God Of War Ragnarok has been cracked on PC already

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This is a blatant lie. You do not need a PSN account to play the games you purchase, generally speaking. If I put a disc into my PS5, I do not need to connect to PSN in order to play it.
I own a PS3 and a PS5. I have a PSN account. Do not cite the ancient texts to me. I was there when they were written.
Oh gawd! The fact you deleted everything I said and quoted this part only to then misinterpret 💀

As I said PS players have been making accounts = PSN Accounts in whatever country they've wanted to since 2006... Many don't have actual local PSN Stores... You just pick whatever country you like and that's the end of it. Account created, you have access to the store in that country.

That is all that was required of PC players making an account, just make an account in whatever country and never care again

Instead y'all got games blocked for being faked outraged lol.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Oh gawd! The fact you deleted everything I said and quoted this part only to then misinterpret 💀

As I said PS players have been making accounts = PSN Accounts in whatever country they've wanted to since 2006... Many don't have actual local PSN Stores... You just pick whatever country you like and that's the end of it. Account created, you have access to the store in that country.

That is all that was required of PC players making an account, just make an account in whatever country and never care again

Instead y'all got games blocked for being faked outraged lol.
Sony placed region locks on the regions that don't have PSN stores.
There are many countries where you literally cannot press the purchase button to get the game. You cannot put that on anyone other than the person who hosts the store page.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Sony placed region locks on the regions that don't have PSN stores.
There are many countries where you literally cannot press the purchase button to get the game. You cannot put that on anyone other than the person who hosts the store page.
Again missing the point. Sony did not care what region they signed up in until they made a huge fuss about how countries weren't listed

For the last time this is exactly how it still is on PS5 / PS4. People with no stores in their countries simply been picking a country that works for them or whatever currency is best for them and just use that store.

If you wanna continue to be obtuse, in order to somehow not acknowledge that PC gamers caused games to get blocked then so be it.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Again missing the point. Sony did not care what region they signed up in until they made a huge fuss about how countries weren't listed

For the last time this is exactly how it still is on PS5 / PS4. People with no stores in their countries simply been picking a country that works for them or whatever currency is best for them and just use that store.

If you wanna continue to be obtuse, in order to somehow not acknowledge that PC gamers caused games to get blocked then so be it.
you are the one who is being obtuse. People physically CAN'T buy the game.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
I misunderstood at first, but I think Danja is saying that the region locking is caused by the fuss PC gamers made about the PSN requirement indirectly pushing Sony to place the region locking restriction, and their argument is that because of that, any loss caused by region locking can only be blamed on the PC gamers who made a fuss

...even though they're not the ones that actually set the region locking on it. No one forced them to do that

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I misunderstood at first, but I think Danja is saying that the region locking is caused by the fuss PC gamers made about the PSN requirement indirectly pushing Sony to place the region locking restriction, and their argument is that because of that, any loss caused by region locking can only be blamed on the PC gamers who made a fuss

...even though they're not the ones that actually set the region locking on it. No one forced them to do that
It was them that caused the region locking. Steam users do not buy games through PSN lol. So the original implementation of the Account linking would have had ZERO effect how they access a game.

It wasn't until they started the smear campaign how there's no PSN in xxxx countries,m. Sony then region blocked the games to to shut them up and shield their TOS for any lawsuits

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Ah yes, another way to ensure pirates get a better product than paying customers
Its true though, that would prevent piracy for a while. But preventing piracy is not worth hindering paying customers

Sorry, incoming wall of text:

I agree with eveything but just like Xbox gamers expect games to hit game pass, there's a subset of PC gamers that is going to pirate these games out of habit.

Just like there used to be console gamers that bought consoles at release and kept them in a box waiting for the hack to play pirated games to be available.

If I were Sony I would check regional pricing but put denuvo in all upcoming single player games for a year. Folks dont have issue when other companies do it. Sony's ports unless the naughty gods I mean...code monkeys are involved are quality, have no DLC, no MTX... there is no excuse.

What's the alternative? Buying a box just for a handful of games and then have it gathering dust?

I play on PC because of all the advantages the platform provides as I want games to have the best possible version. Not to pirate and go back to the mid 00s when the platform missed loads of games, even entire genres.

There are lots of ways to play games on PC legally without spending a dime or extremely cheap:

Epic games store freebies: every Thursday they add free games, even big AAA titles from time to time.

Amazon prime gaming: lots of new games every month alongside your streaming subscription.

Humble bundle.

Fan games/modding/total conversions/openBOR/MUGEN/ games doom wads...

Folks have no excuse. Have some self control and wait until the game is on sale. You don't need to play every big game at release.

