gameplay videos and it's even more obvious when you play it.
Controls are still the same and combos have the same inputs. I'm not saying GoW:R is bad. I'm saying that after playing 2018 GoW, I prefer FROM games combat over it.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I love the argument that a lack of traditional narrative delivery ie. cutscenes, walk and talks, means From games have no story. They have quite a lot of buried narrative in fact, and typically those who appreciate these games enjoy the process of learning about the world via means other than expository dialogue and cutscenes. If you don't like this method of story telling there is nothing wrong with that, but GTFO here with From games have no story.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
I love the argument that a lack of traditional narrative delivery ie. cutscenes, walk and talks, means From games have no story. They have quite a lot of buried narrative in fact, and typically those who appreciate these games enjoy the process of learning about the world via means other than expository dialogue and cutscenes. If you don't like this method of story telling there is nothing wrong with that, but GTFO here with From games have no story.
Wrong thread?

• brain
Reactions: saintjules
Status
Not open for further replies.