God Of War Ragnarok has been cracked on PC already

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
the game is not even on PS Plus for PAYING costumers, mind you

remember: you're paying $70/$80 so 2 years later the game comes to PC at $50 and on piracy websites for millions to play for free, this is the state of modern playstation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
the game is being review bombed because of PSN account requirement too
AzISgHP.png

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I don't think people here have caught on to the fact that the ones who do the cracking make money by doing so, and Sony continuously shoots themselves in the foot by not having any kind of anti-piracy on their games (not that those are forever uncrackable). I should also add, a lot of the people pirating said game are people who physically can't buy the game.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: arvfab

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Well the answer CLEARLY is going day and date. Hopefully Cory Barlog's new game will be day one on PC already.

• haha
Reactions: Umar

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
So pirates get to play the game offline while paying customers have to sign in to PSN to play
Another case of paying customers getting a worse experience than pirates due to DRM. Sony should drop the PSN thing, its dumb. You don't even need to do that on PS5.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
So pirates get to play the game offline while paying customers have to sign in to PSN to play
Another case of paying customers getting a worse experience than pirates due to DRM. Sony should drop the PSN thing, its dumb. You don't even need to do that on PS5.
I don't think most understand the PSN thing is one of the reasons their games have such a huge problem with piracy, that, coupled with the fact it doesn't HAVE anti-piracy to begin with, is a big problem. It's not a problem for Microsoft because most of PC's player base is on Windows, in which 99% of Windows users have a Microsoft account, it wouldn't make sense to be on Windows but not have a Microsoft account.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
I don't think most understand the PSN thing is one of the reasons their games have such a huge problem with piracy, that, coupled with the fact it doesn't HAVE anti-piracy to begin with, is a big problem. It's not a problem for Microsoft because most of PC's player base is on Windows, in which 99% of Windows users have a Microsoft account, it wouldn't make sense to be on Windows but not have a Microsoft account.
I mean even I have a PSN account, its not having an account thats an issue imo (though there are countries where people can't make PSN accounts), its that single player games don't have a good reason to need to connect to the internet, and requiring that inhibits the ability to play offline.
But yeah that is def a contributor; if people need to make PSN accounts and can't (such as being in a country that doesn't offer it), they can't buy the game. So of course they turn to piracy.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I mean even I have a PSN account, its not having an account thats an issue imo (though there are countries where people can't make PSN accounts), its that single player games don't have a good reason to need to connect to the internet, and requiring that inhibits the ability to play offline.
But yeah that is def a contributor; if people need to make PSN accounts and can't (such as being in a country that doesn't offer it), they can't buy the game. So of course they turn to piracy.
I also have a PSN account and have no problems linking it to anything that needs to be linked to, BUT, as you said, there are a ton of countries that can't create one, and they have the access to the game taken away because of that, which is just mindboggling to me.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
the game is being review bombed because of PSN account requirement too

"We hear you! We will remove the PSN requirement and will invite each one of you on Hulst's Yacht if we manage to scalp a few more of our own disc drives" - PlayStation

• haha
Reactions: Umar

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Their games were being pirated before this PSN fiasco so that's not even an excuse lol