God of War Ragnarök | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I did read most of the reviews in Spanish and most of them say they didn't complete all the secondary missions before writing the review.

Did any review mentioned to have completed all the secondary stuff? Did they mention how many hours takes to complete everything, not just the main story and a few side quests? Seems that there are many awesome secondary missions (Witcher 3 level) and it opens a lot of extra areas and content.
story around 20h, side content around maybe 40h.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Well this was expected coming from you

Now wheres the dislike button hahaha
it is not really funny, it is pathetic actually. so have no story is now Plus? 😂
i am sorry, but people idiots making shit up, like WTF? pretending like Sony games don't have gameplay? Clowns.
God of War shits all over Elden Ring, they can't even bother to update their clunky gameplay for 15 years.
NioH games gameplay shits all over Elden Ring.

this bullshit just has to stop.

Reactions: Airbus

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
lol at people using elden ring to rest merits to any sony exclusive also using the same trash arguments " its cinematic" " i prefer gameplay" LOL ,was ridiculous with HFW now its laughable,keep the good fight again sony exclusives vfx

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Calling GoW (and that I’m talking at 2018) a cinematic non-gameplay experience is weird. The gameplay is more fluid, fast and complex than Elden Ring and that is like 90% of the game experience.

BTW even reviewers says Ragnarok has better combat/gameplay, side quests and story than Elden Ring 🤷‍♂️

But hey you guys took the time to read them?

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: PlacidusaX

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Apparently games having decent production value, motion capture, etc, constitutes "cinematic non-gameplay experiences". Everybody knows Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us Pt II, God of War and Horizon Forbidden West play exactly the same. They do the same things. They are actually the same game with textures replaced.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
i am sorry, but people idiots making shit up, like WTF?

God of War shits all over Elden Ring, they can't even bother to update their clunky gameplay for 15 years.
NioH games gameplay shits all over Elden Ring.

this bullshit just has to stop.
You just made something up.
You haven't played both but have much to say.

No it doesn't shit on the higher rated Elden Ring and saying nioh is better is a new level of trolling.
Actually this type of BS is what has to stop.

Calling GoW (and that I’m talking at 2018) a cinematic non-gameplay experience is weird.

The game is more fluid, fast and complex than Elden Ring and that is like 90% of the game experience.

BTW even reviewers says Ragnarok has better combat/gameplay, side quests and story than Elden Ring 🤷‍♂️

But hey you guys took the time to read them?
I guarantee gow r isn't more complex than Elden Ring.

More fast is highly doubtful as well.

Elden Ring doesn't have side quests.
Tell me you haven't played ER without telling me you haven't played ER.

What it does have is the ability to go where you want and I can guarantee gow r won't come close to being as deep as Elden Ring is with this.

As far story well... gow r is more cinematic.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Elden Ring doesn't have side quests.
Tell me you haven't played ER without telling me you haven't played ER.
And you need to read that lol

Talk with Irina or other NPC and it will open a side quest.
There is several NPCs with side quests in Elden Ring.

What Elden Ring doesn’t have is a side quest log/tracker interface.

Last edited:
Reactions: Airbus

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Its funny 20 years ago when Sega got praise for games like Shenmue for being open to taking a more cinematic approach in gameplay but for the past decade everybody shits on sony for having more "cinematic" gameplay in their games even tho they can never define what they mean by cinematic

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Its funny 20 years ago when Sega got praise for games like Shenmue for being open to taking a more cinematic approach in gameplay but for the past decade everybody shits on sony for having more "cinematic" gameplay in their games even tho they can never define what they mean by cinematic

The "cinematic" argument is used to devalue what the game offers. Real cinematic game experiences would be stuff like Detroit: Become Human or Beyond Two Souls. Again, having outstanding production value does not = cinematic.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
And you need to read that lol

Talk with Irina or other NPC and it will open a side quest.
There is several NPCs with side quests in Elden Ring.

What Elden Ring doesn’t have is a side quest log/tracker interface.
It's open world.
You can basically do all types of things.
It doesn't have a check list because it's a different thing.
Gow is based on Dark Souls interconnected world and has side quests with visible check lists to boot.

Not the same thing.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
The "cinematic" argument is used to devalue what the game offers. Real cinematic game experiences would be stuff like Detroit: Become Human or Beyond Two Souls. Again, having outstanding production value does not = cinematic.
Hours worth of cinematics does though.

Edit.
4.5 hours according to Google

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It's open world.
You can basically do all types of things.
It doesn't have a check list because it's a different thing.
Gow is based on Dark Souls interconnected world and has side quests with visible check lists to boot.

