God of War Ragnarök | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
LOL so instead of banning @Loy310 for calling all Xbox gamers scum of the earth or sub-human or whatever it was, y'all just delete his post, and my reply to it?

Brilliant, simply brilliant.
Why is every post of yours here trying to instigate something?

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I vehemently disagree. This is the same with cinema, music, etc. You won't have a guy that mostly listens to Blues review a Metal album. It doesn't make sense. Someone that appreciates the style will be able to find way more that they like / dislike when compared to someone that listens to blues. Additionally, someone that doesn't enjoy what they are playing because it's not their style will inherently score it unfairly. Case in point - Have someone that only plays platform games and dislikes Souls games and they will probably review Elden Ring very negatively.

There's a level of objectivity required when reviewing something.
There is also a level of knowledge, understanding music, mixing, how cohesive the group is... Whatever people in that field review for makes it possible to review beyond "I like this because reason" or " I hate it because I hate it".

Obviously, listening music you never listened before, especially outside your comfort zone, may require more listening to get used to it and understand the art.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
There is also a level of knowledge, understanding music, mixing, how cohesive the group is... Whatever people in that field review for makes it possible to review beyond "I like this because reason" or " I hate it because I hate it".

Obviously, listening music you never listened before, especially outside your comfort zone, may require more listening to get used to it and understand the art.

Precisely. If you were to have me listen to Madonna I'd probably rate it "trash". Doesn't mean madonna is trash, but it means I absolutely hate her music and the genre. They are not inherently bad, there's bad music in every single genre, but pop just... no.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster
P

peter42O

I'm not good at making them so im hoping someone here will be making an OT for GOWR so we can talk about the game once it releases next week and perhaps have a spoiler thread too.

Thoughts???

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'm not good at making them so im hoping someone here will be making an OT for GOWR so we can talk about the game once it releases next week and perhaps have a spoiler thread too.

Thoughts???

I say the OT can include spoilers but they must be with
the proper spoiler tag

Spoiling the game without it would = ban.

Or is it too much?

P

peter42O

I say the OT can include spoilers but they must be with the proper spoiler tag

Or is it too much?

This is good. I won't post spoilers at all but I also don't want to see any spoilers so as long as they're a spoiler box for them, that's good and better than it being "blurred out".

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Happy for my Sony homies who will enjoy this game. Just not for me personally.

Also, try not to get too butthurt over bad reviews. If I were to review a game like this it would probably get a mediocre score. I like what I see with the core gameplay/combat but long story-driven segments would have me lowering a game like this's score. I've learned that I generally don't have enough patience to wade through the boring stuff, and it hampers my desire to play or re-play games. A game like Ghosts of Tsushima almost had me quitting, but I trudged through it.. but the game wouldn't get above an 85 or so from me, as I just think some "Sony-isms" are outright bad game design. My understanding is this game has even more of that walking/talking "gameplay" that I personally think is.. well, garbage.

And that's OK.. having differing viewpoints and opinions is just normal. We don't all like the same kinds of things.
That's so many big games nowadays - Gears of War, Monster Hunter World, Red Dead Redemption etc. I can understand it's not everyone's cup of tea, but in games like these I think they (or something similar) is required otherwise you end up with a headache-inducing action/puzzle fest and no story.

I don't mind if reviewers mark a game down though, as long as elements they don't like are balanced against the package as a whole.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This is good. I won't post spoilers at all but I also don't want to see any spoilers so as long as they're a spoiler box for them, that's good and better than it being "blurred out".

Seems like the spoiler tag doesn't carry over in citations. @Darth Vader take a look please?

• Informative
Reactions: peter42O

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Horizon, GT7, TLOU Remake and GOW. What a year for Sony. They also have a minority stake in FROM so Elden Ring is kind of theirs too 😉

Yakuza and MGS have ten times more dialogue than Sony's games and they never get the "cinematic" complaints. The series was on GP and I didn't see them complain about all non-stop boring cutscenes.

I dropped Yakuza so many times because it was too much for me.

Don’t forget the Returnal expansion, that is worth mentioning. I feel like people forget about it because it was free but it was hours and hours of fun

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Seems we found who is the GoWR reviewer of IGN Korea:
kim jong un GIF
kim jong un korea GIF

I say the OT can include spoilers but they must be with
the proper spoiler tag

Or is it too much?
I think game spoilers should be banned, unless there's a separate thread only for spoilers of the game.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Really excellent reviews but I share @IntentionalPun's opinion. I don't see it being more fun for me than Elden Ring this year. I get it that many people love the Sony "cinematic" experience that's in every one of their exclusives. I'm just more of a fan of gameplay and FROM seems to be top dawg for me.
Well this was expected coming from you

Now wheres the dislike button hahaha

• haha
Reactions: Gediminas

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I did read most of the reviews in Spanish and most of them say they didn't complete all the secondary missions before writing the review.

Did any review mentioned to have completed all the secondary stuff? Did they mention how many hours takes to complete everything, not just the main story and a few side quests? Seems that there are many awesome secondary missions (Witcher 3 level) and it opens a lot of extra areas and content.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Oct 2022
Really excellent reviews but I share @IntentionalPun's opinion. I don't see it being more fun for me than Elden Ring this year. I get it that many people love the Sony "cinematic" experience that's in every one of their exclusives. I'm just more of a fan of gameplay and FROM seems to be top dawg for me.
Yeah Elden Ring seems to be more complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.