God Of War Ragnarok has been cracked on PC already

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
No? Because it's been the case from day one?
you aren't gonna tell me that it hasn't been exacerbated by the recent inclusion of a PSN account link from regions that can't make one or even buy the game in general. That is the truth.

Go and look at Steam's post about the game, some are posting the "oops!" screen because the game isn't in their country and people are telling them to sail the internet seas because of it.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
you aren't gonna tell me that it hasn't been exacerbated by the recent inclusion of a mandatory PSN account from regions that can't make one or even buy the game in general. That is the truth.

Are you having a laugh?

Piracy has been a staple for PC gamers since its inception.

What’s with this excuse? Don’t want to log into a PSN account. Let’s pirate the game.

Just PC peasants being PC peasants.

99% of games in PC existence don’t have a mandatory PSN account sign in and those games are pirated too.

Behave yourself.

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
the game is being review bombed because of PSN account requirement too
AzISgHP.png
Good, sony is stupid for doing this PC shit anyway.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
you aren't gonna tell me that it hasn't been exacerbated by the recent inclusion of a PSN account link from regions that can't make one or even buy the game in general. That is the truth.

Go and look at Steam's post about the game, some are posting the "oops!" screen because the game isn't in their country and people are telling them to sail the internet seas because of it.

@Gediminas have you heard? It's ok if you steal a 30th anniversary Pro bundle because PS Direct is not available in your country. Lucky you!

• haha
Reactions: Gediminas

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Are you having a laugh?

Piracy has been a staple for PC gamers since its inception.

What’s with this excuse? Don’t want to log into a PSN account. Let’s pirate the game.

Just PC peasants being PC peasants.

99% of games in PC existence don’t have a mandatory PSN account sign in and those games are pirated too.

Behave yourself.
"Don’t want to log into a PSN account. Let’s pirate the game."

Yo bud, idk if you actually read anything I said, but those people can't make an account, and the game isn't sold in their country. Where did I say I am pro-piracy?

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
@Gediminas have you heard? It's ok if you steal a 30th anniversary Pro bundle because PS Direct is not available in your country. Lucky you!
I never said I was pro-piracy, at all, actually. I am saying this is what others are telling people who physically can't buy the game because it isn't sold in their country.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
We're trying to tell you that blocking people from being able to buy a game means they will turn to other avenues.
Yes, the game would've been pirated regardless; every game gets pirated, piracy is a non issue. But the amount of piracy surely must be affected by one's ability to purchase and play a game. Yknow, the whole "piracy is a service issue" thing.

• haha
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: arvfab and Exicide

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
We're trying to tell you that blocking people from being able to buy a game means they will turn to other avenues.
Yes, the game would've been pirated regardless; every game gets pirated, piracy is a non issue. But the amount of piracy surely must be affected by one's ability to purchase and play a game. Yknow, the whole "piracy is a service issue" thing.
It was PC gamers that caused games to get blocked, and the worst part the idiots who orchestrated the smear weren't the ones who were even affected.

• they're_right_you_know

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
It was PC gamers that caused games to get blocked, and the worst part the idiots who orchestrated the smear weren't the ones who were even affected.
PC gamers are not the ones who put a requirement to be in a region where you can have a PSN account in order to purchase the game. Sony did that. Sony added the region locking.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
PC gamers are not the ones who put a requirement to be in a region where you can have a PSN account in order to purchase the game. Sony did that

Except this was not even the case, why are you trying to rewrite history? That's not how the PSN log in worked prior to smear campaign.

Guess what? PS players been doing the same thing since 2006 and still are. Just make an account in whatever country you want because Sony truly doesn't give a shit.

All they had to do was make an account anywhere they wanted and the link their account, so Sony can count them as a MAU.

Instead y'all made into an issue where they had to block games and now instill requirements. Next time don't cry wolf

• they're_right_you_know

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
So PC players which didn't have access to PlayStation games previously stole the consoles and the games?
Depends on the age of the games and consoles. If the console is currently jailbroken and/or there's functional emulators available, then yes, absolutely. In the case of the PS5, which is currently not fully jailbroken (you can dump games, but you can't play pirated copies), no. If your intention is to point out that PS5 games weren't able to be pirated until they were released on PC then you're right; the games were not piratable until they got a PC release. Or, at least not *playable* by pirates. You can technically find PS5 roms online, but they're useless, currently.

This doesn't change the fact that if someone is unable to purchase a game, and they want to play the game, they will find a way to play the game one way or another, and that includes piracy. Limiting who is able to buy your game contributes to piracy for this reason.

• they're_right_you_know

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Who the fuck cares. If you care about these games then pay for them or they won't make anymore.

Piracy is stupid for people who can afford games.

• they're_right_you_know

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Put denuvo for a year. Sony is way too cheap.
Ah yes, another way to ensure pirates get a better product than paying customers
Its true though, that would prevent piracy for a while. But preventing piracy is not worth hindering paying customers, unless you are a corporate executive or a shareholder.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
PS players been doing the same thing since 2006 and still are
This is false You do not need a PSN account to play the games you purchase, generally speaking. If I put a disc into my PS5, I do not need to connect to PSN in order to play it.
I own a PS3 and a PS5. I have a PSN account. Do not cite the ancient texts to me. I was there when they were written. I had a PS3 long before I had internet access.