Not the same thing.
Nah you just said something wrong/false to tell about others not having played the game.

Side quests are side quests no matter if you have a menu Ui for it or not… and side quests are the same thing… you start it and you have a questline for it.

Demons’ Souls 2009 (and all Soulsborne games after it) have side quests without menu UI… it is not something new to Elden Ring:

Having an interconnected world or not has nothing to do with side quests.

Last edited:

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
Nah you just said something wrong/false to tell about others not having playing the game.

Side quests are side quests no matter if you have a menu Ui for it or not… and side quests are the same thing.

Nahhh each game is different.
Elden Ring is open world and way less cinematic.

A better comparison to gow would be the witcher 3, even though it's open world it's quests got the markers and it has cinematics connected to many of them.

Others not playing the game is true especially with the nioh comparisons.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Nahhh each game is different.
Elden Ring is open world and way less cinematic.

A better comparison to gow would be the witcher 3, even though it's open world it's quests got the markers and it has cinematics connected to many of them.

Others not playing the game is true especially with the nioh comparisons.
You have no ideia what are you talking about.

Side quests are side quests… a menu to show them doesn’t change what they are.
Elden Ring has them just like GoW or any other game with side quests.
You can argue one has more than other… or one have simple side quest (Fallout 4) or complex side quest (Fallout New Vegas) that I won’t even enter in the discussion because I won’t know how many side quests Ragnarok have until play it.

But to try to say side quests are not side quests because there is no menu interface is weird lol

BTW what defines cinematic to you? Elden Ring like one and half hour of cutscenes.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
It's quite simple: Sony are the best at it and their first party is shockingly bad at it, therefore they need to deride the whole concept to.

You didn't see anybody complaining about cinematic games when it was Half Life 2, Bioshock, Mass Effect, even Halo 3. The list goes on. And that fanbase now is hyping up Hellblade 2 of all things

It's the same argument as not playing "kiddy" games as if that makes Nintendo games any less good

D

Deleted member 13

lol at people using elden ring to rest merits to any sony exclusive also using the same trash arguments " its cinematic" " i prefer gameplay" LOL ,was ridiculous with HFW now its laughable,keep the good fight again sony exclusives vfx
Sony games do have a lot of cinematics and move you from level to level with them. It's not meant to trash the brand. I like cinematics. I just like gameplay more. And most games fall short in gameplay compared to FROM games in my opinion.

Sony games are great! I love them and will buy everyone of them that comes to PC. Period. I've already played every one that has come to PC on the PS before when I had a PS4 and PS5.

Get out of your system that I hate Sony. It has never been the case.

Last edited by a moderator:

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
You have no ideia what are you talking about.

Side quests are side quests… a menu to show them doesn’t change what they are.
Elden Ring has them just like GoW or any other game with side quests.
You can argue one has more than other… or one have simple side quest (Fallout 4) or complex side quest (Fallout New Vegas) that I won’t even enter in the discussion because I won’t know how many side quests Ragnarok have until play it.

But to try to say side quests are not side quests because there is no menu interface is weird lol

BTW what defines cinematic to you? Elden Ring like one and half hour of cutscenes.
The gameplay and the way you do extra things is completely different for both games.
A menu and tracker to show them also makes them different.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 13
D

Deleted member 13

That was NOT my idea of cinematic experience. I apologize if people thought I was trying to devalue the gameplay. Not at all. Read my response to @riesgoyfortuna for a better explanation.

D

Deleted member 13

You are right that ER has sidequests. They are just "hidden" and aren't clearly marked as such for people. But all of FROM games have been that way.

I defined what I meant by "cinematics". I hope it is more clear. I'm not trying to troll the game at all as I loved the GoW 2018 and look forward to playing this one as well.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Hours worth of cinematics does though.

Edit.
4.5 hours according to Google

Having lots of cinematics =/= cinematic game. They serve a purpose for telling the story in a way that puts the gamer on the characters shoes.

Sony games do have a lot of cinematics and move you from level to level with them. It's not meant to trash the brand. I like cinematics. I just like gameplay more. And most games fall short in gameplay compared to FROM games in my opinion.

That's like comparing apples to oranges. From games have a style. Hell, Souls games are a style. You can't compare hack and slash or cover shooter with souls games and say "the gameplay is X". I for one prefer smooth and fluid gameplay and not the boring Souls like clunky stuff. Doesn't mean it's bad, it's a personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.