• they're_right_you_know

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Yknow what it being a "cover your ass" thing to avoid lawsuits I could totally see.
They could be always just...not require PSN in the first place on most of these games tho

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yknow what it being a "cover your ass" thing to avoid lawsuits I could totally see.
They could be always just...not require PSN in the first place on most of these games tho
Or they want people playing their games to also factor into their MAU like every other PUB does.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023

Folks were wanting PC gamers to do the same workarounds they do on PSN as in creating multiple accounts in different countries. Instead of asking Sony to up their game with their online infrastructure.

I still think that a subset of PC gamers uses this as an excuse to feel better when pirating the game as if they were sticking it to the man.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Sorry, incoming wall of text:

I agree with eveything but just like Xbox gamers expect games to hit game pass, there's a subset of PC gamers that is going to pirate these games out of habit.

Just like there used to be console gamers that bought consoles at release and kept them in a box waiting for the hack to play pirated games to be available.

If I were Sony I would check regional pricing but put denuvo in all upcoming single player games for a year. Folks dont have issue when other companies do it. Sony's ports unless the naughty gods I mean...code monkeys are involved are quality, have no DLC, no MTX... there is no excuse.

What's the alternative? Buying a box just for a handful of games and then have it gathering dust?

I play on PC because of all the advantages the platform provides as I want games to have the best possible version. Not to pirate and go back to the mid 00s when the platform missed loads of games, even entire genres.

There are lots of ways to play games on PC legally without spending a dime or extremely cheap:

Epic games store freebies: every Thursday they add free games, even big AAA titles from time to time.

Amazon prime gaming: lots of new games every month alongside your streaming subscription.

Humble bundle.

Fan games/modding/total conversions/openBOR/MUGEN/ games doom wads...

Folks have no excuse. Have some self control and wait until the game is on sale. You don't need to play every big game at release.
Games do not need DRM or piracy prevention in order to be successful. People buy DRM free games (see GoG). People buy games with weak DRM (see Steam and Epic). Denuvo as a tool for piracy prevention, while it does work, and while yes, there are people who pirate out of habit, is not necessary for a game to sell.

• they're_right_you_know

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Games do not need DRM or piracy prevention in order to be successful. People buy DRM free games (see GoG). People buy games with weak DRM (see Steam and Epic). Denuvo as a tool for piracy prevention, while it does work, and while yes, there are people who pirate out of habit, is not necessary for a game to sell.

I agree but these are big games and extremely popular so they are going to be a big target for pirates. Not many people care about pirating the OG Resident Evil trilogy from GOG for example.

Ideally Sony would release these releases with denuvo, protect those year 1 sales and then release on GOG when removing denuvo.

By that time the game will be fully patched and have some discounts so price will be used less of an excuse.

• they're_right_you_know

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Like every other PUB does.
I don't need to sign into a Bandai Namco account to play .hack//GU or Tales of Berseria
I don't need to sign into a Square Enix account to play Kingdom Hearts III or Romancing SaGa 2's remake.
I don't need to sign into an NIS account to play Trails into Reverie or Disgaea 6.
I don't need to sign into a Spike Chunsoft account to play Danganronpa V3 or Rain Code
I don't need to sign into a Capcom account to play Resident Evil 4 Remake or Devil May Cry 5
I don't need to sign into an Idea Factory account to play Megadimension Neptunia VII or Mary Skelter Finale
I don't need to sign into a Koei Tecmo account to play Atelier Ryza or Blue Reflection
I don't need to sign into an Atlus account to play Persona 5 or Soul Hackers 2
I don't need to sign into a Sega account to play Sonic Forces or Valkyria Chronicles 4

• haha

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
"Don’t want to log into a PSN account. Let’s pirate the game."

Yo bud, idk if you actually read anything I said, but those people can't make an account, and the game isn't sold in their country. Where did I say I am pro-piracy?

And who was responsible for this block?

You guessed it. PC gamers and their Helldivers outrage.

PlayStation gamers have been creating accounts for other countries since the PS3 days.

No issues.

You are just a bunch of entitled brats. God knows where it comes from.

You offer the least.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I don't need to sign into a Bandai Namco account to play .hack//GU or Tales of Berseria
I don't need to sign into a Square Enix account to play Kingdom Hearts III or Romancing SaGa 2's remake.
I don't need to sign into an NIS account to play Trails into Reverie or Disgaea 6.
I don't need to sign into a Spike Chunsoft account to play Danganronpa V3 or Rain Code
I don't need to sign into a Capcom account to play Resident Evil 4 Remake or Devil May Cry 5
I don't need to sign into an Idea Factory account to play Megadimension Neptunia VII or Mary Skelter Finale

Stop cherry picking.

Signing into an account isn’t some rare occurrence.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I don't need to sign into a Koei Tecmo account to play Atelier Ryza or Blue Reflection
I don't need to sign into an Atlus account to play Persona 5 or Soul Hackers 2
I don't need to sign into a Sega account to play Sonic Forces or Valkyria Chronicles 4
Okay?? Doesn't change anything about this discussion or what was said unless you get off on attempting to cosplay in devils advocacy 🤣